Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Discord 4 over-cooking

My favourite fx is sounding ropey since the last update - the levels seem to overheat easily, and I’m getting a lot of distortion.

Never had any issues previously, and it’s doing it with all app inputs, using the factory app presets. Recordings are coming out over cooked too.

Anyone else noticed this? Really miffed if I can’t work around this as I use it on every session, but pretty unusable for me now.

Comments

• I thought it was always like that. Every time I used it I remember needing to be careful with levels.

• edited January 2020

Yeah, do you mean the dry wet mix? Cause I remember always having to turn it down to like 10% for the effect not to completely dominate the dry signal and be very grating.

Edit: upon reread it sounds like you mean more of an input output signal problem. Can’t you just adjust that within the app? Can’t remember off the top of my head, but it feels like AD always has output adjustment if not input levels.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Yeah, do you mean the dry wet mix? Cause I remember always having to turn it down to like 10% for the effect not to completely dominate the dry signal and be very grating.

Edit: upon reread it sounds like you mean more of an input output signal problem. Can’t you just adjust that within the app? Can’t remember off the top of my head, but it feels like AD always has output adjustment if not input levels.

I quite often have the mix up high, usually no issues. It seems the filters are making much more of an impact than before - everything seems to be turned up.

Maybe I just have to readjust to it, but I got a really odd recording using it last night - the resulting wave was low in volume, but distorted and lacking in peaks and troughs - weird.

Need to work with it a bit more I guess, or might try reinstalling.