Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUM re-mapping Midi cc’s?

Trying to avoid having to remapp midi cc’s every time I open the same app within aum. Say you have a synth all mapped out in one session, but then a week later you add this same synth to a different session, its midi mapping time again. I notice some apps do offer a way avoiding this, but its different per app. For example Ice Gear offers a midi mapping file in settings (very convenient ). In SB Factory, midi setting save per patch. So I set up an init patch, set midi cc’s and it sticks from there on. Korg electribe, I have no solution. SpaceCraft will carry over its midi cc’s from standalone mode when used as an au.

Do you have any tips, work arounds, or did I miss anything simple to get things up and running asap?

-thx

Comments

• edited January 2020

My only idea would be to create/save an AUM template with all your regularly used synths loaded and mapped and just start from this template with each new project, deleting all but the synths you’re going to use each time.

• edited January 2020

When you add a channel, tap import and choose the channel from the session you need, all saved midi bindings from this channel will be imported too. The session you import from can be a template.

• edited January 2020

@Eschatone hey thx, yes I’ve been doing this quite a bit, wondering if there was another way.
    @Janosax yooooo thx for this tip! I was not aware of how this import feature worked. Combined with the technique above, I should have a much smoother and easier time setting up midi 👍🏼

• edited January 2020

@hibjshop said:
    @Eschatone hey thx, yes I’ve been doing this quite a bit, wondering if there was another way.
    @Janosax yooooo thx for this tip! I was not aware of how this import feature worked. Combined with the technique above, I should have a much smoother and easier time setting up midi 👍🏼

Right on! I didn’t notice the single channel import either, thnx Jano! Even after a couple years, I’m still learning about this powerhouse app! :) This will be a big time saver once I get a few templates setup with my favorite effects chains & commonly used interapp routings.