Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AD Continua Suggestions, Feedback, Bugs ...

The other Continua thread has got a bit bogged down, so I thought for clarity a new one might be easier. Here are a few suggestions, and bugs I’ve found in Continua ... which I’m having a lot of fun with at the moment.

I’ve also sent these to AD directly but am interested to see what others think about these suggestions, and whether they can reproduce the bugs.

Suggestions

BROWSER ... would be great if swiping on the patch list scrolled the patch list instead of selecting the patch where the swipe begins. The scroll bar is so narrow that it’s hard to hit sometimes, and it’s too easy to accidentally lose a patch I’m working on if I tap a patch name instead of the scroll bar.

MOD MATRIX A global mod matrix would really make a big difference, something similar in concept to Quanta. It’s difficult to get a modulation overview all the modulations esp with so many modulation possibilities.

PARAMETER RESET: Since double tap opens the MOD panel, could long press reset parameter to default value?

Bugs

The LFO visualiser window does not align the dot with the waveform correctly when Phase is a non-zero value.

I can modulate Macro knobs, but this does not seem to modulate the parameters which the Macro knob modulates. The manual suggests that this is possible (“Macro Controls” section on p18)

In standalone Mode pressing the highest note does nothing for about a second.

Comments

• These are excellent suggestions. I’d add a way to step through presets without opening the browser every time.

The FEGs are fantastic but really need a mouse / pencil for editing. Probably not something that can be fixed.

• I’ve yet to email them but I plan on it. The LFO behavior is different in sync and free mode. In free it retriggers randomly on note input whereas sync keeps its place no matter how many notes you play. Seems like they should be the same?

Sometimes OSC 2 bleeds through with volume at zero after bringing the FM for OSC 2 down to zero on OSC 1. Taking the FM up and back down to zero fixes it.

I have the desktop version as well and noticed them on both.

We def need a way to reset params like you said. Some of us mentioned this in the other thread as well. Long tap would be great.

• @craftycurate said:
    PARAMETER RESET: Since double tap opens the MOD panel, could long press reset parameter to default value?

Long press might not be the best. No movement on a small throw is difficult, also dialing in small changes may be misinterpreted.
    Maybe a snap to zero as you pass the value would work better?

Best, inmho, would be like what multitrack DAW does with the fly out and a snap to zero but I'm sure that would be to much effort for AD at this point in development (post release).

Ive mapped the parameters to midi apps that will give me that snap and have a larger display.

Actually physical keyboard shortcuts would be great, like hold shift and tap parameter to zero, or hold F while adjusting for fine tune.
    Also, arrow keys to move through presets.... AD are you listening?

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    These are excellent suggestions. I’d add a way to step through presets without opening the browser every time.

The FEGs are fantastic but really need a mouse / pencil for editing. Probably not something that can be fixed.

+1

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @StudioES said:
    re: Parameter Reset: The paramter's value can also be adjusted in the MOD panel, so possibly a double-tap there would work.

I think that along with a long tap. Hopefully we don’t have to open a window just to zero a param.