Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke launched - This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @Imhodef said:
    Is this useful for anything other than Yoga and mixtapes for suicide breakfast with your cult mates? Well maybe corny horror flicks. The 1 minute video wasn't so impressive. seems overpriced considering there are other apps that "drone" i'd buy it at half the price. Doug created these sounds with Mood Synth.

JFC dude.

• @brambos hey look, I’ve turned into La Monte Young. This is pretty genius.

• @brambos or anyone who knows... I think I’m wording this properly... When sending midi in, in say AUM, how is Mononoke triggered? Do you have to send in the Pad(Midi #) to trigger each pad or can you send in any midi note on a piano roll to be played, like a typical synth?

• PS. Also is there a random patch creation button like some other Bram Apps?

• I > @Poppadocrock said:

@brambos or anyone who knows... I think I’m wording this properly... When sending midi in, in say AUM, how is Mononoke triggered? Do you have to send in the Pad(Midi #) to trigger each pad or can you send in any midi note on a piano roll to be played, like a typical synth?

I'm using it with Atom Piano Roll to trigger it in AUM and in the Synth interface for Mononoke you need to press Midi next to the number box at the bottom of the interface that says MIDI/MPE. Not sure if that answers your question but it took me a second to figure out why I wasn't getting midi to trigger until I did that

• @RockySmalls said:

@MonzoPro said:
    It’s quite nutty, this one, but in a good way.

Had a quick go with it through Discord, accompanied by Pure Acid (no issues loading, didn’t need to reboot), and it sounded like Hendrix - tipsy on a few glasses of Vin de Tesco, jamming with Altern8.

That could be an item, I can feel an album coming on.

well it’s about time..
    it’s been at least 48 hours since the last wormians

I’ve got secret ones, there’s been three more since then!

• @dreamrobe said:
    the concept of mononoke is as unique as synplant by soniccharge.
    maybe a little bit more so even.
    the hold buttons very handy.

at the beginning i was a bit confused with it having 8 pads but 6 feedback knobs and 2x3 voice knobs, i thought they should corrolate.
    but the manual at ruismaker.com is very well written while kept short.

i could not think of something to improve the app, except for maybe an extended pitchbend range. maybe to +-2 or even more. what would be dope if the pitchbend range could be set up per pad. that would probably overkill, but a fun overkill though.

anyway, congrats on this gem.
    the last time i had this much fun with droning was with a knas polygamist.

Very well said!

Small question, since @dreamrobe praises the manual: does someone have the link? (Somehow I cant find it on the Ruismaker website..)

• @brambos Recently I dove back into hardware and my iOS purchases have been largely curbed; that said, you've never steered me wrong and I went ahead and purchased this the moment it appeared. Thanks!

• Love it... lost the last couple of hours in spaceland!

• edited January 2020

@ohwell

Very well said!

Small question, since @dreamrobe praises the manual: does someone have the link? (Somehow I cant find it on the Ruismaker website..)

http://ruismaker.com/wp-content/uploads/Mononoke_Guide.pdf

• Bought it at work. Can't wait to get home to play it through my PA. I love apps that sound like feedback!

• I love love this. I don’t consider this a toy (except in the fun sense). This will be a very useful instrument for me! Thank you!!! Just really love how the feedback works to create such diverse variations. What’s really cool is to switch between presets that were saved with “hold” on and hear the transition. I do wish there was a way to switch presets and have the parameters interpolate. For an assignable amount of time! Love different growl and warp feedbacks options. Would love to see a resonance option as well. Adding physical modeled resonance could add another realm of space i think...

• def having fun with this one since i woke up! sounds great with some shimmmer!! the only thing i’d like to see, we’ll actually is a white noise source, but there’s ways to get there with other sources. def a great one here they will have lots of screen time

• Brilliant app. Icy pads been running here since release.

One small request - a general volume/gain out knob. Maybe itˋs just user error but it seems the output is really loud.

Thanks a lot for making these great tools!!!

• And you did it again... :)
    Had to come back to express my gratitude.

After filling some gaps you brought us your take on possibly the most innovative boxes from the past few years...
    Your finger is definitely on the right pulse.

Thanks and best wishes!

• Hey, hey, we're the Mononokes
    And people say we Mononoke around
    But we're too busy singing
    To put anybody down…

• It pairs well with the new eventide spring reverb. Really great job @brambos 🎉

• I definitely got that reference in the thread title 😁

• @zeropoint said:

@richardyot said:
    The good:

It's really cool the way you can just hold one damn note on an MPE controller app like KB-1 and let it evolve. Also this begs for FX apps, putting Electrogene after it is really really cool. Add some delay and reverb, and noodle away.

The less good:

I do wish there was a little more variety in the sound engine - a lot of the presets sound very similar to each other. I'll have a dig around creating my own, but so far it does seem to be a bit of a one-trick pony, even if the trick is very nice. I was hoping for a greater variety of textures, but at least Electrogene and also the Spectrum Granular FX are helping me out here.

Agreed. I am struggling getting much modulation going on, or rather what modulation there is seems very samey. I was expecting more from it and at the moment I feel I can get way more interesting atmospheres with a couple of choice samples in Spacecraft. Am I doing something wrong ? Does MPE really open it up ?

My view also so far.

• @david_2017 said:
    @brambos the thread title is GOLDEN :smiley: haha

I smell a new tradition. :)

• This is freaking my cat the fuck out and it’s glorious 😂

• edited January 2020

Hearing a lot of samey-ness. I like what I hear... but it all sounds kind of similar. I'm referring to demos that are mostly the Mononoke synth producing the sound. The ones that are pumping it through a ton of effects don't really tell that much.

Some in this thread who've purchased Mononoke have eluded to this samey-ness too.

That being said... the description says it sends midi out I think. So, can Mononoke be used to drive other synths too? If so, can you turn off the internal sound engine and just use it as a controller? If you can use it solely as a controller, is it unique as a controller alone?

I like the hold buttons on each pad.

• edited January 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@zeropoint said:

@richardyot said:
    The good:

It's really cool the way you can just hold one damn note on an MPE controller app like KB-1 and let it evolve. Also this begs for FX apps, putting Electrogene after it is really really cool. Add some delay and reverb, and noodle away.

The less good:

I do wish there was a little more variety in the sound engine - a lot of the presets sound very similar to each other. I'll have a dig around creating my own, but so far it does seem to be a bit of a one-trick pony, even if the trick is very nice. I was hoping for a greater variety of textures, but at least Electrogene and also the Spectrum Granular FX are helping me out here.

Agreed. I am struggling getting much modulation going on, or rather what modulation there is seems very samey. I was expecting more from it and at the moment I feel I can get way more interesting atmospheres with a couple of choice samples in Spacecraft. Am I doing something wrong ? Does MPE really open it up ?

My view also so far.

The fun is in the patience of being deliberate and learning how to get those maximum feedback swells when you want them, in my opinion. Also, the real time semi-tone tuning switching is a lot of fun for getting a drone out of a rut. However, it’s not a thousand hour zen box and I chuckle at all the people who were ready to let this make an album for them. It does what it does really well, but like you guys I find it very limited timbrally at this point. Far from done experimenting, though. I think some more spread out and interesting tunings might lead to some more sonically interesting fm going on.

Tl;dr Everyone just became an ambient expert, effectively making none of us one.

• Is anyone getting sound in ApeMatrix?

• @Svetlovska said:
    Bought here in UK. Trying it now...

...I think I’m going to like it. @Jamie_Mallender - The teddy is in the pram. I say again: the teddy is in the pram.

Just bought it and playing with it now. The teddy is safe!

• @brambos is it me, or are the note indications off by a tritone?! If I select a pad and adjust the tuning, say to where the display says C for example, the actual pitch sounded is F#! Very, very strange...

• For those who find modulations samey... make sure you RT(f)M to understand the feedback routes and tune your keys according to what you're after (dissonance vs +harmonics) that way additional timbres can be achieved.
    Also this synth is mostly about playing via built in keyboard or mpe enabled stuff, rather than feeding with 'regular' midi notes.
    It is focused, but also unique because of how the voices interact with each other.
    It is its own category... Like blackhole vs other reverbs, where it fits it can't be replaced, but not meant to be a general purpose tool

• @SilentObserver said:
    @brambos is it me, or are the note indications off by a tritone?! If I select a pad and adjust the tuning, say to where the display says C for example, the actual pitch sounded is F#! Very, very strange...

The Fine Tune affects all pads I think. Is that slightly off centre?