Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Just use your iOS device as a sound module with the mpc/force line.

The key group engine isn’t a very deep engine, but it does have a few tricks that other workstations don’t such as round robin/cycle kit or an essential random layer trigger mode....those couple of things are nice

But no bidirectional controller modulation yet

If you want to really make patches for the mpc/force...it could be a worthy investment to buy sample robot...it’s essentially THE last word in auto sampling. There is also chickensys translator as well, for translating patches from workstations and synths to each other etc.

If akai could load .ogg or .flac And not convert it to wave...that could change a hell of a lot for file size issues.

sample robot is compatible with the new mpcs?

• Looks cool. I can live without the battery. Way more dedicated buttons compared to the Live. My only wish would be more audio outs.

• edited January 2020

@kobamoto said:

@MrSmileZ said:

The key group engine isn’t a very deep engine, but it does have a few tricks that other workstations don’t such as round robin/cycle kit or an essential random layer trigger mode....those couple of things are nice

If you want to really make patches for the mpc/force...it could be a worthy investment to buy sample robot...it’s essentially THE last word in auto sampling. There is also chickensys translator as well, for translating patches from workstations and synths to each other etc.

If akai could load .ogg or .flac And not convert it to wave...that could change a hell of a lot for file size issues.

No, but mpc already has an auto sampler for creating instruments .
    The sampling engine is not very powerful. The end of the loop point determines the end of the sample . Also not many modulation options , no round robin or randomness etc
    (I have the software)

• @kobamoto said:

@MrSmileZ said:

Sample robot runs on Windows or OS X. But sample robot can output different formats.

@Korakios said:

@kobamoto said:

@MrSmileZ said:

No, but mpc already has an auto sampler for creating instruments .
    The sampling engine is not very powerful. The end of the loop point determines the end of the sample . Also not many modulation options , no round robin or randomness etc
    (I have the software)

Yes, MPC/Force has round robin/cycle on the 4 pad layers, this can also be random.

• @Apex said:
    Looks cool. I can live without the battery. Way more dedicated buttons compared to the Live. My only wish would be more audio outs.

I like the form factor of the one more than that of the Live, more dedicated buttons but on the live shift+ pads = great. Even though the one doesn't have the outputs of the Live it still has the same comprehensive audio and midi export options ... nice

• @MrSmileZ said:
    Yes, MPC/Force has round robin/cycle on the 4 pad layers, this can also be random.

That's great, I had no clue.

• edited January 2020

I had the Live and I’m sorry I sold it, but I love the new MPC One form factor and layout and smaller pads (useful for shredding licks on the Notes Mode).

It’s a bummer it doesn’t have a battery, but I’ve disassembled my Live (to paint it white) and the battery it’s just a simple connector on the logic board, so I’m really really hoping the logic board is exactly the same because I can easily buy a battery and wifi antenna from mpcstuff.com and make a portable MPC One ;)

I have mine on preorder. March can’t come sooner...

PS: As for the synth engines and sampler engine comments above, the synths are comparable to Korg Gadget in editing, but they sound very nice and are a welcome addition to the platform. You can always sample stuff into it and play chromatically. The sampler engine is dope and although the live time stretching doesn’t sound amazing, thats on the hardware. Remember you can use it as a controller too for the MPC Desktop app, which has the better live stretching algorithm ;) So when your project is ready dump it in there and export it. Easy peasy.

• @alecsbuga said:
    I had the Live and I’m sorry I sold it, but I love the new MPC One form factor and layout and smaller pads (useful for shredding licks on the Notes Mode).

It’s a bummer it doesn’t have a battery, but I’ve disassembled my Live (to paint it white) and the battery it’s just a simple connector on the logic board, so I’m really really hoping the logic board is exactly the same because I can easily buy a battery and wifi antenna from mpcstuff.com and make a portable MPC One ;)

I have mine on preorder. March can’t come sooner...

PS: As for the synth engines and sampler engine comments above, the synths are comparable to Korg Gadget in editing, but they sound very nice and are a welcome addition to the platform. You can always sample stuff into it and play chromatically. The sampler engine is dope and although the live time stretching doesn’t sound amazing, thats on the hardware. Remember you can use it as a controller too for the MPC Desktop app, which has the better live stretching algorithm ;) So when your project is ready dump it in there and export it. Easy peasy.

Let us know if it works. It should but don't think there's space and probably disabled from the firmware to run on battery without AC power.

• Interesting, that should drop prices of MKI. Then might get that.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • still hemming and hawwing about getting one of these. I need to get an SP404 again but might stretch the budget and get this... I have a decent battery pack already and can take this to the park etc etc

• @Gaia.Tree said:
    still hemming and hawwing about getting one of these. I need to get an SP404 again but might stretch the budget and get this... I have a decent battery pack already and can take this to the park etc etc

yep putting it on the list, why not :)

• sincerely hope they put the pads on the right side of the Q-Links

• @auxmux said:
    Interesting, that should drop prices of MKI. Then might get that.

some pretty good used prices out there now

• Note Amazon is saying they don't know if the Live will be available again ...........

Live MkII or Corona Virus factory disruption ? B)

• edited February 2020

The button layout and size is making this one unbelievably tempting. I keep looking at. And then looking at my Digitakt. I don't really care about the lack of battery—I own an iPad for my maybe-once-a-year outdoor sessions. :+1:

Looking through the manual, I can't answer a couple of questions I'm hoping one of you MPC heads can help me out with.

1. Is it possible to copy the mixer from one sequence to another? I know that you can copy sequences. I'm wondering about copying the mixer settings only from one sequence to another existing sequence. Use case, I've made a copy of a sequence to work on another song section. Later, I tweak the mix in sequence-1 and want to apply that update to sequence-2 (the way it would work on a traditional, linear sequencer).
    2. I see it's possible to set up MIDI programs. Is it possible to create and save named CCs for different MIDI programs? For instance, can I create a save a VolcaFM program with all of its relevant CCs named and mapped for easy recall later when recording automation? Like the Modstep template editor or the SquarP Pyramid's instrument definition files?
  • edited February 2020

@syrupcore said:
    The button layout and size is making this one unbelievably tempting. I keep looking at. And then looking at my Digitakt. I don't really care about the lack of battery—I own an iPad for my maybe-once-a-year outdoor sessions. :+1:

Looking through the manual, I can't answer a couple of questions I'm hoping one of you MPC heads can help me out with.

1. Is it possible to copy the mixer from one sequence to another? I know that you can copy sequences. I'm wondering about copying the mixer settings only from one sequence to another existing sequence. Use case, I've made a copy of a sequence to work on another song section. Later, I tweak the mix in sequence-1 and want to apply that update to sequence-2 (the way it would work on a traditional, linear sequencer).
    2. I see it's possible to set up MIDI programs. Is it possible to create and save named CCs for different MIDI programs? For instance, can I create a save a VolcaFM program with all of its relevant CCs named and mapped for easy recall later when recording automation? Like the Modstep template editor or the SquarP Pyramid's instrument definition files?

not in front of the mpc until tomorrow night, but I believe it's no to1 and yes to 2.

zoom in at the 7:03 mark on the screen

• Thanks, @kobamoto. That MIDI mapping definitely looks cool but I'm looking for MIDI out mapping. Did a little more searching and it looks like the answer is "not currently". http://97.107.134.128/feedback/create/feature/Main Mode/Mac OS 10.11.0.0/Standalone/none it is.

• @kobamoto Just curious, how many external synths can you sequence at once using the MPC Live in Midi Out mode? Just curious how well it would work with AUM to sequence 8+ instances of synths in AUM and be used as the Clock Master and Live playing sequencer.

I use my Octatrack to sequence 8 synths, but am very curious of the MPC One if it offers more...

I don't see many videos on YouTube showing off the Midi Sequencer in Live being used this way with external kit.

Thanks.

• @echoopera said:
    @kobamoto Just curious, how many external synths can you sequence at once using the MPC Live in Midi Out mode? Just curious how well it would work with AUM to sequence 8+ instances of synths in AUM and be used as the Clock Master and Live playing sequencer.

I use my Octatrack to sequence 8 synths, but am very curious of the MPC One if it offers more...

I don't see many videos on YouTube showing off the Midi Sequencer in Live being used this way with external kit.

Thanks.

16 (one assignable midi out x 16 channels). On top of that you can have 8 internal synth tracks and practically unlimited sample based tracks.

I just got this thing and am shocked to say that I love it in spite of the heavily documented shortcomings of the mpc firmware.

• edited February 2020

@legsmechanical said:

@echoopera said:
    @kobamoto Just curious, how many external synths can you sequence at once using the MPC Live in Midi Out mode? Just curious how well it would work with AUM to sequence 8+ instances of synths in AUM and be used as the Clock Master and Live playing sequencer.

Thanks.

16 (one assignable midi out x 16 channels). On top of that you can have 8 internal synth tracks and practically unlimited sample based tracks.

I just got this thing and am shocked to say that I love it in spite of the heavily documented shortcomings of the mpc firmware.

Coolio. Just saw the ONE at Guitar Center and it is mighty mighty tempting. I recently bought a LaunchPad Pro MK3 @ GS, and am thinking of returning it to fund the ONE. What do you think? Worth the plunge?

• @echoopera
    Totally. I was really skeptical about the new mpcs for a long time and it surpassed my expectations by a mile.

• Let me know if you ever record a video of the MPC One controlling a bunch of synths in AUM...would love to see that.

I do this currently with the OT as I said...and also ModStep and BeatMaker3...but want a solid Hardware Controller to do this and the ONE looks like a perfect candidate.

• A question for One and Live owners: how’s the button-build on these newer units? My last MPC was a 2500 and both the buttons and the data wheel didn’t last long at all.

(In contrast my OG 2000 is to this day rock solid aside from the screen washing out a bit.)