Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• edited May 2020

and now this

workflow is king

• WAIT... WTF!!???

• That fucker is huuuuge but if that ain’t the sickest built in speaker I’ve ever seen

• I dunno. People working Akai are on hard crack. They are definitely having fishscale-bath-parties up in there.
    I mean, we saw the mockup leaks months ago and I prayed that they were wrong. I just think that the LIVE is the worst designed shit ever. That form factor which started at the TOUCH needs to die. Why TF you have the pads on the left and controls and screen on the right? Anyone else finds that horrible? What about having your headphone jack in the back. What kinda goofy shit is that? And, this is prob just me, but can we have the ability to monitor 2 inputs simultaneously? I want to run Midi out to 2 boxes and run the audio back in to the AKAI.
    But the real question is...

WHO TF ASKED FOR A WHOLE LONG ASS SPEAKER???

The live 2 brings NOTHING other than a few new buttons and a goofy-ass speaker.
    They could have simply put a wireless transceiver and bigger HD in the MF MPC One and you would have a GREAT device. But no, they do this shit. Hilarious.

• @DatGood said:
    I dunno. People working Akai are on hard crack. They are definitely having fishscale-bath-parties up in there.
    I mean, we saw the mockup leaks months ago and I prayed that they were wrong. I just think that the LIVE is the worst designed shit ever. That form factor which started at the TOUCH needs to die. Why TF you have the pads on the left and controls and screen on the right? Anyone else finds that horrible? What about having your headphone jack in the back. What kinda goofy shit is that? And, this is prob just me, but can we have the ability to monitor 2 inputs simultaneously? I want to run Midi out to 2 boxes and run the audio back in to the AKAI.
    But the real question is...

WHO TF ASKED FOR A WHOLE LONG ASS SPEAKER???

The live 2 brings NOTHING other than a few new buttons and a goofy-ass speaker.
    They could have simply put a wireless transceiver and bigger HD in the MF MPC One and you would have a GREAT device. But no, they do this shit. Hilarious.

this was like watching when Luke discovered Darth Vader was his father...........there was some kind of conspiracy going on when they designed the live from the very beginning, there was no logical reason for it and somebody , that one dude in the office that steals everybody else's food from the fridge has been quite proud of himself ever since..
    The designs that they were choosing from were available to the public from before the beginning and they knew they were picking the least favorite but..... that guy, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Erick Trump but I digress... 3 years and one 2 versions later and that guy is still working at akai, eating peoples food, and laughing about the battery they left out of the MPC One.....

sadder yet though is that nobody but electrons model series has a better workflow, that is if you completely disregard the sampling aspect.

• edited May 2020

Glad to see that it has the CV connectivity. Wonder when and at what price...

• Well the common sense says Live/X was a Touch/Renaissance recycling process and One the true form factor anyone expect some day for the Live... but now we have an speaker and CV outputs... seems truly a line... like they thought the main problem with Touch was being tied to a computer... emmm that was one of the issues (shitting the whole legacy from old mpcs) but as @DatGood pointed that form factor never made sense...

The One needed to make pads smaller to fit... what? xD

IDK, almost they are updating the OS instead let them die like the old Nurkai... I suppose the new live is aimed to childs like Beatbox cardboard...

Which is an amazing concept but for (pseudo)DIY not as the tool for 900-1200€ akai wants to sell...
    I think the One will be the best seller and Akai will go that route after selling all the Touch parts in the basement... :V

• @kobamoto said:
    and now this

workflow is king

• edited May 2020

@kobamoto said:
    3 years and one 2 versions later

I think that's hitting the nail on its head. 2 versions in 3 years. Versions based on the same dumb ergonomics. They need to hire someone from Novation. The Circuit started off as a shitty little toy, but years after, is now a handy midi Swiss army knife and they didn't even need a screen.

I know I'm ranting but I have no other option for standalone gear and I really wanted to buy one later this year; So I'm left with the choices of a ginormous MPCX (an overkill for me and the size is not my thing), MPC Live/MPC Live 2 (TFOH), and the MPC One (nice but 2 Gigs? oh well).

I'm not a fan of Elektron's workflow, but respect to them and folks who use their boxes. Akai has potential of producing a solid product but it's like they are purposely fvcking up.

I hope rumours of NI standalone are real and totally kick Akai in the ass, because this is the laziest shit I've ever seen.

• Maschine standalone was aborted. Maybe re-borns but take a chair...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    Maschine standalone was aborted. Maybe re-borns but take a chair...

Was there ever progress? I've dreamed of this, but not sure if it'll happen.

• @auxmux said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Maschine standalone was aborted. Maybe re-borns but take a chair...

Was there ever progress? I've dreamed of this, but not sure if it'll happen.

Who knows... it was some pics at NI forum but moderatora saying “nothing true blahblah”.

• edited May 2020

@DatGood said:

@kobamoto said:
    3 years and one 2 versions later

I think that's hitting the nail on its head. 2 versions in 3 years. Versions based on the same dumb ergonomics. They need to hire someone from Novation. The Circuit started off as a shitty little toy, but years after, is now a handy midi Swiss army knife and they didn't even need a screen.

I know I'm ranting but I have no other option for standalone gear and I really wanted to buy one later this year; So I'm left with the choices of a ginormous MPCX (an overkill for me and the size is not my thing), MPC Live/MPC Live 2 (TFOH), and the MPC One (nice but 2 Gigs? oh well).

I'm not a fan of Elektron's workflow, but respect to them and folks who use their boxes. Akai has potential of producing a solid product but it's like they are purposely fvcking up.

I hope rumours of NI standalone are real and totally kick Akai in the ass, because this is the laziest shit I've ever seen.

The closest Maschine will ever get to stand alone might just be the mightyt ThudRumble Crew... via Intels Edison chip and open source code.... Basically they already did it, and respect for that, the real issue with a stand alone maschine is native instruments as a company... Imho it's kinda like how everybody complained about puffy's shallow rap lyrics but would you ever really want to see puffy trying to rap like black thought or even nas?..... hell no!
    native instruments had the time, the money, and the skill, but not the wisdom or relatability to do it + the maschine software as an instrument is trash imo.... for almost a decade you couldn't even record mutes or solos, automate tempo or time signatures and many other basic things..... they had midi ports on the controller that were almost useless from day one, that's why they publicly apologized to the community twice for that poor excuse of a sequencer. They only wanted to make a sequencer for richie hawtin and nobody else (no offense to Richie hawtin)

if you want to make beats without much variation that don't ebb and flow, kind of like a 9th wonder session or a Richie hawtin session then maschine is probably the quickest and best thing because you don't need all of the stuff it cannot do which is just about everything that the mpc sequencers have been able to do for decades already... if not familiar with both instruments it will be an illuminating experience to leave the realm of the philosophical and just take a look at the sequencer sections of each instruments manual to see what I'm talking about and you don't need the latest mpc either, use the mpc 500 manual for comparison. many folk think the mpc is all hype but that's the farthest thing from the truth.

sometimes I feel like before it's all said and done that native instruments will have to come out with a stand alone maschine just for the sake of saying they've done it if nothing else but with the software being so far behind I don't know what kind of sense it would make... software wise in my opinion they will never compete on the mpcs stand alone level because they don't really want to. Ableton and Behringer will come out with actual comparable products before native does.
    Native's hearts desire has always been to lock people into their komplete eco system, that's why people talk about their sample libraries when buying a mashine more than the maschine itself... but who the hell buys a sampling beat machine for the sample library unless the fact that it's a sampling beat machine is secondary to the reason they use it and there's nothing wrong with that I'm just pointing out that the direction maschine has gone for the last decade is indicative of the direction of it's purpose from the start which is quite different than the mpc or electron etc....
    Native has had to go through tacking on additional half-baked software ideas because of the backlash but they weren't developing maschine into a compositional tool for the love of it, hence the apologies. They should have backed Thudrumble with all the juice they needed imho! Native made people buy a maschine and a maschine jamm and use them together simultaneously to still not get the functionality of competing sequencers :/ so if they come out with a stand alone maschine right now

nobody's perfect of course and people have allot of complaints not unlike yours and mine about the mpcs but even though people want more ram, who else is making beat machines with more ram the mpcs... nobody, everybody else is going in the other direction.. what other hardware stand alone beat machine has freeze, autosampling, midi merge and tempo automation, track explode, etc... the list could go on and on, there's really nothing comparable right now. Even hardcore mpc heads that have had every mpc complain about the mpc ram amount when they know that they never had an mpc with this much ram

check the 7:40 mark

lil mo background

• Intel edison (as all their embed systems) was a fail but the point about embed systems is there and I agree. There are lots of solutions out there and the new MPCs get the winner boards of that time (linux based ones). Also the new Denons btw...

NI has a second chance if Maschine goes the same direction as Traktor but my gut says that the Native One platform will put all of these (aside Traktor) on the cloud ala Roland. Not my cup of tea for sure and it will make more irrelevant NI to my eyes but let's hope I'm wrong af.

Related to standalone grooveboxes maybe Pioneer releases updated Toraiz or Korg wakes up... xD
    Meanwhile I'm happy almost Akai is doing the homework and Roland released the Mc707. Another hopes are into Circuit Pro or LaunchControl XL mk3 with sensitive pads (similar form factor to Mc707).
    Also when Logic arrives to iPad Pro could be a serious option (just look at the news today).

• At the moment the MPC One and it’s brothers and The MC 707 are the most feature packed groove boxes. And I’ve owned and sold most of them.

Kong dropped the ball before it even got it :)). Too bad. It was a fun box. Roland is learning from user feedback. This is cool.

But Akai is killing it. The 2.8 update is awesome.

Toraiz is also cool, but expensive and not that feature packed.

I currently own the MPC One and the only complaint is it does not have a battery. Otherwise I can get by any limitation. It’s a great product.

• @alecsbuga said:
    At the moment the MPC One and it’s brothers and The MC 707 are the most feature packed groove boxes. And I’ve owned and sold most of them.

Kong dropped the ball before it even got it :)). Too bad. It was a fun box. Roland is learning from user feedback. This is cool.

But Akai is killing it. The 2.8 update is awesome.

Toraiz is also cool, but expensive and not that feature packed.

I currently own the MPC One and the only complaint is it does not have a battery. Otherwise I can get by any limitation. It’s a great product.

I’m currently rocking the MPC One for drums and samples midi’d up to my MC-707 for 8 tracks of synthy goodness. It’s a very good pairing.

• Good and slow jam on Mpc live. I think this small box really cool.

• edited May 2020

is this thing smaller than the MPC Live original?

• Can’t wait to play with this later today.

• yeah loopop sounds like he's not missing maschine for the first time :)

• edited May 2020

@kobamoto said:
    yeah loopop sounds like he's not missing maschine for the first time :)

Heheh. Yep. I would love it if Akai allowed the MPC line to support audio interfaces in a near future update since they have all the USB Midi flowing thru. BOOM!!!🤯

• edited May 2020

So far so good. The iPad doesn’t show up when plugged in to the ONE but all my other USB gear shows up fine on the MPC One.

So to get this all working with the iPad, i am using my Mio Midi to USB direct to the iPad to bring it all together.

• @echoopera What stands are you using for both?

• @auxmux said:
    @echoopera What stands are you using for both?

Using the Park Slope from twelve south for the MPC:
    https://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-ParcSlope-Laptops-Tablets/dp/B00SCX76XG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And using an Arkon Tablet Stand for the iPad:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PW1OFEE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• edited May 2020

@echoopera said:
    So far so good. The iPad doesn’t show up when plugged in to the ONE but all my other USB gear shows up fine on the MPC One.

So to get this all working with the iPad, i am using my Mio Midi to USB direct to the iPad to bring it all together.

Maybe Akai could add some class compliance thingy and that way you could use the MPC One as an Audio & Midi interface hub for the iPad with just a USB->Lightning or USB-C->USB-B cable and the MPC One could then also charge the iPad while connected ;)

• @Samu said:

@echoopera said:

Maybe Akai could add some class compliance thingy and that way you could use the MPC One as an Audio & Midi interface hub for the iPad with just a USB->Lightning or USB-C->USB-B cable and the MPC One could then also charge the iPad while connected ;)

Yeah, it will be interesting to see where they take it now that the genie is out of the bottle. :) Really happy with this update though. It's stellar.

• I love the New update. For me notes mode in main screen is super powerful. And all the other small improvements.