Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Interface question

Yeah isn’t app related but a question about audio connections.
If I have hardware synths that I want to plug into a Scarlett 2i4 to record into Ableton live do I need to run two quarter inch cables (left right) from the synth to two separate inputs on the interface of I want it to be stereo?

Or could I just record it into the daw with one cable and then stereo-ize it in the daw.

If this question is not allowed I understand but I’ve been wondering this for awhile and am now looking for an interface with more inputs to record my iPad + hardware into Live.

Thanks.

Comments

• In my limited experience, you only need to worry about stereo if the synth has onboard effects you want to use. Otherwise synths are inherently mono. If you use the onboard effects and want the stereo output you need to record the two-channel stereo feed. You can't sum it to mono and then restore it later.

• Ok. Gotcha.
    So if I’m just recording the raw feed of a synth that I plan to add vst effects to then mono is fine.

I have a digitone and a hydra synth, both of which have chorus, pan delay, reverb etc. Somifni want to record those effects if need to use the two channels.

Cool.
    Thanks