Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Kymatica as a complete recording system

I’ve been having some issues with Auria that are driving me crazy. I do have Aum and Audioshare, and the effects bundle is only $20 canuck, plus I have a few others I’ve picked up. I’ve gone to a pretty basic recording setup, acoustic guitar with 2 mics, vocals, maybe some percussion. I have an idea as to how to record with Aum and AudioShare, but I can’t see that there is any way to autopunch in for sectional overdubs. I assume I output back to Audioshare for mixdowns? Is there any place that has info on how to do some recording mixing with these tools, and is there a way to do overdubs?

Comments

  • You might want to take a look at MultiTrack Recorder by 4pockets. 8 track AUv3 with punch in and out.....

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

  • @zeropoint said:
    You might want to take a look at MultiTrack Recorder by 4pockets. 8 track AUv3 with punch in and out.....

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

    It’s been a thought. The comments on it were always that it was rock solid. Does it have buses and subgroups?

  • @zeropoint said:
    You might want to take a look at MultiTrack Recorder by 4pockets. 8 track AUv3 with punch in and out.....

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

    Ooh. That wasn’t what I thought it was. That looks interesting.

  • edited January 17

    Personally I came to the conclusion that until developers adopt a standard to keep all apps in sync I will use iOS to
    Create ideas/loops/beds/stems etc to be used on a desktop daw.

    Saying that I can create unique ideas on my iPad quicker than my desktop starts up and loads stuff.

    Love AUM but even with sequencing plugins trying to complete full arrangements (for my style) is just too fiddly.

  • @rickwaugh said:

    @zeropoint said:
    You might want to take a look at MultiTrack Recorder by 4pockets. 8 track AUv3 with punch in and out.....

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

    It’s been a thought. The comments on it were always that it was rock solid. Does it have buses and subgroups?

    It's not rock solid - there are a number of bugs that haven't been fixed.

  • edited January 17

    @topaz said:
    Personally I came to the conclusion that until developers adopt a standard to keep all apps in sync I will use iOS to
    Create ideas/loops/beds/stems etc to be used on a desktop daw.

    Saying that I can create unique ideas on my iPad quicker than my desktop and starts up.

    Love AUM but even with sequencing plugins trying to complete full arrangements (for my style) is just too fiddly.

    That's exactly my experience too and I prefer to keep music making a fun experience.

    @rickwaugh Have you tried Cubasis 2?

  • @zeropoint said:
    You might want to take a look at MultiTrack Recorder by 4pockets. 8 track AUv3 with punch in and out.....

    https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/multitrack-recorder-plugin/id1483833410

    Can you cut, copy and erase etc on all selected tracks at the same time- or is it one track at a time only for editing?

  • @rickwaugh said:
    I have an idea as to how to record with Aum and AudioShare, but I can’t see that there is any way to autopunch in for sectional overdubs. .... Is there any place that has info on how to do some recording mixing with these tools, and is there a way to do overdubs?

    Overdubbing might work if the file players would obey to song positioning by midi data (in the way of the Alesis Adat protocol).
    The Alesis BRC manual gives a fairly compact overview of the functionality.
    It's not totally out of reach because the beat counter already does run continually.

    For recording with overdub sections good old Multitrack DAW is still my favourite - it does the manual loop selection with punch markers and pre/post roll just perfectly.
    You can include some fx, but no busses.

    Atm I record AUM channels/busses and arrange them in Ferrite because it has the best touch response (according to my personal senses) and does a fairly convenient automation (volume, pan and AU parameters).
    The party is a bit spoilt by the either no or all parameter track display, which may fill screen estate up to unusabilty. No complaints, though as such use is beyond the original scope of the app.

  • AUM has its own mini file system which mixes down if you record a master bus. With AudioShare, all of those files recorded in AUM will be there. You can further trim and edit audio in AudioShare, which would help if you are recording one track at a time and then cleaning up before mixing. AUM is great for mixing. I think you can find the manual online if you don’t own it. Sounds like you don’t need much if any MIDI - so the “apps in sync” thing may be irrelevant. The only thing missing is your punch in/ punch out. There isn’t a quick way to do this because there isn’t a “timeline” per se. You can certainly set a time to record by moving all previous recorded tracks to the right time position. But you may have better luck with the 4pockets Multitrack Recorder.

  • @rs2000 said:

    @topaz said:
    Personally I came to the conclusion that until developers adopt a standard to keep all apps in sync I will use iOS to
    Create ideas/loops/beds/stems etc to be used on a desktop daw.

    Saying that I can create unique ideas on my iPad quicker than my desktop and starts up.

    Love AUM but even with sequencing plugins trying to complete full arrangements (for my style) is just too fiddly.

    That's exactly my experience too and I prefer to keep music making a fun experience.

    @rickwaugh Have you tried Cubasis 2?

    No, I haven’t. I’m not terribly interested, because of the cost, and over the years I’ve seen so many complaints about bugs with it as well. I may just go with Multitrack DAW for tracking and if it’s insufficient for mastering, export to Auria, as I have all the Fabfilter plugins there. Or I might try it in AUM.

  • @rickwaugh said:
    I’ve been having some issues with Auria that are driving me crazy. I do have Aum and Audioshare, and the effects bundle is only $20 canuck, plus I have a few others I’ve picked up. I’ve gone to a pretty basic recording setup, acoustic guitar with 2 mics, vocals, maybe some percussion. I have an idea as to how to record with Aum and AudioShare, but I can’t see that there is any way to autopunch in for sectional overdubs. I assume I output back to Audioshare for mixdowns? Is there any place that has info on how to do some recording mixing with these tools, and is there a way to do overdubs?

    Maybe we can help you figure out how to help you get what you need out of AP?

    All the iOS DAWs have stuff, you will need to work around.

    MT Daw is super quick and efficient for recording and rough edits, but there is no automation. It is a great virtual multitrack tape deck.

  • Deleted..post .meant for other thread

  • @rickwaugh said:

    @rs2000 said:

    @topaz said:
    Personally I came to the conclusion that until developers adopt a standard to keep all apps in sync I will use iOS to
    Create ideas/loops/beds/stems etc to be used on a desktop daw.

    Saying that I can create unique ideas on my iPad quicker than my desktop and starts up.

    Love AUM but even with sequencing plugins trying to complete full arrangements (for my style) is just too fiddly.

    That's exactly my experience too and I prefer to keep music making a fun experience.

    @rickwaugh Have you tried Cubasis 2?

    No, I haven’t. I’m not terribly interested, because of the cost, and over the years I’ve seen so many complaints about bugs with it as well. I may just go with Multitrack DAW for tracking and if it’s insufficient for mastering, export to Auria, as I have all the Fabfilter plugins there. Or I might try it in AUM.

    The most severe bugs are in Cubasis 3, Cubasis 2 works quite well especially for audio recording, effects, punch in/out and overdub. Also it's half the price compared to C3 and it runs on older iPads too, I have a version running on an iPad 2 docked to an Alesis io/Dock, this is how I record audio and MIDI simultaneously.
    C2 has sync issues when you use MIDI hardware but it doesn't sound like you need that.

  • It's funny now that I think back on where I was a few years ago (making iOS music 100% in the box) compared to today, making live YouTube videos using a ton of hardware and iOS as the mixer/effects, it's because of all the bugs and quirks in the different iOS apps that has lead me from one workflow to the next. AUM is rock-solid as a mixer and hosting multi-effects, but I have yet to find a workflow for multitrack recording that doesn't have me pulling my hair out during the process.. I wanted the AUM + 4Pockets MultiTrack Audio Recorder workflow to work, but the latter has too many sync issues for it to be usable in my setup. I better end it here before I make this post a iOS apps rant.

  • @chisel316 said:
    It's funny now that I think back on where I was a few years ago (making iOS music 100% in the box) compared to today, making live YouTube videos using a ton of hardware and iOS as the mixer/effects, it's because of all the bugs and quirks in the different iOS apps that has lead me from one workflow to the next. AUM is rock-solid as a mixer and hosting multi-effects, but I have yet to find a workflow for multitrack recording that doesn't have me pulling my hair out during the process.. I wanted the AUM + 4Pockets MultiTrack Audio Recorder workflow to work, but the latter has too many sync issues for it to be usable in my setup. I better end it here before I make this post a iOS apps rant.

    The 4Pockets app is so close, I just wish they’d fix the bugs and tweak the UI.

    So close.

Sign In or Register to comment.