Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW Akai MPC ONE Stand Alone

Comments

• Seems like the ability to set a USB input port to CONTROL (only) is also a massive boon toward using a knobby MIDI controller (like the original beatstep or something) as a FIXED Q-Link controller similar to the MPC-X.

• @syrupcore said:
    Seems like the ability to set a USB input port to CONTROL (only) is also a massive boon toward using a knobby MIDI controller (like the original beatstep or something) as a FIXED Q-Link controller similar to the MPC-X.

Missed that feature ,is there any video showing control mode ?

• @Korakios said:

@syrupcore said:
    Seems like the ability to set a USB input port to CONTROL (only) is also a massive boon toward using a knobby MIDI controller (like the original beatstep or something) as a FIXED Q-Link controller similar to the MPC-X.

Missed that feature ,is there any video showing control mode ?

I don't know of one. I just noticed it as a setting on the inputs in the 2.8 video above.

• @kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    Just grabbed a MPC One for my set-up. Really stoked about this 2.8 update! Especially the ability to use a USB hub and the expanded midi capabilities!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

were did you find one?

I got lucky because someone returned one to purchase the MPC X...so I was able to purchase it as “open box” at a reduced price with full warranty.

I know the good stuff but I would love to know what you don't like about it if anything?

Well, my primary complaint has just been addressed with the upcoming 2.8 os update, which was, midi output limitations. It only has one 5 pin midi In/out and one USB port for midi in/out. So, I was having to choose what gear to hook up and what gear to leave out of my set-up while using it as the centerpiece. But, now with the ability to hook up a usb hub and the advanced midi mapping, I’m good to go! The additional workflow improvements are welcome also...but, since I’m just getting into these new MPC’s I’m not really tied down to a specific way of doing things yet.

It would be nice if they ever implemented disk-streaming for audio and samples. I mean my Roland SP-404 and evening my old SP-303 & SP-202 can do this allowing for unlimited sample time (depending on space)...it seems like it should be capable, but who knows. I’d also like for it to be class-compliant for audio and midi so I could use it natively with my iPads. Other than that...I’m happy with what it does! It’s a great sequencer/sampler! I haven’t really dug into the included instrument plugins yet as I have plenty of quality sounds on iOS, my Mac and hardware.

• edited May 2020

@thatguysmitty said:

@kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:

@kobamoto said:

@thatguysmitty said:
    Just grabbed a MPC One for my set-up. Really stoked about this 2.8 update! Especially the ability to use a USB hub and the expanded midi capabilities!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾

were did you find one?

I got lucky because someone returned one to purchase the MPC X...so I was able to purchase it as “open box” at a reduced price with full warranty.

I know the good stuff but I would love to know what you don't like about it if anything?

Well, my primary complaint has just been addressed with the upcoming 2.8 os update, which was, midi output limitations. It only has one 5 pin midi In/out and one USB port for midi in/out. So, I was having to choose what gear to hook up and what gear to leave out of my set-up while using it as the centerpiece. But, now with the ability to hook up a usb hub and the advanced midi mapping, I’m good to go! The additional workflow improvements are welcome also...but, since I’m just getting into these new MPC’s I’m not really tied down to a specific way of doing things yet.

It would be nice if they ever implemented disk-streaming for audio and samples. I mean my Roland SP-404 and evening my old SP-303 & SP-202 can do this allowing for unlimited sample time (depending on space)...it seems like it should be capable, but who knows. I’d also like for it to be class-compliant for audio and midi so I could use it natively with my iPads. Other than that...I’m happy with what it does! It’s a great sequencer/sampler! I haven’t really dug into the included instrument plugins yet as I have plenty of quality sounds on iOS, my Mac and hardware.

FWIW, I think with the new Midi Multi-Out the iPad will be available to be sequenced by the ONE. I do this now when the ONE is hooked up to my FocusRite, or when I use the Mio to use the ONE to sequence the iPad.

My hope is that the iPad just shows up as another instrument in the setup with this Update...which my gut says it will :)

Now, if our AudioInterfaces showed up when connected to he HUB...hoo man, that would be too cool!

• thanks guys , I find that I'm most excited about the little things like custom midi note assignment etc.. been waiting since day one for that, it's looking like these models are going to have a good run.

• @kobamoto said:
    hmmm

That would be cool. Just a few more days. 😬

• yep any improvement is a good improvement :) I'm really looking forward to the update

• I’ll take
    The force timestretch in
    My
    Mpc please!

• :)

just think, the MPC One is gonna be a mini classic.... that thing is gonna be one of the best finds on the used market for years to come

• I just returned my Octatrack (which was nice but expensive for what it does) and finally found an MPC One in stock on my local store.

I love it. It's way nicer than the Live. I love the smaller pads. The next update is dope. And I'm talking about the other stuff besides midi. Locking the notes mode is one of them.

I opened it up and the logic board looks similar with the Live's. Also there's room for the Live battery in there

• Currently it’s out of stock sadly :(

• @alecsbuga said:
    I just returned my Octatrack (which was nice but expensive for what it does) and finally found an MPC One in stock on my local store.

I love it. It's way nicer than the Live. I love the smaller pads. The next update is dope. And I'm talking about the other stuff besides midi. Locking the notes mode is one of them.

I opened it up and the logic board looks similar with the Live's. Also there's room for the Live battery in there

thanks for those pics... wow where did you get yours and why didn't they put the battery in there you know if they had people would be walking around with two under each arm

• @kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:
    I just returned my Octatrack (which was nice but expensive for what it does) and finally found an MPC One in stock on my local store.

thanks for those pics... wow where did you get yours and why didn't they put the battery in there you know if they had people would be walking around with two under each arm

got it in Bucharest Romania. I had it on pre-order for months.

• edited May 2020

@alecsbuga said:

@kobamoto said:

@alecsbuga said:

got it in Bucharest Romania. I had it on pre-order for months.

so if I'm going east on pico blvd... lol

are you still planning to put your own battery in?

• definitely. I asked MPCStuff guys if they tried. Wouldn't wanna order if it doesn't work. Shipping and taxes is expensive

• @alecsbuga said:
    definitely. I asked MPCStuff guys if they tried. Wouldn't wanna order if it doesn't work. Shipping and taxes is expensive

so you're going to put the same one from the MPC Live into it?

• I can imagine a simple modding with ripcord-like cable and a dremel...

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    I can imagine a simple modding with ripcord-like cable and a dremel...

The logic Board seems to have the same connections as the one from the Live. So I guess it will power it up ok but I don’t think the software will manage the charging or the display of the percentage correctly.

I was thinking of buying an Omnicharge. I saw Accurate Beats successfully using one but it’s way cooler to have a built in battery

• edited May 2020

@alecsbuga said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    I can imagine a simple modding with ripcord-like cable and a dremel...

The logic Board seems to have the same connections as the one from the Live. So I guess it will power it up ok but I don’t think the software will manage the charging or the display of the percentage correctly.

I was thinking of buying an Omnicharge. I saw Accurate Beats successfully using one but it’s way cooler to have a built in battery

Mmmm I was thinking in power the main connector from inside (with proper fuse and diode) and dremel the side to make it detachable...
    I don’t think is going to work just powering the main board from internal pin connectors since this ONE has different power demands like cv outputs... and will require a dedicated firmware maybe. I’m talking without enough knowledge, I must say, and just wondering the easiest mod possible.

• Also something I noticed right of the bat, loading projects is a bit faster than the Live, especially those saved in internal memory.

The Logic board doesn’t have the micro SD card which holds the OS. It might be on a different side, or just a soldered chip.
    Anyways, although the unit is plasticky, it has a nice build.

• @alecsbuga said:
    Also something I noticed right of the bat, loading projects is a bit faster than the Live, especially those saved in internal memory.

The Logic board doesn’t have the micro SD card which holds the OS. It might be on a different side, or just a soldered chip.
    Anyways, although the unit is plasticky, it has a nice build.

Time to get busy my friend 👊🏼™️ Welcome to the club.

• BTW... what are the Power Supply demands... due maybe Ripcord can't drive in!
    I think I was talking with @kobamoto about this not so long ago...?

I remember even search for battery packs and so :S

In the end it's a pc-like main board running dedicated Linux OS afair... so the route laptop battery could be better maybe.

• edited May 2020

one of the best Roger Linn Interviews ever!!!

• @TheDubbyLabby said:
    BTW... what are the Power Supply demands... due maybe Ripcord can't drive in!

In the end it's a pc-like main board running dedicated Linux OS afair... so the route laptop battery could be better maybe.

AKAI says the MPC one is powered by 19 V, 3.42 A. ,

• @kobamoto said:
    one of the best Roger Linn Interviews ever!!!

simply astounding how humble this man is!!!!

• @kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

These numbers sound familiar and also over ripcord so forget that approach.

Thanks @kobamoto

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Thanks @kobamoto

sure thing, nobody I know has said anything definitive outside of the basic protocols for guidance but that dude is still using and loving that battery without any issues

• @kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@kobamoto said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Thanks @kobamoto

sure thing, nobody I know has said anything definitive outside of the basic protocols for guidance but that dude is still using and loving that battery without any issues

Internally with proper numbers could be. I was pointing the ripcord approach due these up to 18v.

http://myvolts.com/page.php?xPage=MV_Ripcord&jssCart=8cfb986670799f405a6702f69a1bc940