Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Joc’s Mozaic script demos

edited January 2020 in Creations

Thought it might be useful to share how I intended for my recent Mozaic scripts to be used. They are designed to be used together and the idea was to provide similar functionality to Cycling74’s desktop app ‘M’. This allows the musician to generate sequences of notes where the rhythm, pitch, velocity, timing, length can be created as separate sequences.

For instance you could have a simple sequence of four note pitches and turn it into funking bass line by adding swing and another longer sequence of velocities.

This first video shows how to set the euclidean rhythm script going, adding notes to change the rhythm then adding the melody maker script to play pitches using that rhythm. Finally i go back and change the rhythm a couple of times to show how it changes the melodic sequence.

Scripts available at:

https://patchstorage.com/joc-euclidean-rhythm/

https://patchstorage.com/joc-melody-maker/

With more at:

https://patchstorage.com/author/jocphone/

I plan to produce more of these videos combining the scripts to show how it is possible to generate a whole range of musical styles and effects. Obviously i am a complete beginner in making these demos so all feedback is welcome.

Comments

• Yeah. I haven't watched yet but I will make the time soon and comment.
    You had me at "Euclidean". I love ethnic food. And Euclid is some tasty cuisine.

Oops. Never mind. That Euclid. The flower. Hard to grow? Hot house genre.

• @McD said:
    Yeah. I haven't watched yet but I will make the time soon and comment.
    You had me at "Euclidean". I love ethnic food. And Euclid is some tasty cuisine.

Oops. Never mind. That Euclid. The flower. Hard to grow? Hot house genre.

Thanks @McD this one is only a short introduction. I was testing out how difficult it is to get something recorded and up on YT. Hopefully i will get better at this with practice.

• edited January 2020

I thought for the next demo it would be good to show an example running in Audiobus.

In order to have several scripts running in parallel i want to push MIDI sequences from the first lane into all of the others, as in this picture:

Was able to do this with the AUv3 plugin MIDI Route but i wondered whether there was a way to do this with Audiobus itself?

• Cool thanks man!

• This demo shows drum sequencing with some of my Mozaic scripts. This time i am using Audiobus to host everything.

There were a couple of nice features that made this easy in Audiobus.

1. Saving a preset (a drum channel) allows you to immediately add that channel many times.
    2. Routing several Mozaic scripts in a single MIDI channel is mostly automatic and works like adding audio effects.

As always, feedback and comments welcome.