Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Auria Pro vs Cubasis 3 - feature wise.

2»

Comments

• Use-case question:
    I’m happy with my current setup of AUM/AUDIOBUS for content creation. However, I’m moving into scoring video and have discovered that Auria/Auria Pro is the only tool that allows syncing sound to video via time code.

So, if all I’m doing is syncing audio and video, do I need the Pro version?

Thanks.

• @zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:
    I’m happy with my current setup of AUM/AUDIOBUS for content creation. However, I’m moving into scoring video and have discovered that Auria/Auria Pro is the only tool that allows syncing sound to video via time code.

Thanks.

Advice don’t do video in Auria , it’s buggy at most times .. if you get good results , good luck

You are better off doing syncing in luma fusion .. though no time code , you can stretch timeline and get it pretty much I sync, I found Apple Pencil is a good tool for this , difficult to fine tune with fingers .

• @theconnactic said:
    Now that the third installment of the great DAW from Steinberg is out, can we say we have a new king in the DAW throne? What Auria Pro has that Cub3 still don’t? And the other way around?

No app bashing, please - just want to make some informed decisions, since Auria Pro hasn’t seen an update for a while.

Cubasis 2 has an unbelievable feature which no one talks about much. The way it imports midi (general midi format) and auto assigns all instruments . And Bonus, even if say a snare assignment is off , you can easily drag the whole line to note and you are done

• @hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:

Thanks.

Advice don’t do video in Auria , it’s buggy at most times .. if you get good results , good luck

You are better off doing syncing in luma fusion .. though no time code , you can stretch timeline and get it pretty much I sync, I found Apple Pencil is a good tool for this , difficult to fine tune with fingers .

Thanks for the advice. Just saved me 30-50 bucks!

Lumafusion would be a great solution, but does it work as IAA so I can record live into it as one can, presumably, record narration via a microphone?

• @zilld2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:

Thanks.

Lumafusion would be a great solution, but does it work as IAA so I can record live into it as one can, presumably, record narration via a microphone?

No Luma is not IAA. What exactly are you trying to do ?

Audio recording is Auria’s strength . you can do your voiceover in Auria in background while recording a video on your iPad camera .polish your vocals in Auria , import your video into luma and Then just replace audio

• @hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:

Thanks.

Pretty straightforward real-time scoring, ala Logic Pro. But on an iPad.

• @hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:

Thanks.

Lumafusion's audio editing is restricted to frame rate. Cuts and automation start/stop points only happen on frames. It would not be a good environment for doing actual audio composition/mixing or fine edits.

If you are wanting to watch video you are cutting to while playing / creating the music to go with it LF would not be the way to go.

I use LF quite a bit and it can be used for coarse audio editing, but if I were working on a score, I would not be using it to edit the score.

It might be worth asking about AP’s movie-handling where in a thread by itself to get more data. Some people love AP and some don’t and some like it with reservations. Some have good luck with the movie stuff and some don’t.

• edited May 2020

@zilld2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:

@hisdudeness said:

@zilld2017 said:
    Use-case question:

Thanks.

Pretty straightforward real-time scoring, ala Logic Pro. But on an iPad.

Nothing like Final Cut Pro and Logic on iPad

luma fusion is your best bet , it has a few restrictions as rightly mentioned above but you can work around since the learning curve is easy. You won’t know until you try , if it’s a fail for your environment , pretty sure u will still end up keeping the app.
    But yeah if you are wanting logic/fcpx experience on ipad , nothing on IOS at least to my knowledge