Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• @Samu said:

@echoopera said:
    So far so good. The iPad doesn’t show up when plugged in to the ONE but all my other USB gear shows up fine on the MPC One.

So to get this all working with the iPad, i am using my Mio Midi to USB direct to the iPad to bring it all together.

Maybe Akai could add some class compliance thingy and that way you could use the MPC One as an Audio & Midi interface hub for the iPad with just a USB->Lightning or USB-C->USB-B cable and the MPC One could then also charge the iPad while connected ;)

Long live the dreamers!

That is a handsome setup, @echoopera.

• @echoopera said:

@auxmux said:
    @echoopera What stands are you using for both?

Using the Park Slope from twelve south for the MPC:
    https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-ParcSlope-Laptops-Tablets/dp/B00SCX76XG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And using an Arkon Tablet Stand for the iPad:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PW1OFEE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haha. Are you just showing off? Both of those come up as unavailable for me which means 3 out 5 things in your setup are hard to come by at the moment (including the One).

• edited May 2020

@DatGood said:
    Why TF you have the pads on the left and controls and screen on the right? Anyone else finds that horrible?

Considering the percentage of lefties in the word is about 10, I'm gonna say 90% of users find it horrible.

What about having your headphone jack in the back. What kinda goofy shit is that?

This one. I mean, used to be all gear had the port on the back. Fine. But once a few makers started putting them on the front, it must have become obvious to all that this was a much better idea. I mean, if you're some small indie producer and the cost of splitting it out of the main audio board and moving it to the front is a problem, I understand. If you're Akia or Elektron though? C'mon.

• @kobamoto said:
    is this thing smaller than the MPC Live original?

That intro shot made me notice something about the Live vs One I hadn't actually noticed before: Live has screen printed buttons where the light comes thought where as the One has plain buttons with the case printed. Not a huge deal for me but I could see the Live being easier to operate on a dark stage. Certainly another factor in the price differential: cheaper to print on a case than it is to make all of those custom button faces. And, i'd imagine, easier on the manufacture/assembly side. On the one, the tooling can just reach into a single stock of buttons for each but for the live they've got to have separate build/source steps for each one.

• @syrupcore said:

@echoopera said:

@auxmux said:
    @echoopera What stands are you using for both?

Using the Park Slope from twelve south for the MPC:
    https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-ParcSlope-Laptops-Tablets/dp/B00SCX76XG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And using an Arkon Tablet Stand for the iPad:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PW1OFEE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Haha. Are you just showing off? Both of those come up as unavailable for me which means 3 out 5 things in your setup are hard to come by at the moment (including the One).

Doh...hadn't noticed that. Sorry. Maybe there are similar stands in the recommended. I bought them a couple years ago...

• @syrupcore said:

@kobamoto said:
    is this thing smaller than the MPC Live original?

That intro shot made me notice something about the Live vs One I hadn't actually noticed before: Live has screen printed buttons where the light comes thought where as the One has plain buttons with the case printed. Not a huge deal for me but I could see the Live being easier to operate on a dark stage. Certainly another factor in the price differential: cheaper to print on a case than it is to make all of those custom button faces. And, i'd imagine, easier on the manufacture/assembly side. On the one, the tooling can just reach into a single stock of buttons for each but for the live they've got to have separate build/source steps for each one.

nice catch

• ^While I might want some of Behringer's synth remakes, that monstrosity is like a hell no.

• Setup is coming together only to be remade tomorrow i am sure 🤪 gotta manage that snake den of cables 🤯

• edited May 2020

couldn't resist, great price and even better selle
    can't wait to get my hands on those dedicated buttons lol

• @echoopera said:
    So far so good. The iPad doesn’t show up when plugged in to the ONE but all my other USB gear shows up fine on the MPC One.

So to get this all working with the iPad, i am using my Mio Midi to USB direct to the iPad to bring it all together.

>

I was kind of bummed that the iPad didn’t show up when directly connected to the midi port via the CCKit too. I’m using an iconnectmidi2+ to make the pairing work. But, everything else I’ve plugged into it has been recognized and works just fine.

• @thatguysmitty said:

@echoopera said:

>

I was kind of bummed that the iPad didn’t show up when directly connected to the midi port via the CCKit too. I’m using an iconnectmidi2+ to make the pairing work. But, everything else I’ve plugged into it has been recognized and works just fine.

Yeah. But it’s a great update nonetheless.

• @echoopera said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@echoopera said:

>

Yeah. But it’s a great update nonetheless.

No doubt about that! I’m absolutely loving it...that’s really my only “complaint”

• Really enjoying the 2.8 update. Had a quick go today at lunch getting everything together with the MPC One sequencing everything. Thanks as always for watching 🙏🏼💕

• @echoopera said:
    Really enjoying the 2.8 update. Had a quick go today at lunch getting everything together with the MPC One sequencing everything. Thanks as always for watching 🙏🏼💕

Very nice man...as usual!

• edited May 2020

kinda looks like the MPC One is the sweetspot

• Had one of those days where i had to take everything down and put it all back together. Loving this new setup. MPC One be the brains in this configuration:

• quick reminder of what you can do with your iPad apps

• I did consider the mpc for an ios integration...but pretty much everything what mpc can do, i have it on ipad. I will purchase though, the Soundcraft Multitrack mixer for bouncing individual tracks in/out.

Is Aum responsible for all that job or it depends on the ios daw too?

Zenbeats? Bm3?

• @alecsbuga did you hear back from the guys at mpcstuff? Looking at maybe getting a One and would like to know if it's possible.

• Nope. Sorry.
    I’m thinking of getting an external battery after all

• edited May 2020

@alecsbuga said:
    Nope. Sorry.

my one just arrived, if you come across a battery that is small and runs as long as like the one that guy hitbraniac is using please let us know, I'm so tempted to just grab that one but don't want to mess up the machine, although his is still kicking and working just fine

yeah using the MPC One is def not like using an iPad app., but they make wonderful companions.

• edited May 2020

@kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:
    Nope. Sorry.

my one just arrived, if you come across a battery that is small and runs as long as like the one that guy hitbraniac is using please let us know, I'm so tempted to just grab that one but don't want to mess up the machine, although his is still kicking and working just fine

yeah using the MPC One is def not like using an iPad app., but they make wonderful companions.

Awesome. Glad yours finally came in. Enjoy that little nugget of joy. 😬

• :) Akai owes you one cause even though I have other mpcs I hadn't decided for sure until you had yours

• Does mpc one support bluetooth dongle via usb port?

• Haven’t tried. I have one of those dongles, but God knows where.. I don’t think it supports it though.

• Having a good time tonight:

• edited June 2020

@echoopera it's your fault I ordered it today :p
    Hopefully a 2.8.1 bugfix will come before I get it in my hands. Super excited , it's been a long time since I had hardware (sp606 my favorite) !

• Hey @echoopera I've always meant to ask this. Can the audio inputs be independently routed (like in a regular audio interface)
    For example, can I route one synth (mono) into input A and another synth (mono) into input B and set them up as 2 separate tracks on the MPC?

• Happy Fathers Day everyone. Hope everyone had a blessed Day: