Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Geoshred /Swam Collaborate - Just Wow! - IAP

Comments

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    These are really really really really really really good! 🤯

Thank you so much!

This is special. And yes I’ll be getting the @audiomodeling offerings too, whenever they drop. Any ideas when it’ll drop?

Do you mean native SWAM for iOS Apps/plugins?
    We will release the complete SWAM collection in a time frame of 6 / 7 months.
    The first collection to be released is SWAM Solo Brass before the end of 2020 for sure. Public Beta of a subset of Solo Brass instruments will be opened in a couple of weeks or so.

Best!

• @audiomodeling said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Thank you so much!

This is special. And yes I’ll be getting the @audiomodeling offerings too, whenever they drop. Any ideas when it’ll drop?

The first collection to be released is SWAM Solo Brass before the end of 2020 for sure. Public Beta of a subset of Solo Brass instruments will be opened in a couple of weeks or so.

Best!

Can’t wait! So these will mirror your desktop offerings?

Also, each of these will be its own app & auv3 I assume, not a singular app with IAP’s of each instrument?

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’ll definitely be looking into that cello, flute, and oboe when I’m not as broke. These sound great.
    Also @moForte, ever consider making a lefty set up for the app? If the top bar had an option to be flipped, it would make it a lot easier for lefties to play more expressively

cello is really great. sounds great and very playable. I’ve heard there are brass instrument coming soon. i can’t wait for those

• edited October 2020

@eross said:

@Fingolfinzzz said:
    I’ll definitely be looking into that cello, flute, and oboe when I’m not as broke. These sound great.
    Also @moForte, ever consider making a lefty set up for the app? If the top bar had an option to be flipped, it would make it a lot easier for lefties to play more expressively

cello is really great. sounds great and very playable. I’ve heard there are brass instrument coming soon. i can’t wait for those

Ooh, I wouldn’t mind some brass. Having a really expressive trumpet would be really nice. Trombone would work really nice with the layout too and feel pretty natural

• edited October 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:

These are literally a game changer on iOS with respect to realism and feel of the instruments. Yes I said it, Game Changer.

If you are new to this way of creating, as I am, take your time with it and treat it like a new instrument entirely.

If you are even remotely thinking you may spring for these, just grab the bundle and face the consequences.

This is especially true if you have an MPE controller (Sensel Morph, Roli Seaboard etc) and/or are using an MPE enabled DAW (Cubasis 3, GarageBand, ZenBeats, etc).

Yes, really good. And I even don't see very well how I could achieve the same good results if I hadn't a playing surface like Geoshred to navigate from one note to another so easily/naturally. It is so well suited to SWAM instruments.
    @audiomodeling Honestly, how did you do all these years, before coming to iOS, to make your SWAM instruments shine like this ? :D You made the leap forward and it has surely been a very very hard work (not finishet yet) and a tough decision to make as an investment. But the results really worth it and it really make sens I think for your company. Just my personal thoughts, sorry ... :*

• @audiomodeling said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Thank you so much!

Thanks to you.

Best!

I heard that Audio Modelling was working on ensembles (brass to begin with). Is that true ? If yes, is there any chance this comes one day on iOS ?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    If you are new to this way of creating, as I am, take your time with it and treat it like a new instrument entirely.

If you are even remotely thinking you may spring for these, just grab the bundle and face the consequences.

This is especially true if you have an MPE controller (Sensel Morph, Roli Seaboard etc) and/or are using an MPE enabled DAW (Cubasis 3, GarageBand, ZenBeats, etc).

I agree entirely with this representing a new iOS era for MPE controllers, but I was playing Geoshred Cello on my phone with 3D Touch and that's pretty special too. Shame that Apple have abandoned 3D Touch, I'll be making sure my next phone is old enough to still have it.

Repeating the tip from @Gavinski, turn on 'Finger Expr' in Geoshred for 3D Touch to work on a compatible phone (not iPad sadly).

• @steve99 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

I agree entirely with this representing a new iOS era for MPE controllers, but I was playing Geoshred Cello on my phone with 3D Touch and that's pretty special too. Shame that Apple have abandoned 3D Touch, I'll be making sure my next phone is old enough to still have it.

Repeating the tip from @Gavinski, turn on 'Finger Expr' in Geoshred for 3D Touch to work on a compatible phone (not iPad sadly).

Yes, it's a pity that 3D touch disappeared. It would have been nice that Apple kept 3D Touch on high-end iPhones Pro/Max and introduced it on high-end iPads Pro also.
    The problem is not so technological nor financial (some argue that it doesn't make sens to keep this "expensive" technology - but introducing a cutting-edge pen technology isn't cheap neither...) than legal-related.
    The real reason is a reportedly patent infringement with a complaint of Immersion against Apple, dating back in 2016 :
    https://mashable.com/2016/02/12/apple-3d-touch-patent-lawsuit/?europe=true

Anyway, I tried GeoSax with Velocity Keyboard, and can confirm that the radius sensing controlling the mod wheel / CC01 (Vibrato of the SWAM engine) is a real plus. With only one finger you can modulate the vibrato in a very satisfying way, without compromising another CC control.
    I reiterate that @moForte should consider adding radius sensing as even a 4- or 5-level detection would be valuable :#

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

Can’t wait! So these will mirror your desktop offerings?

Exactly! With the plus of playing surface, of course :-)

Also, each of these will be its own app & auv3 I assume, not a singular app with IAP’s of each instrument?

Exactly, we have chosen to sell instruments separately, not as IAP, so we can create App Bundles.

• @Paulo164 said:

Yes, really good. And I even don't see very well how I could achieve the same good results if I hadn't a playing surface like Geoshred to navigate from one note to another so easily/naturally. It is so well suited to SWAM instruments.
    @audiomodeling Honestly, how did you do all these years, before coming to iOS, to make your SWAM instruments shine like this ? :D You made the leap forward and it has surely been a very very hard work (not finishet yet) and a tough decision to make as an investment. But the results really worth it and it really make sens I think for your company. Just my personal thoughts, sorry ... :*

If you look at our CEO Stefano Lucato playing SWAM on a regular keyboard + Expression pedal, I'm sure you change your mind.
    We designed our instruments to be playable expressively even with no advanced expressive controllers.
    Of course, a playing surface like the one offered by GeoShred allows a different way to play and to combine several parameters/articulations in realtime, and that's really good!

https://youtu.be/SEAaqCdJ3Qo

• @Paulo164 said:

I heard that Audio Modelling was working on ensembles (brass to begin with). Is that true ? If yes, is there any chance this comes one day on iOS ?

Yes, we are working on ensembles. End of 2021 is our plan for releasing the first collection of SWAM ensembles. The first will be Strings, indeed, not Brass.
    During the last two years we have been focused not only on developing new instruments (Solo Brass) and new integrations (Geo-SWAM), but also on developing a cross-platform infrastructure. So any product developed for Desktop is potentially ready to be released for iOS also... of course, it is not so straightforward, but the gap between Desktop and iOS version is really small.
    Summarizing: SWAM ensembles will come for iOS too, one day :wink:

• edited October 2020

@audiomodeling said:

@Paulo164 said:

If you look at our CEO Stefano Lucato playing SWAM on a regular keyboard + Expression pedal, I'm sure you change your mind.
    We designed our instruments to be playable expressively even with no advanced expressive controllers.
    Of course, a playing surface like the one offered by GeoShred allows a different way to play and to combine several parameters/articulations in realtime, and that's really good!

Yes, nice demonstration. In fact I was mostly kidding ;) Swam instruments shine on their own for sure.
    I was just amazed at how easy it is now to play expressively Swam instruments without any keyboard, foot controller or breath controller... I realize that I can do this while waiting for the bus :)

• @audiomodeling said:

@Paulo164 said:

Yes, we are working on ensembles. End of 2021 is our plan for releasing the first collection of SWAM ensembles. The first will be Strings, indeed, not Brass.
    During the last two years we have been focused not only on developing new instruments (Solo Brass) and new integrations (Geo-SWAM), but also on developing a cross-platform infrastructure. So any product developed for Desktop is potentially ready to be released for iOS also... of course, it is not so straightforward, but the gap between Desktop and iOS version is really small.
    Summarizing: SWAM ensembles will come for iOS too, one day :wink:

Thanks, great news. Isn't this a new era coming for (iOS) music making ...?

• edited October 2020

@steve99 said:

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:
    @moForte Since the Jamstik Studio MIDI guitar is an MPE device will it work flawlessly and will it be recognized as an MPE device or is it only certain MPE devices like Roli/Linnstrument that is compatible?

I would ask the same about the Artiphon Instrument 1, also being an MPE controller - is it compatible?

I was playing the Geocello with my Artiphon Instrument 1 yesterday, worked really well, apart from me getting stuck playing a cello version of "if you think I'm sexy" by Rod Stewart... such dark things lurking in the depths of my mind.

That was piping the midi from my desktop, no reason to think it wouldn't work direct. So long as it's an MPE capable controller you should be good.

That is awesome. Definitely one of my favorite songs to play on bass, great groove.

• edited October 2020

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:
    @moForte Since the Jamstik Studio MIDI guitar is an MPE device will it work flawlessly and will it be recognized as an MPE device or is it only certain MPE devices like Roli/Linnstrument that is compatible?

I would ask the same about the Artiphon Instrument 1, also being an MPE controller - is it compatible?

I would love to be able to report on this, having briefly tried them all with the Instrument 1 yesterday and found them all absolutely brilliant (cello best, I thought), though you have to do some capoing on the woodwinds to match the fretboard range to the instrument pitches. Unfortunately when I came back to them today to try the Jamstik Studio, GeoShred now displays a message "Jailbreak detected and reported" (which ironically seems to have been triggered by disabling my jailbreak) and quits.

What the hell, @MoForte? I just paid £70 in good faith for your bundle and have not the slightest intention of doing whatever nefarious mischief you think I somehow plan to use the jailbreak to perpetrate with whatever it's unknowingly given me the power to access. I'm jailbroken for completely above-board reasons (tl;dr Files app is bobbins) and I resent being treated as a crook, to say nothing of being locked out of the most expensive iOS purchase I've coughed up since probably the launch of Syntorial. I love GeoShred and would very much like to keep using it, along with these instruments which deserve all the love they're getting. But not if I can't use them because you think I'm out to do I don't even know what. (And even if I was, I don't see how blocking me from launching the app would stop me.) Not cool.

Edit: OK, deleting and reinstalling disables the jailbreak warning. (I'm trusting you not to go off and close that loophole…) As feared, the GeoSWAM instruments sound absolutely horrible with the Jamstik Studio, whose aspirations to be an MPE controller are noble but doomed, given that it's stuck with (good) pitch-to-MIDI conversion. But they do absolutely sing with the I1, which was made for this kind of thing. (They're also far better than I'd expected with my Seaboard, though; usually I find the I1 more responsive to delicate touches, but with these they're absolutely neck-and-neck.)

• @mrufino1 said:

@steve99 said:

I was playing the Geocello with my Artiphon Instrument 1 yesterday, worked really well, apart from me getting stuck playing a cello version of "if you think I'm sexy" by Rod Stewart... such dark things lurking in the depths of my mind.

That was piping the midi from my desktop, no reason to think it wouldn't work direct. So long as it's an MPE capable controller you should be good.

That is awesome. Definitely one of my favorite songs to play on bass, great groove.

The track Rod Stewart plagiarized for that song:

• @Masanga said:

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:

I would love to be able to report on this, having briefly tried them all with the Instrument 1 yesterday and found them all absolutely brilliant (cello best, I thought), though you have to do some capoing on the woodwinds to match the fretboard range to the instrument pitches. Unfortunately when I came back to them today to try the Jamstik Studio, GeoShred now displays a message "Jailbreak detected and reported" (which ironically seems to have been triggered by disabling my jailbreak) and quits.

What the hell, @MoForte? I just paid £70 in good faith for your bundle and have not the slightest intention of doing whatever nefarious mischief you think I somehow plan to use the jailbreak to perpetrate with whatever it's unknowingly given me the power to access. I'm jailbroken for completely above-board reasons (tl;dr Files app is bobbins) and I resent being treated as a crook, to say nothing of being locked out of the most expensive iOS purchase I've coughed up since probably the launch of Syntorial. I love GeoShred and would very much like to keep using it, along with these instruments which deserve all the love they're getting. But not if I can't use them because you think I'm out to do I don't even know what. (And even if I was, I don't see how blocking me from launching the app would stop me.) Not cool.

Edit: OK, deleting and reinstalling disables the jailbreak warning. (I'm trusting you not to go off and close that loophole…) As feared, the GeoSWAM instruments sound absolutely horrible with the Jamstik Studio, whose aspirations to be an MPE controller are noble but doomed, given that it's stuck with (good) pitch-to-MIDI conversion. But they do absolutely sing with the I1, which was made for this kind of thing. (They're also far better than I'd expected with my Seaboard, though; usually I find the I1 more responsive to delicate touches, but with these they're absolutely neck-and-neck.)

Thanks for your answer - now I’m really Jonesing for an Instrument 1!

• I am also getting same error in my own setlist after the update.. “App Error - Cannot find setlist for index=44”

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:
    Updated to 5 and upgraded from Play to Pro. Bought GeoCello. App freezes almost instantly on iPhone 7plus, crashes on any attempt to change preset. Working fine on an iPhone SE (old one).

steve99, I have 2 thoughts. 1) You can reach out directly to me at [email protected] for help. 2) You might try re-installing from scratch because sometimes overlay installs can cause issues. After the install do a "Restore Purchases". I also have an iPhone 7Plus. I'm sure that we can figure out what is going on.

2nd edit: fixed by restoring free presets, see post below.

Thanks @moForte, I’ve been too busy playing on my iPad to worry too much, just thought I’d share here as I know you’re on the thread and others may have the same problem on a 7plus (?).

I tried a fresh install, restored purchases and initially managed to get to the new presets and play briefly (a few seconds), but then it soon crashed again and went back to freezing on start up, or if not that, then quitting out as soon as I try to select a preset.

This is in standalone iOS 13.5.1. Just tried in AUM as AUV3 and also crashing. I get the error message below, which I can ‘ok’, then play notes in ‘shred lead’, but again it quits if I try and change preset.

All good on my other devices though, very happy about that, thanks for bringing it to iOS.

Edit: not sure where my error screenshot has gone... the message I see in the AUV3 says “App Error - Cannot find setlist for index=44”

@Steve99, I'm sure that we can solve this. Let's get up on Skype or Zoom. Please contact me directly at [email protected]

• edited October 2020

@Treaszure said:

We did a lot of work for/with Zivix on the original JamStick. I don't know if the latest is fully MPE compliant. I will reach out to our contacts there to see if I can get a loaner to test it out. If it is MPE compliant, then it should work with our MPE MIDI configuration.

MPE compliance is an elusive thing. I wrote the compliance checklist (see link below), many MPE products don't fully support the spec. If any ABF folks are MPE developers please feel free to reach out to me ([email protected]) to chat about how best practices with MPE so that your product works well with other products.

http://www.moforte.com/ccrma-open-house-presentation-322018/

• @DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:

We have an Artiphone Instrument 1 MIDI configuration built into GeoShred. I don't recall if it was fully MPE. I'll pull It out next week and look.

• @steve99 said:

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:

My recollection is that you can use the Camera Connection kit to connect it directly.

• @steve99 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

You know we will all be able to buy low cost used iPhones that support 3D touch for years to come. I have a number of iPhone 6S+ that I picked up to use with GeoShred as a full MPE controller.

• @sujoybose77 said:
    I am also getting same error in my own setlist after the update.. “App Error - Cannot find setlist for index=44”

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:
    Updated to 5 and upgraded from Play to Pro. Bought GeoCello. App freezes almost instantly on iPhone 7plus, crashes on any attempt to change preset. Working fine on an iPhone SE (old one).

steve99, I have 2 thoughts. 1) You can reach out directly to me at [email protected] for help. 2) You might try re-installing from scratch because sometimes overlay installs can cause issues. After the install do a "Restore Purchases". I also have an iPhone 7Plus. I'm sure that we can figure out what is going on.

Thanks @moForte, I’ve been too busy playing on my iPad to worry too much, just thought I’d share here as I know you’re on the thread and others may have the same problem on a 7plus (?).

I tried a fresh install, restored purchases and initially managed to get to the new presets and play briefly (a few seconds), but then it soon crashed again and went back to freezing on start up, or if not that, then quitting out as soon as I try to select a preset.

This is in standalone iOS 13.5.1. Just tried in AUM as AUV3 and also crashing. I get the error message below, which I can ‘ok’, then play notes in ‘shred lead’, but again it quits if I try and change preset.

All good on my other devices though, very happy about that, thanks for bringing it to iOS.

Edit: not sure where my error screenshot has gone... the message I see in the AUV3 says “App Error - Cannot find setlist for index=44”

@Steve99, I'm sure that we can solve this. Let's get up on Skype or Zoom. Please contact me directly at [email protected]

We know what is causing this, it's related to user defined setlists. We will push a fix in the next few days.

• @moForte said:

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:

We have an Artiphone Instrument 1 MIDI configuration built into GeoShred. I don't recall if it was fully MPE. I'll pull It out next week and look.

The I1 has been fully MPE-compliant since early 2017, though it may not have been yet when the GeoShred configuration was added. But the GeoSWAM instruments also seem to work fine with it using the other MPE configurations built in, including the Seaboard one. I haven't tested all parameters systematically, though.

• edited October 2020

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@mrufino1 said:

@steve99 said:

The track Rod Stewart plagiarized for that song:

Well, well - that’s a great track, I’ll claim that as my inspiration then. Did Rod acknowledge the influence? Although to be fair to me and him, if you noodle around long enough in pentatonic minor you’re going to stumble into it sometime. Thank you, another listening avenue opened up and my street cred partially restored.

Edit: Wikipedia says Rod settled amicably after claiming ‘unconscious plagiarism’.

• @Paulo164 said:

@steve99 said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:

Yes, it's a pity that 3D touch disappeared. It would have been nice that Apple kept 3D Touch on high-end iPhones Pro/Max and introduced it on high-end iPads Pro also.
    The problem is not so technological nor financial (some argue that it doesn't make sens to keep this "expensive" technology - but introducing a cutting-edge pen technology isn't cheap neither...) than legal-related.
    The real reason is a reportedly patent infringement with a complaint of Immersion against Apple, dating back in 2016 :
    https://mashable.com/2016/02/12/apple-3d-touch-patent-lawsuit/?europe=true

Anyway, I tried GeoSax with Velocity Keyboard, and can confirm that the radius sensing controlling the mod wheel / CC01 (Vibrato of the SWAM engine) is a real plus. With only one finger you can modulate the vibrato in a very satisfying way, without compromising another CC control.
    I reiterate that @moForte should consider adding radius sensing as even a 4- or 5-level detection would be valuable :#

I am a user of both Velocity Keyboard and Geoshred for almost an year.. Yes I think Geoshred should try to adopt the touch radius sensing technology/algorithm from Velocity Keyboard app. Also I miss the option to create custom scale... Hope Jordan Rudass and @moForte are reading these valuable feedback...

• @moForte said:

@sujoybose77 said:
    I am also getting same error in my own setlist after the update.. “App Error - Cannot find setlist for index=44”

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

We know what is causing this, it's related to user defined setlists. We will push a fix in the next few days.

Thank you so much.. Appreciate how quickly you guys provide the fix..

• @sujoybose77 said:

@moForte said:

@sujoybose77 said:

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

@moForte said:

@steve99 said:

Thank you so much.. Appreciate how quickly you guys provide the fix..

@moForte is one of the companies (if not the one) providing the best customer support. Fast and detailed answers, always to track and shoot bugs down within a week or two :+1:

• I'll second that - what other developer is going to offer to do a video call with you to walk you through a difficulty, great attitude, Pat from Moforte is a pleasure to deal with.

• @moForte said:

@DSCB57 said:

@Treaszure said:

Thank you, I’ll look forward to your confirmation, since I’m about to pull the trigger on a used I1 being offered by another forum member. But this is a fairly pivotal consideration for me.