Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke launched - This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @FPC said:
    @brambos

Unless I’m doing something really stupid it’s not working for me.

I’m just getting a blue screen of death, the correct shade for the app. It’s says “for midi and mpe connectivity...” in a black banner across the top but that’s it.

It’s doesn’t show up as a AU in Cubasis and AUM either. I’ve tried reinstalling a couple of times. Am I missing something obvs?

Could you please try a restart instead of reinstalling? I looks like iOS doesn't notice a new AUv3 has been installed yet. Usually a restart forces iOS to rescan all installed extensions in that case.

• @Charlesalbert said:

@Imhodef said:
    Is this useful for anything other than Yoga and mixtapes for suicide breakfast with your cult mates? Well maybe corny horror flicks. The 1 minute video wasn't so impressive. seems overpriced considering there are other apps that "drone" i'd buy it at half the price. Doug created these sounds with Mood Synth.

How disrespectful. Can’t believe my eyes when I read this😂

No, it's fine. Not everybody likes a 303, not everybody likes a Theremin, not everybody will like Mononoke.

There are other synths more suitable for general purpose sound design which will appeal to a much broader audience. That's to be expected :)

• @brambos said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@Imhodef said:
    Is this useful for anything other than Yoga and mixtapes for suicide breakfast with your cult mates? Well maybe corny horror flicks. The 1 minute video wasn't so impressive. seems overpriced considering there are other apps that "drone" i'd buy it at half the price. Doug created these sounds with Mood Synth.

How disrespectful. Can’t believe my eyes when I read this😂

No, it's fine. Not everybody likes a 303, not everybody likes a Theremin, not everybody will like Mononoke.

There are other synths more suitable for general purpose sound design which will appeal to a much broader audience. That's to be expected :)

There are certainly better ways to state an opinion, or to just realize it’s not your thing and move on silently.

• I was wondering what the AUv3 gold standard for touch screen first, per note sound sculpting synth would look like. This is it! WOW!

• on iPhone SE the app does not show the keyboard in standalone

• @Zaubrer said:
    on iPhone SE the app does not show the keyboard in standalone

Hit the button at the top-right to switch to it.

• @FPC said:
    @brambos

I’m just getting a blue screen of death, the correct shade for the app. It’s says “for midi and mpe connectivity...” in a black banner across the top but that’s it.

It’s doesn’t show up as a AU in Cubasis and AUM either. I’ve tried reinstalling a couple of times. Am I missing something obvs?

iPad 2018 os 13.3

I had that too - restart of iPad did the trick.

• @brambos said:

@FPC said:
    @brambos

Could you please try a restart instead of reinstalling? I looks like iOS doesn't notice a new AUv3 has been installed yet. Usually a restart forces iOS to rescan all installed extensions in that case.

Ahhh great, that worked. Thank you

• @brambos said:
    There's a link in the first post. That one should work regardless where you are.

Thanks, Bram, that did work. The weird thing is it still doesn’t show when I search for it directly.

• @brambos
    Gorgeous inside and out
    Another best-release-ever in your series of best-releases-ever.

• Here’s a little video I did, mostly just noodling from the init stage and going from there. I also used Kosmonaut and Perforator in the fx slots

• Bought it - love it. Should breathe new life into my roli devices too.

• Thanks for getting this out early @brambos ! Will support when I get home tonight and start exploring immediately

• Show note values some where when tuning or is that super stupid ?

• @Hansson said:
    Show note values some where when tuning or is that super stupid ?

They are shown in the LCD display

• Well this seems to be an instabuy.

• They are 🤗
    I was just trying it standalone on iphone
    Sorry

• It’s quite nutty, this one, but in a good way.

Had a quick go with it through Discord, accompanied by Pure Acid (no issues loading, didn’t need to reboot), and it sounded like Hendrix - tipsy on a few glasses of Vin de Tesco, jamming with Altern8.

That could be an item, I can feel an album coming on.

• Loving it!!!

• @MonzoPro said:
    It’s quite nutty, this one, but in a good way.

Had a quick go with it through Discord, accompanied by Pure Acid (no issues loading, didn’t need to reboot), and it sounded like Hendrix - tipsy on a few glasses of Vin de Tesco, jamming with Altern8.

Definitely was getting a Hendrix vibe off some of the sounds, very divebomb like. It reminded me a lot of Echoes from Floyd as well

• edited January 2020

The good:

It's really cool the way you can just hold one damn note on an MPE controller app like KB-1 and let it evolve. Also this begs for FX apps, putting Electrogene after it is really really cool. Add some delay and reverb, and noodle away.

The less good:

I do wish there was a little more variety in the sound engine - a lot of the presets sound very similar to each other. I'll have a dig around creating my own, but so far it does seem to be a bit of a one-trick pony, even if the trick is very nice. I was hoping for a greater variety of textures, but at least Electrogene and also the Spectrum Granular FX are helping me out here.

• Will there be patch sharing? Thinking as regards Mister Yot's comments...more importantly (perhaps) we now have our collaborative album title sorted:

mixtapes for suicide breakfast

• the concept of mononoke is as unique as synplant by soniccharge.
    maybe a little bit more so even.
    the hold buttons very handy.

at the beginning i was a bit confused with it having 8 pads but 6 feedback knobs and 2x3 voice knobs, i thought they should corrolate.
    but the manual at ruismaker.com is very well written while kept short.

i could not think of something to improve the app, except for maybe an extended pitchbend range. maybe to +-2 or even more. what would be dope if the pitchbend range could be set up per pad. that would probably overkill, but a fun overkill though.

anyway, congrats on this gem.
    the last time i had this much fun with droning was with a knas polygamist.

• Can you get dense textures out of this? I’m wanting something close to Aparillo style stuff except way easier to program and with that, a bit less chaotic, so like dense and varied but not TOO much, still musical

• a unique way for adjusting the pitchbend range without adding any additional controls or settings would be pitchbending until the neighbouring pad is reached.

• @db909 said:
    Can you get dense textures out of this? I’m wanting something close to Aparillo style stuff except way easier to program and with that, a bit less chaotic, so like dense and varied but not TOO much, still musical

Well the beauty of AU is stacking them up. You can get as dense a sound as you please.

• Well, it seems that Mononoke is already best friends with Perforator around here.

• @MonzoPro said:
    It’s quite nutty, this one, but in a good way.

well it’s about time..
    it’s been at least 48 hours since the last wormians

• Did a video of the app with a bunch of Audio Damage effects, Bark Filter, Stereo Width Control, and RE-1 Tape Delay.

• @richardyot said:
    The good:

It's really cool the way you can just hold one damn note on an MPE controller app like KB-1 and let it evolve. Also this begs for FX apps, putting Electrogene after it is really really cool. Add some delay and reverb, and noodle away.

The less good:

I do wish there was a little more variety in the sound engine - a lot of the presets sound very similar to each other. I'll have a dig around creating my own, but so far it does seem to be a bit of a one-trick pony, even if the trick is very nice. I was hoping for a greater variety of textures, but at least Electrogene and also the Spectrum Granular FX are helping me out here.

Agreed. I am struggling getting much modulation going on, or rather what modulation there is seems very samey. I was expecting more from it and at the moment I feel I can get way more interesting atmospheres with a couple of choice samples in Spacecraft. Am I doing something wrong ? Does MPE really open it up ?