Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geoshred /Swam Collaborate - Just Wow! - IAP

Comments

• @sclurbs said:
    @McD bluetooth audio is for literal retards and people who never gig at venues

As a non-literal 'hard I'll try to restate my point. (Did anyone get the license plate off that bus?).

My thinking was that 98% of people using music are just listening using AirPods, Beats, etc. For audio Out it's
    an elegant solution. If you need low latency like everyone here does (the non-learning-disabled geniuses of the ABF) then
    we are waiting for a low latency wireless option. Maybe Internet Protocols over Wi-Fi will hit price points that help us with latency and eliminate wires and increase distance between end-points in an audio "delivery network".

I"M HOPING SWAM raises the bar on IOS instrument choices for realistic performances. I might buy one and if it's
    used enough I'll more more.

I wish the ThumbJam folks got excited about updating their products to AUv3. Their keyboard and sample based instruments are still so powerful and responsive compared to many other AUv3 options. Still, IAA apps work but the GUI (window swapping) is the main reason I avoid grabbing it. I should just get used to launching AB3 and having a handy window manager and unified Transport Control UI for sync'ing and Start/Stop management.

• What are the odds this actually releases on the 20th?

• Take the odds of Drambo getting released this year, multiply by the chance of glitchcore coming out before summer and divide by two :p

• @Gavinski said:
    Take the odds of Drambo getting released this year, multiply by the chance of glitchcore coming out before summer and divide by two :p

(1.0 x 1.0) /2 = 1

• @audiblevideo said:

@Gavinski said:
    Take the odds of Drambo getting released this year, multiply by the chance of glitchcore coming out before summer and divide by two :p

(1.0 x 1.0) /2 = 1

1 divided by two does not equal one :)

The other way around is different of course....

• Hope pianoteq will follow..

they have got a version commercially available for a similar processor (raspberry pi). Maybe we should send them emails https://www.modartt.com/support#

• @jollyDodger said:
    Hope pianoteq will follow..

they have got a version commercially available for a similar processor (raspberry pi). Maybe we should send them emails https://www.modartt.com/support#

Checkout their forum, there’s hundreds of requests for iOS. They’ve shown absolutely zero interest. I hope that changes!

• @richardyot said:

@audiblevideo said:

@Gavinski said:

(1.0 x 1.0) /2 = 1

1 divided by two does not equal one :)

The other way around is different of course....

I was distracted mathing... 😉

• @ion677 said:

@jollyDodger said:

Checkout their forum, there’s hundreds of requests for iOS. They’ve shown absolutely zero interest. I hope that changes!

I'll bet they did the Raspberry Pi as a strategy to lure in custom hardware manufacturers to license the product for $100+ per device. The device would then sell for $200+ and sell very well without much extra effort now. The vendor owns support and updates.

An Apple port would require them to try a $199 price point and the marketing guys probably tell them it would lower the desktop revenue. Tough call. I wouldn't pay the $199 and at $100 or less the case just gets worse for their revenue and branding. Easier to just keep selling new piano models on desktops.

• I want these SWAM instruments MORE than Drambo. How about you: "Beep-beep, Buzz" or a faithful violin model? Whats your bliss.

• @McD said:

@ion677 said:

@jollyDodger said:

I'll bet they did the Raspberry Pi as a strategy to lure in custom hardware manufacturers to license the product for $100+ per device. The device would then sell for $200+ and sell very well without much extra effort now. The vendor owns support and updates.

An Apple port would require them to try a $199 price point and the marketing guys probably tell them it would lower the desktop revenue. Tough call. I wouldn't pay the $199 and at $100 or less the case just gets worse for their revenue and branding. Easier to just keep selling new piano models on desktops.

Look at hammond b3x wanting a Bill. Pianoteq has much more value for me. I’d pay 200.

• @McD said:
    I want these SWAM instruments MORE than Drambo. How about you: "Beep-beep, Buzz" or a faithful violin model? Whats your bliss.

Me too man, though I'm also really looking forward to 'Classic FX' coming out.

• @Gavinski said:

@McD said:
    I want these SWAM instruments MORE than Drambo. How about you: "Beep-beep, Buzz" or a faithful violin model? Whats your bliss.

Me too man, though I'm also really looking forward to 'Classic FX' coming out.

Nice. Different strokes and all that. But I'm waiting for these apps to drop. They won't be cheap but
    I've ben a good boy lately so I have Karma in the bank.

• @McD said:

I assumed that they would keep their current licensing - i.e. all platforms. Tempted to build a Zynthian with battery. I guess keeping their licensing model will not bring in extra revenue, just keep existing users happy.

• @jollyDodger said:
    I assumed that they would keep their current licensing - i.e. all platforms. Tempted to build a Zynthian with battery. I guess keeping their licensing model will not bring in extra revenue, just keep existing users happy.

That's very hard to do with the iTunes Store model. Apple wants their cut but they would allow you to
    give it away for free but you can't just preload the existing customer details into Apple iTunes account.

They might be able to craft a deal where you pay Apple and get access to other platforms but not the PC
    product into a free Apple instance unless the free is just open.

StageLight (before Roland bought ZenBeats) had a way to start with Apple and get free PC, Android, Mac as I recall. But Apple got their 30% and a cut.

So many developers are willing to play along this is not likely to change.

Personally, I have the desktop licensing management apps... they create a lot of unintended headaches.
    Slow downloads... internet access restrictions... spam and forced marketing alerts.

• @McD said:

@jollyDodger said:

That's very hard to do with the iTunes Store model. Apple wants their cut but they would allow you to
    give it away for free but you can't just preload the existing customer details into Apple iTunes account.

They might be able to craft a deal where you pay Apple and get access to other platforms but not the PC
    product into a free Apple instance unless the free is just open.

StageLight (before Roland bought ZenBeats) had a way to start with Apple and get free PC, Android, Mac as I recall. But Apple got their 30% and a cut.

So many developers are willing to play along this is not likely to change.

Personally, I have the desktop licensing management apps... they create a lot of unintended headaches.
    Slow downloads... internet access restrictions... spam and forced marketing alerts.

Syntorial have a good model where you buy on desktop and get a code for the iOS version, in addition to Mac & Windows as part of the desktop purchase. In this case the iOS app is free with an IAP to unlock. I don't know whether that makes it easier to implement the one-purchase-all-platforms system, and there is the drawback that when it's on sale (which I'm guessing is when most people buy it) you need to know to go to the desktop site to get the sale price.

• https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/766487#Comment_766487

admin
    posted 1 day ago at 7:02 pm

Hi @Krivlin , thanks for your message.

Luckily, all the team is safe and healthy! The Coronavirus forced us to work remotely, anyway we are up and running, and working hard to improve our SWAM models and add features to Camelot.​

As for SWAM on iOS, we should be able to send a version of SWAM Solo Brass to a first group of Beta testers at the beginning of the next week. I'm sorry for the delays, but we have received many reports after the release of SWAM Solo Brass for Desktop and we wanted to include the same improvements into the iOS version.

Best!

• Can I be on the beta testers list pretty pleeeease!!

• I would also love to be a beta tester!

• There seems to bee a misunderstanding about the SWAM/GS release date. Per the Press release here:

http://www.moforte.com/namm-2020-demo-schedule-for-geoshred-5-0/

"Initially, the following instruments will be offered. Violin, Cello, Tenor Sax, Flute, Clarinet, and Oboe. The SWAM instruments will be available as In-App-Purchases (IAPs) for $15USD per instrument, in GeoShred 5.0 slated to be launched Q2/2020."

The pandemic is slowing down our development process just a bit, but sometime in Q2 (April-July) is still reasonable.

We support positive comments in this forum. Everyone, please stay safe, your family and friends.

Pat Scandalis, CEO/CTO moForte Inc.

• GeoShred Play is a Free Download April 4-17 2020

Hey everybody, Jordan Rudess here as we unite around the globe to fight this pandemic together it's more important than ever to social distance and stay home. The team with GeoShred wants to play our part in keeping your spirits lifted and your creativity flowing, through this time of uncertainty. From now through April 17th (2020) GeoShred play will be available for download free of charge.

We have certainly found solace and healing through the power of music and we hope it can do the same for you. Be well and safe everybody and have a great time shredding.

Jordan Rudess will give provide GeoShred Play tutoring on Facebook Live at the following days and time:

https://www.facebook.com/jordanrudessofficial/

Sunday April 5
    12PM NY • 9:30PM India • 5PM London • 9AM CA

Tuesday April 7

Friday April 10

• Just got update. Version 4.22.2. I don’t see any IAP updates yet.

• @moForte said:
    There seems to bee a misunderstanding about the SWAM/GS release date. Per the Press release here:

http://www.moforte.com/namm-2020-demo-schedule-for-geoshred-5-0/

"Initially, the following instruments will be offered. Violin, Cello, Tenor Sax, Flute, Clarinet, and Oboe. The SWAM instruments will be available as In-App-Purchases (IAPs) for $15USD per instrument, in GeoShred 5.0 slated to be launched Q2/2020."

The pandemic is slowing down our development process just a bit, but sometime in Q2 (April-July) is still reasonable.

We support positive comments in this forum. Everyone, please stay safe, your family and friends.

Pat Scandalis, CEO/CTO moForte Inc.

Thanks.. Really looking forward to this..

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Just got update. Version 4.22.2. I don’t see any IAP updates yet.

We're waiting for 5.0

• @Charlesalbert said:
    Any news?

I’d be shocked if this actually came out in July

• Why couldn’t I have a cool name like Jordan Rudess?

• edited July 2020

@LinearLineman said:
    Why couldn’t I have a cool name like Jordan Rudess?

Well, you never will with THAT attitude...

• @Daveypoo .... And yours is so much better, Mr. Poo? 😘🤭👊

• @LinearLineman said:
    Why couldn’t I have a cool name like Jordan Rudess?

I saw him with Vinnie Moore at studio one in Newark, NJ (which was later the Crazy Horse club on the Sopranos) in 1989. He still had hair then, and no beard. But he made his keyboard say, “Jordan Rudess, Keyboard Wizard” during a solo and it blew my mind.