Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

My Workflow - How I make music with free apps on iOS.

Here's a short video of my iOS workflow. Planning on expanding my use of these apps on my channel while showing some unexpected ways of using them.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Comments

• Very nice!
    You might add Gadget LE as a free app with full sequencer, a number of free sampled instruments, a lot of drum sounds, a free, fully editable monosynthand finally full LINK and MIDI Sync capability.

• Well done - look forward to seeing more.

• Excellent video! This should inspire lots of cash strapped folks to keep creating...

• @rs2000 said:
    Very nice!
    You might add Gadget LE as a free app with full sequencer, a number of free sampled instruments, a lot of drum sounds, a free, fully editable monosynthand finally full LINK and MIDI Sync capability.

Great idea on Gadget LE. I use Gadget 2 in my workflow as well, and Gadget 2 LE is a great beginner recommendation.

• Nice! Good video, thanks for sharing.

We definitely have similar workflows. I still haven’t found a final stage that clicks. I use groovebox and blocs very similar to the way you do - maybe a bit heavier on the groovebox side. Then sometimes bring that into AUM for added effects or playing with AU synths or vocals & vocal effects ( matrix vocoder, Voloco, just bought the eventide 4 harmony thing last night. Love vocal effects )

So then I have all these stems and...I’m just not organized enough or not disciplined enough yet to pull everything in and make it into a finished song. I’ve used Cubasis 2 but had some crashes and issues when freezing a track just destroyed my project ( my fault for not saving but still hurts to loose so much work )

I am also very comfortable in garage band but i feel like the app is working against me often- duplicating everytime I merge a track and its such a pain in the ass to save a copy or stems

I realize these are mostly issues with myself don’t wanna sound like I’m blaming the apps!

Garageband is great because can edit on my phone. I am hoping: groove&blocs to AUM to Cubasis 3 l will be the best way forward but still waiting to pull the trigger.

Apologies for the mini rant, really dug the video. The workflow discussions are really interesting to me. Though I realize no solution is going to make the arrangements for you, at some
    Point we all gotta make music with what we got.

Very inspiring dude

• @LowMoses said:
    Nice! Good video, thanks for sharing.

We definitely have similar workflows. I still haven’t found a final stage that clicks. I use groovebox and blocs very similar to the way you do - maybe a bit heavier on the groovebox side. Then sometimes bring that into AUM for added effects or playing with AU synths or vocals & vocal effects ( matrix vocoder, Voloco, just bought the eventide 4 harmony thing last night. Love vocal effects )

So then I have all these stems and...I’m just not organized enough or not disciplined enough yet to pull everything in and make it into a finished song. I’ve used Cubasis 2 but had some crashes and issues when freezing a track just destroyed my project ( my fault for not saving but still hurts to loose so much work )

I am also very comfortable in garage band but i feel like the app is working against me often- duplicating everytime I merge a track and its such a pain in the ass to save a copy or stems

I realize these are mostly issues with myself don’t wanna sound like I’m blaming the apps!

Garageband is great because can edit on my phone. I am hoping: groove&blocs to AUM to Cubasis 3 l will be the best way forward but still waiting to pull the trigger.

Apologies for the mini rant, really dug the video. The workflow discussions are really interesting to me. Though I realize no solution is going to make the arrangements for you, at some
    Point we all gotta make music with what we got.

Very inspiring dude

@Low Moses - I hear your points loud and clear. You're a former that I seem to learn from as well.

Here's my recommendation for the "Duplicating issue" (and is a bit of a spoiler for my GarageBand videos). Try Multitrack DAW in GarageBand.
    Record what you like.
    Then put it back in GarageBand.

• Very nice to see your A to Z, inspiring keep rocking.

• Wow I've only used GrooveBox and got most the IAP, and can't wait for automation. But I never knew you could do this much with launchpad and blocs! Getting the pro features changes everything. I thought you could only use their samples and such. What amazing applications, and thanks so much for the inspiration! I'm blown away by these combinations. (I'm probably super late to this ampify party but better late than never!)

• I know for a fact I’m not alone because I’ve talked with many appoholics here, but since 2015 I’ve spent well over $1000 on iOS music production apps. Probably more like two grand, no joke.

Are some of those apps and tools fantastic and well worth the dough? Positively. But I love how @Samflash3 demonstrated how you can make excellent music with free apps. I agree, Blocs Wave opens up when you get the full version and the IAP’s, but you could make music on the free version all day.

Great video @Samflash3, really inspirational and great music to boot. That first groove with your vocals was brilliant, very cool.

• Excellent! Thank you so much for sharing.

• edited January 2020

@cuezaireekaa said:
    Wow I've only used GrooveBox and got most the IAP, and can't wait for automation. But I never knew you could do this much with launchpad and blocs! Getting the pro features changes everything. I thought you could only use their samples and such. What amazing applications, and thanks so much for the inspiration! I'm blown away by these combinations. (I'm probably super late to this ampify party but better late than never!)

@Jefe0820 @gusgranite @Toastedghost Thanks. Appreciate the comment.

@cuezaireekaa Yeah, it's pretty easy to miss how useful the apps are. Plus I didn't see any tutorials on it so I decided to make one. Going to be making more videos focused on creative ways of using these apps for a bit, then I'll expand my workflow with apps like Gadget LE (free version of Gadget), and BeatHawk, while maintaining these 4 core apps. > @rs2000 said:

Very nice!

I downloaded Gadget LE but it seems you can't use the audio unless you do a screen record. Tried IAA, AUv3, and Audiobus but no dice. Or am I missing something?

• @Samflash3 said:
    I downloaded Gadget LE but it seems you can't use the audio unless you do a screen record. Tried IAA, AUv3, and Audiobus but no dice. Or am I missing something?

True, it's a limited and self-contained app serving as a demo of what the full version can do.
    At least you can use it to learn, to find out if music is your thing (I do like to recommend it to kids with their iPhones), to learn about sound synthesis and to find out if Gadget is your thing.
    It can save and load songs though and IMHO as a sketching utility it works very well, to me it's the successor to the old free AUXY - not exactly as straightforward but almost.