Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Takete ♾ on sale at $45 ???

2»

Comments

• @Jmousseau72 said:
    Just curious, how does Takete compare to JammPro? Seem like some similar concepts here.

Jamm Pro is audio. It’s is a groovebox like grove mixer remixer effector.

• @MonzoPro said:
    Been tempted by this one for years, but the Lite version put me off as I hadn’t a clue what was going on.

Been a naff week, so might get this tonight if I get drunk enough.

It's a tough call. I'm glad I bought it, but I view it more as a complex and interesting audio/visual puzzle to figure out. I see great potential, but I also see some frustration. It's also kind of fun.

I've screwed around with it enough now that I think the frustration will likely be worth the rewards. I can't deny that it's also an imperfect interface.

My guess is that it was more or less designed for himself to use... so figuring out the logic means sort of virtually figuring out the dev's "notes to self".

Does that make sense?

• Skiphunt, that puzzle element perfectly defines my reservation right now.

Is there a feature or responsiveness difference in the graphics tools when using the in-app groovebox vs loading your fully crafted tracks?

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:
    Been tempted by this one for years, but the Lite version put me off as I hadn’t a clue what was going on.

It's a tough call. I'm glad I bought it, but I view it more as a complex and interesting audio/visual puzzle to figure out. I see great potential, but I also see some frustration. It's also kind of fun.

I've screwed around with it enough now that I think the frustration will likely be worth the rewards. I can't deny that it's also an imperfect interface.

My guess is that it was more or less designed for himself to use... so figuring out the logic means sort of virtually figuring out the dev's "notes to self".

Does that make sense?

Yeah definitely, sometimes they’re the best type of apps. I think the FieldScaper apps definitely fit in that genre.

Do you still have an Air 2? Just wondering if this old thing would cope. Been engrossed in a Grateful Dead doc this evening, so will test the free version tomorrow.

My stuff has been getting weirder by the week, would like some kind of representational visual accompaniment, not sure if this would fit that hole...

• edited May 2020

@gothamoddisee said:
    Skiphunt, that puzzle element perfectly defines my reservation right now.

Is there a feature or responsiveness difference in the graphics tools when using the in-app groovebox vs loading your fully crafted tracks?

most all the parameters can be played live on screen, including visual and audio faders, fx params, the grainular synth, the dj-style and touch clip players etc. and can be configured to do complex triggering: audio to video. video to audio, audio to audio, video to video, in whatever sequence or combination, with a variety of behaviors (go to next, got to last etc). The dev made it for his own live performances, which involved a lot of visual and audio improv.

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Does that make sense?

Yeah definitely, sometimes they’re the best type of apps. I think the FieldScaper apps definitely fit in that genre.

Do you still have an Air 2? Just wondering if this old thing would cope. Been engrossed in a Grateful Dead doc this evening, so will test the free version tomorrow.

My stuff has been getting weirder by the week, would like some kind of representational visual accompaniment, not sure if this would fit that hole...

No, I'm on a Pro 10.5... but I think his code is pretty efficient. It's not moving around very high res video. It's good enough though. I had the Air 2 before and I didn't notice any performance issues then. And, I briefly beta tested the iPhone version on my previous iPhone SE. Never noticed any performance issues. So, my guess is that an Air 2 would be perfectly fine.

• @skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

@MonzoPro said:

Does that make sense?

No, I'm on a Pro 10.5... but I think his code is pretty efficient. It's not moving around very high res video. It's good enough though. I had the Air 2 before and I didn't notice any performance issues then. And, I briefly beta tested the iPhone version on my previous iPhone SE. Never noticed any performance issues. So, my guess is that an Air 2 would be perfectly fine.

Thank you - I’ll have a go with the free/lite version tomorrow :)

• @audiblevideo said:

@Jmousseau72 said:
    Just curious, how does Takete compare to JammPro? Seem like some similar concepts here.

Jamm Pro is audio. It’s is a groovebox like grove mixer remixer effector.

Thanks for the context.

• @Jmousseau72 said:

there are some similar concepts. to make things less confusing i will start a thread that focuses on the audio component of Takete. hopefully some of the more experienced Takete users will share some of their knowledge. i’ve only spent a few hours with it.

• In the step editor is there a way to set note lenght not just limited to 1? Like long note?

• I am just not understanding syncing with Takete. I have a song set at 120 bpm and I’m wanting to launch 8 bar audio clips and can’t get any of the loops to play more than a bar it seems like and I have to set the bpm for the clips at 240 bpm to even get the kick on the 1,2,3,4 etc. Can’t find a lot of info when I search online, could anyone demystify this for me?