Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SpaceCraft midi AUM

I have SpaceCraft custom midi mapped and saved within aum, however when opening the file I have to go within spacecraft and disable its internal midi mapping (everytime), if not I get crossed midi controlling. Trying to avoid extra steps. Any advice?
-thx

Comments

• Not sure I’m clear on what you’re doing. You mean you have MIDI controls mapped to the AU parameters in AUM’s “MIDI CTRL” page? I’m presuming you’re doing that to take advantage of AUM’s scaling, etc? Otherwise you could just send the MIDI controls to Spacecraft directly.

I’m presuming you’re sending MIDI notes to Spacecraft? Otherwise, don’t send the MIDI there, just direct it to AUM’s MIDI CTRL.

Assuming you need AUM’s mapping scaling, etc, and you need to send notes, you need to separate the notes from the controls and only send notes to SC directly. You can send everything to AUM’s MIDI CTRL as it will just ignore the notes.

You could use StreamByter or Mozaic to strip the CC’s from going to SC.

• @aplourde I have SC mapped via aum midi control but you still have to go into space craft settings to disable its own midi cc’s every time its opened. Otherwise there is cc confusion.

• @hibjshop said:
    @aplourde I have SC mapped via aum midi control but you still have to go into space craft settings to disable its own midi cc’s every time its opened. Otherwise there is cc confusion.

Right, what I'm saying is that you're sending two sets of CC streams to SC, one directly to SC and one via AUM's mapping. You have to eliminate one stream.

So:
    Do you need to send the CCs to AUM? Simplest thing, since SC has built in mapping, is to just use that and send your CC messages to SC directly, don't bother with the hassle of setting up AUM control mappings.
    I was presuming you were sending to AUM to take advantage of remapping, or scaling. There are ways to remap with things like mfxConvert and remapping and scaling can be done with StreamByter or Mosaic.

If you do need to send the CCs to AUM, do you need to send MIDI to SC? If you're just sending control messages, don't route them to SC, problem solved. I was presuming you did need to send MIDI to SC because you were sending notes. In that case you need to filter out the CCs and just have the notes pass to SC. This would be very simple to set up in StreamByter or Mosaic.

All that said, there's a simpler solution: the MIDI in channel does seem to be saved with the session, so set that to any channel that doesn't have CC messages.

Of course, the best option would be to contact @deltaVaudio and ask if the MIDI CC In Mapping setting can be saved with the preset; it not being saved is surely an oversight.

• @hibjshop and @aplourde it turns out that this is a bug in the App Store version where this particular global setting is not recalled when restarting spacecraft. The good news is that this has actually been fixed in the latest (long on-going) beta version quite some time ago, I should really get it released!! Sorry for the confusion ;)

• @deltaVaudio said:
    @hibjshop and @aplourde it turns out that this is a bug in the App Store version where this particular global setting is not recalled when restarting spacecraft. The good news is that this has actually been fixed in the latest (long on-going) beta version quite some time ago, I should really get it released!! Sorry for the confusion ;)

What a great developer @deltaVaudio is.

I can't wait to see what you think of next. But I will.