Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

YAGSD (yet another GainStage Demo)

edited January 2020 in Creations

I am really enjoying the GainStage demo. It is allowing me to get some nice tones that have eluded me with other iOS guitar apps.

(Excuse the rust...)

Gear: Ibanez Artist into iPad via iRig HD2 -> Brusfri -> Magic Death Eye -> Gain Stage -> Rooms AU (for Fender cabinet IR) -> VirSyn AudioReverb

Going for a little bit of a Wayne Krantz tone

LUMBeat Jazz Drummer keeping time

@Blue_Mangoo

Comments

• edited January 2020

Sounds really good!

• @flo26 @Charlesalbert : tx for listening. I really must get back to playing guitar. Gain Stage will be a big help in doing that.

• Good recorded tone. I like your "rig" AUv3 choices. "Gain Stage" is a big improvement over
    ReAmp which is still an excellent Saturator FX choice as is the embedded AUM Saturator.
    To use those I just followed @Blue_Mangoo's advice for EQ setting in their Parametric EQ app. I also tried using the EQ options in AUM as well and got some good result but nothing as pristine as what Gain Stage is serving up.

I like your approach to improvisation. No "licks". It feels like your creating from fresh ideas.
    It would be interesting to hear you collaborate with @linearlineman on a shared project.
    I just sent him an audio file to improvise over. My contribution is more of a backing track.
    You would meet him on his level of spontaneous creations. He created a few studio albums with singers mostly in the early 2000's. And they had this type of free form composed in realtime feeling.

I agree that Gain Stage will really improve my practice time by serving up a sound I love
    living inside.

I might make an audio demo and go for a massive reverb drenched piece with a volume pedal for swells. I might also see hw many FX I can add in AUM before something falls over and document the result.

Good TV day however. Historic events. But I can play with my Velcro'ed Home Studio.
    I might also do some A/B comparisons with my Joyo Pedals (Fender and Vox models).
    Hopefully Gain Stage doesn't loose it's luster against those excellent but relative expensive
    options ($40 each).