Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

13468913

Comments

  • @alecsbuga said:
    Does anyone remember the Alesis IO Dock? I’m really tempted to make a 3d printed box, about the size of the MPC One, which would host an arduino or something. And put 16 pads, 8 knobs and a couple of momentary toggles. So it would have a big ass battery to power the ipad mini, and act like a MPC One.

    I have a similar idea, already have the arduino board and knobs. Looks like I’m gonna have to buy the 16 pad board from mpcstuff.com but they all have ribbon cables. FSRs are expensive and I hate arcade buttons. Oh well, looks like I either rip open my MPC fly and use that and add to it or MPC stuff.

  • can't wait to see you guys battery jobs

  • This is looking to become a perfect workflow for me:

  • @echoopera said:
    This is looking to become a perfect workflow for me:

    nice, you don't waste any time :)

  • edited February 13

    Onward and upward i always say. 🤪

    Here’s a little snippet using @Spidericemidas Patches in Continua:

    Will move this one along at lunch today 👊🏼™️

  • I've been loving this autosampler in conjunction with ios synths, by the way. Endless content to mine and load in standalone and reaaalllly easy to do it.

  • @legsmechanical said:
    I've been loving this autosampler in conjunction with ios synths, by the way. Endless content to mine and load in standalone and reaaalllly easy to do it.

    Yup. Looking forward to making this ONE the hub to my music making.

  • @legsmechanical said:
    I've been loving this autosampler in conjunction with ios synths, by the way. Endless content to mine and load in standalone and reaaalllly easy to do it.

    yeah so many great features it's like a Swiss army knife.

  • This is where the ONE took me this morning:

  • Okie dokie. Here’s my first full Song using the MPC ONE and the iPad. This is going to be a lot of fun i feel 😬

  • Had a good session today at lunch and captured it in the time i had. Loving this thing a ton so far:

  • @echoopera said:
    LaunchPad Pro MK3 packaged up and ready to return at Guitar Center. Taking the plunge 😬

    Schoolboy error, mpc and launchpad go together like dogs and bones

  • edited February 14

    @J_B said:

    @echoopera said:
    LaunchPad Pro MK3 packaged up and ready to return at Guitar Center. Taking the plunge 😬

    Schoolboy error, mpc and launchpad go together like dogs and bones

    Nah...$380 funded half the cost of the MPC :) Plus I have a regular LaunchPad to pair with it when needed.

  • J_BJ_B
    edited February 14

    @alecsbuga said:
    I’m thinking of a box that encloses the iPadmini, has a usb HUB that provides power to the ipad, and some IO (Stereo IN, Stereo OUT, 2-3 USBs) and 16 pads, 8 knobs...

    Get an mpd232 or mpd218 and a focusrite solo, build it into a case with your iPad and you practically have an overpowered MPC. I’m pretty sure they’re actually the same buttons and pads. Plus then you’ll have preamps and phantom power

    @echoopera sweet! I greatly enjoy using launchpad with mpc or maschine, magic combo. 380 is a lot for a launchpad

  • @J_B said:

    @alecsbuga said:
    I’m thinking of a box that encloses the iPadmini, has a usb HUB that provides power to the ipad, and some IO (Stereo IN, Stereo OUT, 2-3 USBs) and 16 pads, 8 knobs...

    Get an mpd232 or mpd218 and a focusrite solo, build it into a case with your iPad and you practically have an overpowered MPC. I’m pretty sure they’re actually the same buttons and pads. Plus then you’ll have preamps and phantom power

    I don't think they make the mpd232 anymore do they? I've only seen them used...

    @echoopera sweet! I greatly enjoy using launchpad with mpc or maschine, magic combo. 380 is a lot for a launchpad

    $349 is the cost of the new LaunchPad Pro MK3 :) I opted to return it for the 16 channel midi sequencer that is the MPC One :)

  • @echoopera said:

    @J_B said:

    @alecsbuga said:
    I’m thinking of a box that encloses the iPadmini, has a usb HUB that provides power to the ipad, and some IO (Stereo IN, Stereo OUT, 2-3 USBs) and 16 pads, 8 knobs...

    Get an mpd232 or mpd218 and a focusrite solo, build it into a case with your iPad and you practically have an overpowered MPC. I’m pretty sure they’re actually the same buttons and pads. Plus then you’ll have preamps and phantom power

    I don't think they make the mpd232 anymore do they? I've only seen them used...

    @echoopera sweet! I greatly enjoy using launchpad with mpc or maschine, magic combo. 380 is a lot for a launchpad

    $349 is the cost of the new LaunchPad Pro MK3 :) I opted to return it for the 16 channel midi sequencer that is the MPC One :)

    How easy is it say to run Midi AU and Midi filters into the Akai One for recording, and then take that midi and reroute it back to the iPad to play synths in hooked up in AUM?

    Part of my struggle is having to keep track of midi and audio in one interface. I was thinking having an external but complimentary device would help. Been recently looking at the Akai One in comparison to the 1010music BlackBox, or the Synthrom Deluge.

  • @echoopera said:

    @J_B said:

    @alecsbuga said:
    I’m thinking of a box that encloses the iPadmini, has a usb HUB that provides power to the ipad, and some IO (Stereo IN, Stereo OUT, 2-3 USBs) and 16 pads, 8 knobs...

    Get an mpd232 or mpd218 and a focusrite solo, build it into a case with your iPad and you practically have an overpowered MPC. I’m pretty sure they’re actually the same buttons and pads. Plus then you’ll have preamps and phantom power

    I don't think they make the mpd232 anymore do they? I've only seen them used...

    @echoopera sweet! I greatly enjoy using launchpad with mpc or maschine, magic combo. 380 is a lot for a launchpad

    $349 is the cost of the new LaunchPad Pro MK3 :) I opted to return it for the 16 channel midi sequencer that is the MPC One :)

    They come up on google and they’re all available in stock on amazon from what I can see. 226 might be better suited for this purpose actually.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AKAI-Professional-MPD232-Fully-Assignable-Production-Ready/dp/B0116X1BJI/ref=asc_df_B0116X1GFW/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310807566199&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5706657253664504676&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045483&hvtargid=pla-360335730406&th=1

    Good bet on the mpc one. I use the previous launchpad pro and I’ve got many other sequencers so never really felt the need to upgrade. It’s a nice bit of kit though. Interested in the one currently, we’ll see how it rolls out

  • edited February 15

    This ONE is just gelling with everything I’m pairing with it. Love it.

    And the outcome of this pairing:

  • edited February 15

    I’m really trying to convince myself to stick with the iPad since I have basically the same workflow as on the MPC and not order the One. But I really like the hands on and integrated audio inputs. I hate having dongles hanging out from my iPad.

    Here’s some BM3 messing around.

  • edited February 15

    @alecsbuga said:
    I’m really trying to convince myself to stick with the iPad since I have basically the same workflow as on the MPC and not order the One. But I really like the hands on and integrated audio inputs. I hate having dongles hanging out from my iPad.

    Here’s some BM3 messing around.

    Yeah. Totally understand. The gravitational pull of the MPC has been too much for me. Been looking at getting one since the Live was released. The form factor of the ONE won me over.

    I’ve used BM3 a lot with my gear and just being able to do everything on the ONE while having direct access to the synth feels more conducive to serendipity and playing for my brain.

    So far I’m very happy with the new piece of gear in the setup.

    Have to justify the investment somehow 🤪

  • @alecsbuga said:
    I’m really trying to convince myself to stick with the iPad since I have basically the same workflow as on the MPC and not order the One. But I really like the hands on and integrated audio inputs. I hate having dongles hanging out from my iPad.

    Here’s some BM3 messing around.

    Nicely done. I need devote more time to BM3.

  • edited February 15

    @echoopera I think you mentioned somewhere you had Push ...so Push2 vs Mpc One ? (despite the need of PC)
    BTW great videos ,thanks :)

  • @echoopera said:
    This ONE is just gelling with everything I’m pairing with it. Love it.

    And the outcome of this pairing:

    You also have an Octatrack, right? Do you think that the One will replace it in your workflow?

  • edited February 15

    @jipumarino said:

    @echoopera said:
    This ONE is just gelling with everything I’m pairing with it. Love it.

    And the outcome of this pairing:

    You also have an Octatrack, right? Do you think that the One will replace it in your workflow?

    Thanks for watching 🙏🏼💕
    Yeah. The MPC feels more natural for this iPad hardware setup. The OT will be used as a performance sampler when i use everything.

  • @echoopera said:

    @jipumarino said:

    @echoopera said:
    This ONE is just gelling with everything I’m pairing with it. Love it.

    And the outcome of this pairing:

    You also have an Octatrack, right? Do you think that the One will replace it in your workflow?

    Thanks for watching 🙏🏼💕
    Yeah. The MPC feels more natural for this iPad hardware setup. The OT will be used as a performance sampler when i use everything.

    Got it, and thanks to you, I find your stuff truly inspirational

  • @Korakios said:
    @echoopera I think you mentioned somewhere you had Push ...so Push2 vs Mpc One ? (despite the need of PC)
    BTW great videos ,thanks :)

    Yeah. I have a Push 2 which is fantastic with Ableton. The big plus for the ONE is that it’s stand alone so i can plug it to hardware and iPad soft synths without issue.

  • @echoopera said:

    @Korakios said:
    @echoopera I think you mentioned somewhere you had Push ...so Push2 vs Mpc One ? (despite the need of PC)
    BTW great videos ,thanks :)

    Yeah. I have a Push 2 which is fantastic with Ableton. The big plus for the ONE is that it’s stand alone so i can plug it to hardware and iPad soft synths without issue.

    I have a Push2 as well and it is the center of my PC workflow. I write everything with it. Will be curious how you compare working with just the ONE vs your Ableton/Push2 workflow.

  • edited February 16

    So far i am loving the stand alone nature of this MPC One. I find it smoother to use than the OctaTrack for sequencing and such.

    I haven’t been this quick and fluid with the OT when playing live...so i am really enjoying this:

  • edited February 16

    the mpc workflow is extremely far away from bm3, it's not about the pads it's really about the sequencer and how it works... nothing like bm3, nothing like Ableton, not like impc pro definitely not like Maschine, not like elektron

  • @kobamoto said:
    the mpc workflow is extremely far away from bm3, it's not about the pads it's really about the sequencer and how it works... nothing like bm3, nothing like Ableton, not like impc pro definitely not like Maschine, not like elektron

    It's very similar to BM3. I had the Live and MPC 1000 a while ago.

Sign In or Register to comment.