Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Touched" a Live touch screen piece

McDMcD
edited January 2020 in Creations

I spent a good bit of time making an AUM project that would be suitable for making music to accompany a local Da-Da Poet at an One Mic.

I think I'm close.

Pure iPad using SpaceCraft Ganular, TC-Data, KB-1 and Mozaic generators the for User Interface.

Synths used: Spacecraft Granular, ThumbJam (Strings), Axon 2, Continua.

FX: EvenTide Black Hole, Delayrium Stereo-to-Stereo, Binaural Location, Bark Filter (duh), GainStage (beta), TB Reverb (Shimmer LFO Chaos)

I could teach someone in the audience to "work the screen" in about 10 minutes, I think.
If they used "one finger" only they really can't screw it up or play too loud. Worst case I'll ask my wife or his wife to do it.

Then I could enjoy the Poet's performance too. Maybe with AudioBus Remote I could control the
volume from my iPhone and turn it way down. I'm a control freak.

Comments

• How did you use TC-Data on this?
    Give me credit, I'm trying.

• I used the 8x8 Grid preset and mapped it's MIDI out into a Thumjam in AUM using the MIDI Routing table. I think using individual synth setting for MIDI works fine. There might be setting I have implemented in TC-Data (NOTE: Data... not TC-11) that make it work.

I would connect TC-DAT into a Midi Monitor app like MIDI Spy and see what TC-Data is sending to debug you're rig.

• @Xsyst said:
    How did you use TC-Data on this?
    Give me credit, I'm trying.

(Humor on)

+1.

PM me for Member totals and special rewards.

• Offers invalid outside of CA due to international regulations.
    • Certain CA counties do NOT apply due to CA legal issues.

You have earned you first STAR.

(Humor off).

It's always wise to ask... even if the person being asked is an obvious douche.
    Some people are just lucky. Do not discount luck.

I dropped Mononke into this AUM project and played it with TC-Data too.
    Good for ambient textures. Not like the String section here but still interesting.
    I wonder if TC-Data has any MPE features.

MPE is the best thing ever!!! and Cool Beans.