Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any Beatboxers?

Any other beatboxers on here? Do you incorporate your beatboxing into your workflow? I’m hoping to figure out how to do this here soon.

Comments

• I beatbox time to time... not considering myself a beatboxer due it will limit what am I.

I used with all the wonderful looping apps that our ecosystem have and also with some synth like impaktor o vocoders.

• Beatboxing is a huge part of my work. Quantiloop and Group The Loop are the homies!

• How much of your workflow is established now?

Do you start with a drum track for example?

What apps are you using currently?

(NOTE: I'm not a Beatboxer... more of a "Tighty Whitey Jazzer". Briefs not boxers.)

But Beat Boxing to me is just making an audio track and that's really app dependent.

Nanostudio 2 and BeatMaker 3 are great tools for building jams but they are hard for audio.
    o, multiple apps might be required to build a great workflow.

The Groove Box style apps are great for building the base track. GR-16, Korg Gadget, etc.
    But audio audio is either difficult or tricky.

So I'd start with deciding 1-3 apps you will get good at.

Do, you have a good mic? Not sure what the best mic's are for BeatBoxing. Is there a classic
    Mic to convert those impulses to realistic drum machine sounds?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I beatbox time to time... not considering myself a beatboxer due it will limit what am I.

I used with all the wonderful looping apps that our ecosystem have and also with some synth like impaktor o vocoders.

I hadn’t thought of Impaktor. Also not familiar with vocoders. Have you used these in song/beat creation?

@Gaia.Tree said:
    Beatboxing is a huge part of my work. Quantiloop and Group The Loop are the homies!

Thanks! I’ll have to check these out.

@McD said:
    How much of your workflow is established now?

Do you start with a drum track for example?

What apps are you using currently?

(NOTE: I'm not a Beatboxer... more of a "Tighty Whitey Jazzer". Briefs not boxers.)

But Beat Boxing to me is just making an audio track and that's really app dependent.

Nanostudio 2 and BeatMaker 3 are great tools for building jams but they are hard for audio.
    o, multiple apps might be required to build a great workflow.

The Groove Box style apps are great for building the base track. GR-16, Korg Gadget, etc.
    But audio audio is either difficult or tricky.

So I'd start with deciding 1-3 apps you will get good at.

Do, you have a good mic? Not sure what the best mic's are for BeatBoxing. Is there a classic
    Mic to convert those impulses to realistic drum machine sounds?

For beatmaking, I don’t really have a workflow established yet. I’m hoping to incorporate my beatboxing toward the beginning as that’s where my strongest ideas tend to stem from.

I’m not sure how I feel about using actual audio of me beatboxing in a track, not sure how professional it could sound. Like I’m pretty sure people would know I’m beatboxing in the track whereas I’d prefer to use the beatboxing to develop into an actual drum track.

Haven’t tried out GR-16. I do dig Gadget. Also been playing with Pure Acid butvusing less of an acidy bass sound.

Don’t have a mic, no.

• McDMcD
    edited January 2020

Check out this thread for some ideas about using BeatBoxing to generate MIDI events:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32380/drumming-with-fac-envolver-as-midi-trigger-no-scripting-for-rc275-geoshred-sunrizer#latest

NOTE: most of the audio examples made have been deleted. to avoid paying
    money for SoundCloud storage. But there's one example that still plays.

I was trying to find a way to tap on a drum pad and convert the tapping to MIDI events. It's really complicated but it worked.

I was also told that the Impaktor developer was putting that capability into his new Drambo app. And that is NOT a joke. Drambo will run as an AUv3 tool as well as a standalone.

So you will be able to record in AUM using the iPad/iphone mic and make drum tracks without the complexity of my hacked solution using StreamByter, FAC Envolver and a drum capable AUv3 synth or drum machine.

At some point you'll need to settle on an audio capable app... a DAW or Grrovebox that loads and plays time-sync'ed audio slices/stems/loops.

But Impaktor is where you should start... Beatbox into it and you'll see the power of using an audio interface to create beats on IOS.

After you get that down... we can consider where to put the beats. If Drambo ships we could start there. Don't wait. It's too painful.

• @McD said:
    Check out this thread for some ideas about using BeatBoxing to generate MIDI events:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/32380/drumming-with-fac-envolver-as-midi-trigger-no-scripting-for-rc275-geoshred-sunrizer#latest

NOTE: most of the audio examples made have been deleted. to avoid paying
    money for SoundCloud storage. But there's one example that still plays.

I was trying to find a way to tap on a drum pad and convert the tapping to MIDI events. It's really complicated but it worked.

I was also told that the Impaktor developer was putting that capability into his new Drambo app. And that is NOT a joke. Drambo will run as an AUv3 tool as well as a standalone.

So you will be able to record in AUM using the iPad/iphone mic and make drum tracks without the complexity of my hacked solution using StreamByter, FAC Envolver and a drum capable AUv3 synth or drum machine.

At some point you'll need to settle on an audio capable app... a DAW or Grrovebox that loads and plays time-sync'ed audio slices/stems/loops.

But Impaktor is where you should start... Beatbox into it and you'll see the power of using an audio interface to create beats on IOS.

After you get that down... we can consider where to put the beats. If Drambo ships we could start there. Don't wait. It's too painful.

Really? Giving me a valid use-case for Drambo? I thought you were being helpful ;)

I’ll have to try Impaktor. Had already considered it.

As for a DAW, I have BM3 and Cubase 3 (and GB of course). Sadly with the bugs in CB3, I’m thinking I may need to playa round with BM3 a bit. From my understanding, I can put the audio on a pad and use that?

• Check out Objeq (AUv3) for many layers of beatboxing turned into percussion :)

• @Treaszure said:
    Check out Objeq (AUv3) for many layers of beatboxing turned into percussion :)

Interesting, I’ll have to check that out. Thank you.

• Well I work different nowadays than years ago. ATM my drums are garageband drummers or blocs samples. Time to time I miss some form of hardware groovebox but the use garageband drummers and I wake up myself again :trollface:
    About vocoders just make what someone advice before and try. There is even apps like spectraleye to input midi from voice for synths... impaktor/samvada also will give you nice drones...

GTL for structured sound building. Also Blocs... then start researching into apps like tonality/chords/pensaro to improve harmony knowledge and voice movement for emotional content creation.

Buy a mic, an class compliant audio interface, a cck3 and a midi pedal. Your workflow will grow in fun probably...