Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to increase the volume when connecting your midi controller to iPad?

Could you pls help me with this question?

I connected my midi keyboard to iPad via the lightning camera connector, to use the One Man Band ios.

To increase the volume and the sound quality, of course, I can connect the iPad to a portable bluetooth speaker.

The tricky thing is:

After connecting the iPad to the bluetooth speaker, I would like to hear the (louder) sound via my headphones during the night, when everyone sleeps.

But when I plugged in my headphones to the bluetooth speaker, I heard no sound.

So what should I do?

Thank you

Comments

• edited January 2020

No headphone jack? purchase Apple AirPods TM :(

I suspect the plug on your Bluetooth speaker is a line in, not a headphone jack.

Which iPad do you have? A friend got a new Pro and had to buy the weird breakout connector that goes usb C plug to headphone jack and usb C jack.

Or put the money toward a class compliant audio interface with midi. Some of them have USB host for plugging in USB midi controllers to the interface, and powering them.

• ^this is true

• @fantasyvn said:
    Could you pls help me with this question?

I connected my midi keyboard to iPad via the lightning camera connector, to use the One Man Band ios.

To increase the volume and the sound quality, of course, I can connect the iPad to a portable bluetooth speaker.

The tricky thing is:

After connecting the iPad to the bluetooth speaker, I would like to hear the (louder) sound via my headphones during the night, when everyone sleeps.

But when I plugged in my headphones to the bluetooth speaker, I heard no sound.

So what should I do?

Thank you

Curious to know, what set up/apps you use?

also from where do you get yourr files

I tried using this app live. FOund it unreliable

every once in a while , something would responding or stop working

When using live i used a pedal

as suggested above use purchase Apple AirPods ( very lesslatency)

• Thank you everyone for suggesting the Apple AirPods. I don't have this. But I will try the wireless headphones connected by Bluetooth, to see how it goes.

• To hisdudeness:

Regarding the One Man Band ios app, I have tested the app via:

1. The midi keyboad, with no built-in sound. As advised by the app author, I bought the Roland Canvas for ios to have the sounds.

In this method, I found that the app works, although admittedly sometimes the sounds do not come out on time.

1. The digital piano which has the built-in sounds.

This way, everything is really really good. Maybe because the piano already has its built-in sounds, there is no latency or lag.

• @fantasyvn said:
    To hisdudeness:

Regarding the One Man Band ios app, I have tested the app via:

1. The midi keyboad, with no built-in sound. As advised by the app author, I bought the Roland Canvas for ios to have the sounds.

In this method, I found that the app works, although admittedly sometimes the sounds do not come out on time.

1. The digital piano which has the built-in sounds.

This way, everything is really really good. Maybe because the piano already has its built-in sounds, there is no latency or lag.

Ok I was experimenting with style files