Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How To Boost Volume?

I got a pair of JBL 305lsrs on sale ($160 B&H) and I like them, but plugging into my Casio PXS3000 still does not give me quite enough volume. I haven’t tried the output from my iPad Pro yet but imagine it will be similar. A cheap way might be to get a headphone amplifier and get a mini plug to stereo 1/4” males to L&R monitors? Then I could use the hp amp to boost headphones off the keyboard as well. Will there be loss in fidelity? Any other inexpensive ways to boost. The kybd is up to max volume, btw.
Thanks!

Comments

• According to the info on those speakers, there is a switch to change the input between -10dB/+4 dB. Try the +4dB setting. Use -10dB to pad a hot signal (the opposite of your predicament).

Also, there are LF and HF Trim switches. Make sure those are off. They cut back the low and high frequencies.

If it is still to quiet, maybe try running the audio through your audio device. If your audio device has XLR or 1/4” output jacks, you will probably get a better impedance match (ohms) and get a louder output from the speakers.

• Thanks @CracklePot. The Casio has 1/4” outs. I will try what you suggest!