Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

bip-updated

edited February 2014 in General App Discussion

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bip/id580008573?mt=8

Features :

• microphone input : make your own samples directly inside bip

• generic sample importer : featuring trimming and naming of file

• pasteboard now uses generic sample import workflow

• support for "Open in..." for .wav files

• ios7 supported

• limiter added to the output bus for punchier over-all sound

Fixes :

• wave view rendering of envelope

• all pattern button

• first time run splash screen

Comments

• Too many drum machines! :)

• Not really a drum machine. Worth a look i reckon.

• Soz @thinds just watched a promo on YT but admittedly took off half way through.

• Yeh, the few vids available are pretty ordinary and don't really show it off too well. Would definitely benefit by being touched by the hand of Doug.

• This has been on my watch for sale list for almost a year!... Would love to see Doug's take on this .. I haven't found any user videos yet

• Not the most intuitive interface.

• @thinds

I've actually made a few min-breakthroughs with bip lately so maybe I can help. I created a clip in bip which I transferred through Drop and Audio Share to Sector and I've been having a blast chopping that up in the step sequencer (No warping yet).

I got stuck in bip for a while. Let me know!

• Is Dropbox the only way to get rendered files out? Or does it do audio copy/paste out? If this can render ready-loops and paste straight to Audioshare (for further processing in Sector) I'd get it now.

• Yes it will paste recordings straight into Audioshare. I had to also use Dropbox earlier because the beat I created in bip was on my phone and Sector is on my iPad of course

• Great, thanks

• @thinds said:

Not the most intuitive interface.

True, but I do like the way it looks. Apps are starting to get away from skeuomorphism, and I think the UI will be fun to use, once one gets used to it.

• This is a really good app, just needs a bit of work

• Once you have navigated the UI it's a great app. Worth a little effort. Doug's video is the best place to start.