Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The Unofficial Mozaic User Helpline

McDMcD
edited January 12 in General App Discussion

A Mozaic User does not write scripts. A Mozaic User uses the free Mozaic scripts and
has questions that other Users (and hopefully some developers) will answer.

There are over 10 Mozaic Users out there but there should be more.

There are over 100 developers. They do not like to do one-to-one support but some of them
are extremely generous with their time and skills.

DO NOT EXPECT @Brambos to spend his time here answering User questions.
He's got a new baby to ship and will then start writing another app. Why prevent that from happening with interruptions. Multi-tasking kills flow.

So... get Mozaic and post your questions HERE. I would start with the Mozaic demo apps that come with the product and then learn to install PatchStorage.com scripts. It's very easy if you
follow the instructions that I'll post here after 5 new users reply.

*This is a free service provided by the AudioBus Forum as a public service and not an official support channel.

Will you give it a shot?
  1. Do you have any MIDI Hardware?7 votes
    1. Yes.
      85.71%
    2. No.
      14.29%
  2. Did you know you can down load Mozaic apps for free?7 votes
    1. No. I though you had to write programs.
      14.29%
    2. Yes.
      85.71%
  3. Do you own Mozaic but haven't figured out what to do with it?7 votes
    1. Yes. Waste of my time and money.
      85.71%
    2. No. But I won't ever use it.
      14.29%
  4. Do you have a problem treating developers as human beings that have a life?7 votes
    1. Yes. They sold their soul to the Devil when they took my money.
      14.29%
    2. No. They have the problem. Jerks. I'm OK.
      85.71%

Comments

  • I may be lurking in the shadows from time to time.

    But you’ll never know when B)

  • edited January 12

    What’s the simplest way to manage picking up where you left off from on Patch Storage. If you re-install patches by accident Do they just duplicate in Mozaic?

    @brambos do you ever roll Patch Storage patches into an app update or should we just grab them from there whenever we can?

    @McD i appreciate the knowledge you are sharing on ABF

    Cheers

  • @gusgranite said:
    What’s the simplest way to manage picking up where you left off from on Patch Storage. If you re-install patches by accident Do they just duplicate in Mozaic?

    @_Ki recommends developers add the rev number to the new script instance so the user will
    see "CoolToolv1.2" "CoolToolv1.3". If the name is the same it would over write the old instance.

    @brambos do you ever roll Patch Storage patches into an app update or should we just grab them from there whenever we can?

    Bad idea for @Brambos because it might imply support and he pays for the download size.
    Better to teach us to use the licenses of the developer as set on PatchStorage. But I don't speak for @Brambos. Just my thinking so he doesn't have to touch anything with support or
    rights issues.

    PatchStorage is the easiest download experience for any site I've used. It's also a sweet option for coders to reach users and not involve @Brambos or support hundreds of users
    that have issues.

    @McD i appreciate the knowledge you are sharing on ABF

    I'll be coming out of this cycle of mass commenting any day and start showering again.
    Then these threads will have to get more owners. I'm too old for this shit.

    Cheers

    Skoal. I'm 50% Finnish and don't Skoal is all I got.
    "Here's looking up for old address." for the Scotch-Irish mutt 1/2.

  • LETTERS TO THE HELP LINE:
    What are the Top 3 Mozaic Scripts. PatchStorage has so many. How can I choose.

    HELP LINE RESPONSE:
    We should use data. The scripts on PatchStorage can be view by Likes and Downloads.
    Start with the Tops in those categories and read the developers description of what the apps
    is design to do. The one that converts shite MIDI into a Top of the Pops hit is a clever bit of kit.

    Oops. Sorry, that script was pulled back on order from BMG for sounding like their catalog of 10 Million pop tunes. Many of which were used to define the algorhytms being deployed.
    Like the patented C-Am-F-G chord progression. There should be a script that flags that potential legal entanglement. Or sounding like any dead Motown Artist. Bad form, what?

  • It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

    Basic lines of code 1 to 4 knobs to start

    1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    3.transpose single note (no midi thru)
    4.transpose single note (with midi thru)
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    7.1 knob note length gate
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

    Here are few ideas :-) any help would be awesome.

  • McDMcD
    edited January 13

    @topaz said:
    It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

    Basic lines of code 1 to 4 knobs to start

    1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    3.transpose single note (no midi thru)
    4.transpose single note (with midi thru)
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    7.1 knob note length gate
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

    Here are few ideas :-) any help would be awesome.

    Nice list. #2 is done on this thread in
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36604/learn-to-program-midi-by-typing-in-mozaic-scripts/p1

    There's a Knob Example there too and just using it for any of the listed variables would do the job.

    "Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating"

    @Description

    Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating - v 1.0

    @End

    @OnLoad
    
      // PPQN Settings (for repeated notes per Metronome Beat) allowed are 1,2,3,4,8,16,32
      // Just change the 4 below to any allowed option.
    
      SetMetroPPQN 4
    
    @End
    
    @OnMidiInput
    
      Log {MIDI Instruction+Channel: }, MIDIByte1, { Note: }, MIDIByte2, { Velocity: }, MIDIByte3
    
    @End
    
    @OnMetroPulse
    
      // Only happens when the DAWs Transport gets started
    
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 100
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 0, 100
    
    @End
    
  • To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it. The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon....

    I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox. A totally free app that is great and useful as is but with in app purchases to unlock advanced features and presets etc. Even if Apple doesn't let developers do free trial versions then maybe everyone should just have free version of app with key features locked out and use in app purchase to unlock it if you want to buy it.

    With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use

  • Cool, will check them out ;-)

    @McD said:

    @topaz said:
    It would be super cool to see simple building block examples for complete beginners to get started.

    Basic lines of code 1 to 4 knobs to start

    1.remap 1 cc to another
    2.simple note repeater
    3.transpose single note (no midi thru)
    4.transpose single note (with midi thru)
    5.1 knob swing
    6.1 knob note randomizer
    7.1 knob note length gate
    8.1 knob velocity fixer
    9.CC to prg changer

    Here are few ideas :-) any help would be awesome.

    Nice list. #2 is done on this thread in
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36604/learn-to-program-midi-by-typing-in-mozaic-scripts/p1

    There's a Knob Example there too and just using it for any of the listed variables would do the job.

    "Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating"

    @Description

    Example #3: Sample and Hold Repeating - v 1.0

    @End

    @OnLoad
    
      // PPQN Settings (for repeated notes per Metronome Beat) allowed are 1,2,3,4,8,16,32
      // Just change the 4 below to any allowed option.
    
      SetMetroPPQN 4
    
    @End
    
    @OnMidiInput
    
      Log {MIDI Instruction+Channel: }, MIDIByte1, { Note: }, MIDIByte2, { Velocity: }, MIDIByte3
    
    @End
    
    @OnMetroPulse
    
      // Only happens when the DAWs Transport gets started
    
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 100
      SendMidiOut MIDIByte1, MIDIByte2, 0, 100
    
    @End
    
  • @rms13 said:
    To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

    I'm sorry to hear that. Rather than an app that extracts money for extra features this one gives me new features at no cost. But I like:

    MIDI Generators (I have a dozen apps in this genre: Fugue, Riffer, Polyphase, etc.
    Personal GUI implementations - add knobs or pads to any existing MIDI Synth/Drum app
    MIDI "Flow" conversions - help for my 4 Button pedal. Make a button mean anything I can think of
    One-Finger to Chordal or Sequence engines
    Randomizing, Swing, MIDi Filtering apps

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it.

    Apple won't do that, IMHO. Like you say a developer can make the initial product free and many do.

    The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon.

    This model probably contributes to the intense focus on lower prices to lower the risks of your situation. Bought it and regret the purchase.

    I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox.

    Wow. A closed system with limited IAP content. No AUv3, IAA features for customization of
    functions or FX. Not unlike Gadget but as you say. Free to try.

    Roland XenBeats is a lot like this with more content but it adds the AUv3 and FX extensions
    like most DAW's.

    With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use.

    I'm sorry. I have hopes something will make this a good spend for you at some time. The Apple Store will keep a copy for you at anytime to re-download. For years.

    I wish I could help you but I'm not going to email you a gift card. Bad precedent to provide "Help". Caveat emptor. I have dozens of apps I will never use. I have that problem. New shiny apps just have my number.

  • wimwim
    edited January 14

    @rms13 said:
    To be fair/clear I voted "waste of my time and money" because there are only two black/white options for each question in the poll. More accurately I would say this is one of dozens of apps I've purchased to solve a problem/add a feature to my workflow but didn't really understand what the app was until I bought it and after months haven't really found a place for it in my workflow.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: iOS apps should have free trial periods even if it's like a 30 minute trial with limited capabilities to see what you are actually buying before you buy it. The way the App store is run is like being forced to buy everything site unseen off Amazon with a 100% no return policy and without even having a brick and mortar store like Walmart where I can go and touch the item before I order it off Amazon....

    I think Ampify has really nailed it with their model on Groovebox. A totally free app that is great and useful as is but with in app purchases to unlock advanced features and presets etc. Even if Apple doesn't let developers do free trial versions then maybe everyone should just have free version of app with key features locked out and use in app purchase to unlock it if you want to buy it.

    With all that said, I own all of Bram's apps except Troublemaker so far and love and use every one regularly except Mozaic so at the end of the day I don't mind throwing them a few extra dollars for an app I don't really use in exchange for all of the great reasonably priced ones I use

    Interesting. there's not a single script on patchstorage.com that makes it worthwhile for you? Even if you never write a line of code, there are dozens of scripts that do cool things.

    If not then maybe you can dream up an idea, propose it, and someone just might develop it for free. Perhaps that it's a waste is more a failure of the imagination than a failure of the app store or of the app. (I imply no criticism here ... only encouragement.)

  • @wim said:
    If not then maybe you can dream up an idea, propose it, and someone just might develop it for free. Perhaps that it's a waste is more a failure of the imagination than a failure of the app store or of the app. (I imply no criticism here ... only encouragement.)

    If he happy with a Groove Box he probably just needs that type of Live environment.
    If he ever wants to add external hardware controls then he might appreciate a script to
    save tweak a GUI on the iPad.

    My Akai MPK MKII mini should arrive tomorrow.

  • @McD said:

    @wim said:
    If not then maybe you can dream up an idea, propose it, and someone just might develop it for free. Perhaps that it's a waste is more a failure of the imagination than a failure of the app store or of the app. (I imply no criticism here ... only encouragement.)

    If he happy with a Groove Box he probably just needs that type of Live environment.
    If he ever wants to add external hardware controls then he might appreciate a script to
    save tweak a GUI on the iPad.

    My Akai MPK MKII mini should arrive tomorrow.

    I really appreciate the app Groove Box for what they give you for free and value if you spend to unlock it. It certainly has limitations and honestly I viewed it as a toy when I first downloaded it but as I've played around it's a pretty powerful tool especially for free. And I think it's $5.99 to unlock all of the synth editing and it's based on Novation synths so they really sound great. You get 3 really nice synths and a decent drum machine for free and then $5.99 if you want to edit parameters so that's a pretty good bargain and they keep adding useful features and are actively developing unlike a lot of apps I have spent a lot more money on who have basically abandoned. I have DAWs and synths that I paid over $20 for that haven't had updates in over a year and likely will never have another update. But I also get that $20 isn't the same as desktop VST prices so it's all relative.

    But my main tool these days is AUM which I use like a groove box hosting all of my Brambos apps and a few others. What I was really looking for with Mozaic was something that could sequence instruments and apply certain scale/key to them and maybe do some generative patterns. I don't use any hardware and I prefer programing stuff in sequencers and since I don't have piano/keyboard background and I have medicore music theory skills I'm always looking for ways to quickly come up with sequences that are in key to play back multiple synths. I already have the Rozeta suite which does a lot of what I want but I thought Mozaic would open some more options. I looked at Patch Storage last night and there are more interesting patches then last time I've looked but still nothing that compels me to use Mozaic over another app. There doesn't seem to be many Mozaic apps that will run a sequence without you having to interact in real time with it but I could be wrong. Since getting Mozaic I have got Step Poly Arp and Atom Piano Roll and both of those do almost everything I want combined with a few of the Rozeta apps

    I am in no way criticizing the app, Brambos or any devs making apps I'm just saying that this one app doesn't do anything for me right now and I don't like Apple's politics/business model for the app store that can force people to buy multiple apps to get one that they like. I'd be happy to pay $20 for every app I have bought that I actually use if I could try them out for 30 minutes before I buy them to see if it's something I actually want as opposed to buying a bunch of apps for $5 that I don't use. In that world I give a bigger amount of money to devs like Brambos that are making multiple great apps that I use all the time instead of giving small amounts of money to many devs that put out half assed apps and then abandon them

  • McDMcD
    edited January 15

    @rms13 said:
    What I was really looking for with Mozaic was something that could sequence instruments and apply certain scale/key to them and maybe do some generative patterns.

    Got it. Mozaic can do just that. You'll be glad you own it.

    You might not like the GUI. Mozaic has 4 layouts for a scripter to choose from.
    No piano roll possible.

    But Mozaic supports something like 14 scales.
    Keys are trivial with MIDI... just add/subtract notes value to transpose.
    Scripting generators is also easy with coding and the math functions @Brambos exposes.

    I triggered this music from a Mozaic script:

    and this one from the same script:

    and this one by putting Riffer into the Mozaic script (not my favorite):

    This one was generated by playing single notes on the AUM keyboard. About one new note every 4-5 seconds. The script knows it's chords and scales:

Sign In or Register to comment.