Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Basic NanoStudio 2 question (resize from left edge)

Is it possible to resize a part/clip from the LEFT side? I know parts/clips can be made longer on the right, using the drag handle at the bottom, but I can’t figure out how to resize a part from the left.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• no, not possible..

• @dendy said:
    no, not possible..

Oh goodness. Same as BM3. Fack.

Thank you, @dendy

• Can't you split the clip at the point you want to resize to, and then delete the left clip?

• @sch said:
    Can't you split the clip at the point you want to resize to, and then delete the left clip?

Yes you can!
    But @papertiger is right, being able to also move the start point like in Cubasis would be helpful during the rearrangement of clips, especially when you have long MIDI clips in which you have to find the good spots before being sure where to cut.

• Agreed. It’s an oversight to be sure. I use this in Auria Pro as well.

• Another important use for this, among others, is being able to reuse different parts of the same idea in different parts of the song (as linked copies), while still keeping the whole idea centrally editable.

@papertiger (if you have Xequence, you can resize from the left there, including looped and cloned clips).

• edited January 2020

Xequence 2, Auria Pro, and Cubasis can; NanoStudio 2 and Beatmaker 3 cannot. It’s a very simple thing but it’s incredibly annoying to have to work around.

I’ve been experimenting with the AUM, Xequence and Audiobus trifecta lately, @SevenSystems. I just need that timeline way too much to stick with just AUM. If it sticks all that’s left is to solve my MPE “dilemma” - record and delete audio until I get a nice take or deal with MPE MIDI data on iOS - lol!

I was giving NanoStudio 2 another go. I don’t understand why no one can get DAWs on iOS right!

• Once audio comes to NanoStudio this will be a major shortcoming, I’m always needing to trim the start of audio clips.

• You can trim a sample start in Slate easily enough, so I can’t see Matt not implementing it for audio at the very least. But, yeah, it should be available for trimming midi clips too.

• I thought it was just my lack of knowing but guess it’s something that might get looked at st some point.😌

• @rs2000 said:

@sch said:
    Can't you split the clip at the point you want to resize to, and then delete the left clip?

Yes you can!
    But @papertiger is right, being able to also move the start point like in Cubasis would be helpful during the rearrangement of clips, especially when you have long MIDI clips in which you have to find the good spots before being sure where to cut.

I just dupe and stack clips, mute one and split the other. Keeps everything fairly well under control.