Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Z3TA+ for iOS released (AB and IAA)

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/Z3TA/images/Z3TA-iOS-Synth-Features.png

Z3TA+ iOS Highlights

• Includes over 500 presets
  • Inter-App Audio, Background Audio and AudioBus support
  • Classic Waveshaping Z3TA+ 2 synth engine with 6 Oscillators, 6 LFO's and more
  • Modulation Matrix including 16 Sources, Curves, Controls and Destinations
  • Advanced modular effects including Distortion, Mod, Compression and more
  • External MIDI control and user-friendly onboard Keyboard
  • Performance section with Tap Tempo, assignable XY Pad, Mod Wheels, and User Controlled In-Key Pitch Bend

Product Page : http://www.cakewalk.com/products/Z3TA/ios.aspx

iTunes ($19.99) : https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/Z3TA+/id810393174

Comments

• $20?naaaah, i hate this new $20 trend. Is it really THAT good?

• I don't know but that iPad ^ is barely newer than the original VST

OK, probably not, but why the iPad 1 in promo shots?

• It's the same as the VST, which is a hundred bucks....

• and I'm not complaining, its great to have these bigger VST companies porting to iOS. Thanks Cakewalk!

• edited February 2014

If anyone finds a way to move around the keyboard without cutting off the notes, please let me know! (Not the hold button). It probably isn't possible in this v, but I haven't gone through all the keyboard options yet so..

• Anyone find where midi channels are set? Manual doesn't include the info that I can find. Midi works in MTS on channel 1, but that may be an omni thing...

• Arps and delays don't seem to sync to MIDI clock either....

• edited February 2014

Sorry, dupe post....

• Some of the more complex presets cause stuttering on a ipad 3, even with the buffer size at max

• edited February 2014

Here's the Cakewalk promo video of the actual ios version:

• Anyone figured why sometimes the buffer size gets locked and how do you unlock it?

• @Jumpercollins: IAA and AB should lock it. You need to change it from AB or your IAA host then.

• No randomizer?

• Yay, I am done splitting wood and am now downloading it!

• edited February 2014

@Greg said:

No randomizer?

Little dice symbol at the top....

I Take that back- all that does is pick a preset randomly.

• Could someone test controlling it with ThumbJam or Geosynth with the [channel per touch option on TJ / channel span > 1 in Geo], and see if it respects pitch bend independently per touch/channel in its omni mode? I doubt it will, but I'd like to know.

I need to send out some kind of manifesto to all synth developers to please add this feature, which isn't that much trouble. Including any who read this!

• Cheers Raz Sussed it. Overall it is heavy on CPU load on quite a few Presets which is a shame even with buffer set to max. IAA works good with GB and BM2 I wish Cubasis would work better on drop and play.

• Anyone looked at it in iFunbox to see if the MIDI patterns for the arp are actual .mid files?

• @Zymos said:

I Take that back- all that does is pick a preset randomly.

Yes who needs that?

@sonosaurus said:

I need to send out some kind of manifesto to all synth developers to please add this feature, which isn't that much trouble. Including any who read this!

Yes, and please include in that manifesto; randomizer mandatory. :)

But besides the whining, the synth sounds great!

• @Zymos said:

Anyone looked at it in iFunbox to see if the MIDI patterns for the arp are actual .mid files?

Forgot about that' (computer is shut down for the night). But, the preset system is the same. So I googled up some free presets from preset/patch arena. And as long as the sub folders don't go too deep, the preset and categories shows up and seems to work ok.

• edited February 2014

I managed to load all the presets from the VST version onto Z3TA+ iOS using iFunbox :)

This is an awesome app. Z3TA+ was my favourite synth on PC and Mac and now its great that it's available on iOS.

• @Artmuzz Great news!!! What folder did you put them in? Are you able to put them in folders or banks or groups of some sort?

• edited February 2014

@sonosaurus said:

Could someone test controlling it with ThumbJam or Geosynth with the [channel per touch option on TJ / channel span > 1 in Geo], and see if it respects pitch bend independently per touch/channel in its omni mode? I doubt it will, but I'd like to know.

Well it pitch bends along with Thumbjam. But it's every note you're holding or nothing, I think. I'll take a closer look soon

Edit: No it seems independent. I hold a not or two on thumbjam, tilt the iPad to pitch end, press another note and that starts at the original pitch, and pitches down when I tilt/pitch the first notes back. Hope that made sense :)

• edited February 2014

@Audiojunkie said:

@Artmuzz Great news!!! What folder did you put them in? Are you able to put them in folders or banks or groups of some sort?

In "library" (or if it was documents) there will be a "factory programs" folder somewhere with all the presets. Just make another folder next to that folder. Any sub folders inside will act as categories.

• edited February 2014

@ChrisG, first, make sure you have channel-per-touch enabled in midi options. Then, an easier test is to put TJ into continuum glide mode (sidebar button should look like a ramp, be sure to use portrait orientation, due to bug), and just drag two fingers in opposite directions. If Z3TA sounds nutty, then it doesn't support what I'm asking about.

• VST presets can dragged into iFunbox > User Applications > Z3TA+ > Library > Programs.

I dragged the Z3TA+ classic content in there as I love the presets from that folder.

• @JumperCollins The buffer gets locked in AB because AB is setting the buffer size.

• Running it on the first edition ipad mini and every app except a couple work perfectly with no stutter and sound amazingly great. As far as synths go this is one of the best if not the best I have heard on IOS! The depth of manipulation is quite incredible also. Indeed whoever said that the bar has been raised is correct!
    This is the answer to why you would want another synth no doubt. Just messing with the stock presets alone could put you in love with it forever.
    Tutorials are going to make it even better as it can be very simple(just playing the presets) , or incredibly deep, whichever you might want.

• @ChrisG said:

@Audiojunkie said:

@Artmuzz Great news!!! What folder did you put them in? Are you able to put them in folders or banks or groups of some sort?

In "library" (or if it was documents) there will be a "factory programs" folder somewhere with all the presets. Just make another folder next to that folder. Any sub folders inside will act as categories.

Excellent!!!! Banks and Banks galore here I come!!! :-D

• edited February 2014

For CPU heavy sounds, go to settings and disable effects. I use AUFX etc for those sounds. You may have to disable arp also. Turn off precision, and turn down render quality.