Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Any recommendations for an app/MIDI CC changer where I can expand my CC controls?

I have an Akai MPK mini MIDI keyboard, and while it's usable, I'm looking for ideas in how to expand my MIDI CC options. I was able to set 32 different CCs on the keyboard itself, but I was wondering if there's an iOS app that can accept pressing a MIDI key to change the CC number recognized by the phone.

E.g: Turning knob 1 is CC1.

Pressing and holding my drumpads and turning the same knob will change the CC to CC9.

Would Mosaic work for this? @McD

Comments

• MIDI Designer Pro has a feature called "Pedalboards" which is designed to provide this exact feature (and yes, works with knobs and CC on a MIDI keyboard, not just footswitches).

Essentially, each "page" of controls in MIDI Designer can have it's own set of CC messages going out, but all controlled by the same set of CC messages from your hardware

Here's an old demo from the developer

• @Samflash3 said:
    I have an Akai MPK mini MIDI keyboard, and while it's usable, I'm looking for ideas in how to expand my MIDI CC options. I was able to set 32 different CCs on the keyboard itself, but I was wondering if there's an iOS app that can accept pressing a MIDI key to change the CC number recognized by the phone.

E.g: Turning knob 1 is CC1.

Pressing and holding my drumpads and turning the same knob will change the CC to CC9.

Would Mosaic work for this? @McD

My MPK mini arrived yesterday. I expect Mozaic will allow this type of "super charging" the
    UI options from the keyboard. I also hate the lack of knobs and buttons in the Mozaic GUI.
    I want massive amounts of both and Mozaic should make that possible. Press a PAD and it changes the context for all the other MIDI Controls like you suggest.

I think we can all learn some of this type of scripting. The trick is having working code
    to start from and then plug in your specific preferences for UI control to CC.

That's why I bought the MPK mini... to have some UI's to play with for this learning curve.

To get code fast ask on the Mozaic Script Request thread. All the Mozaic threads have different intents. Someday there will be more focus on the Wiki and we can organize the
    details there which makes more sense but there are only a small number of Mozaic Users
    and they are all different. It takes a lot of users to make any community function.

This is an AudioBus forum but no one discusses AudioBus here but many use it. I suspect it was intended to be a meeting place for Developers to share their knowledge. It become an IOS Music App Users "Reddit". Not a bad thing for AudioBus to be involved with. Anyone that doesn't own an AudioBus app should just understand the costs of this service and buy one to say thanks for a great meeting place. It's like using the coffee shop Wi-Fi and recommending the coffee shop across the street for better coffee. Un-cool. I digress.

• and I imagine there are other options on iOS that can do this, but MIDI Designer has a visual interface that I found to be easy to learn and get working. (no coding, no PC required)