Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal live

Comments

• edited January 2020

p.s.
    @kv331audio_bulent
    Just the suggestion.

This one is pretty nice, and enough for 12'9 (in my own opinion):

Maybe it is better to stay on it while the "large" UI is in progress?
    It is quite enough. I like it.

I mean, temporarily prevent from switch to the most extensive UI layout.

• edited January 2020

I really don’t mind about the layout of a synth which I use for designing sounds once in a while and it stays behind the scenes in projects most of the time (which is why I never bothered about colorful themes, empty spaces around the edges, etc). These are cosmetic issues and won’t change anything functionally. If it was a synth from Apple or Microsoft with bigger teams, we’ll... Or if it was Cubasis which is in the front end of projects, I wouldn’t be able to sleep :neutral:

• @MobileMusic said:
    I really don’t mind about the layout of a synth which I use for designing sounds once in a while and it stays behind the scenes in projects most of the time (which is why I never bothered about colorful themes, empty spaces around th edges, etc)

No one asks about the design and colors. Everything I need is access to all control elements. In the shortest possible way, if it is possible. That's all I need :)

• edited February 2020

@MobileMusic said:
    I really don’t mind about the layout of a synth which I use for designing sounds once in a while and it stays behind the scenes in projects most of the time (which is why I never bothered about colorful themes, empty spaces around the edges, etc). These are cosmetic issues and won’t change anything functionally. If it was a synth from Apple or Microsoft with bigger teams, we’ll... Or if it was Cubasis which is in the front end of projects, I wouldn’t be able to sleep :neutral:

Just blame it on Apple for launching various sizes of iPads and thereby messing up apps. For instance, the 10.5” iPad should never have been launched - there wasn’t much difference between 9.7 and 10.5. Next, 11” should have been 11.5” or 11.6” or 11.7” as a median between 9.7 and 12.9. As though all of that wasn’t enough, now they released 10.2” that brings too close to 11” :neutral: So going forward, 7.9”, 10.2”, 11” (widescreen) and 12.9” - there is no symmetry. In those mindless/silly design experiments, 9.7” and 10.5” got axed. All these various sizes resulted in apps being updated again and again.

I can’t stand the sight of how Pencil 1 is plugged into iPad perpendicularly with no simple cord - an accident waiting to happen - yuck!

Dark theme is a very basic need and should have been out of the iOS box in v1 or v2 a decade ago. Now all apps need to be “updated” for dark theme. It took them 12 years to introduce dark theme.

Yeah, they also released multitasking a bit late in v4 in 2010 for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3S needing the apps to be updated.

• @MobileMusic thank you very, very much for your thoughts!
    Sorry, but I don't sure the discussion turned the right way :neutral:

I don't want to "blame Apple" or someone because it is not productive.
    I have other AUv3 synths that fit their UI in the workspace.

Let me to clear some points:
    1. The product (SM One) was promoted. No one said "we aren't microsoft, we won't to hear feedback", right?
    2. The product was purchased (more than a year ago).
    3. It has some UI problems, which prevent me from using it properly. I keep it out of my projects for this reason.

Everything I do - I help developers to fix these problems. I guess that this will be useful for both sides. I believe it is a productive way.

I don't ask about new bells and whistles... All that I need - the UI fix for accessing all UI elements.

Let's make the discussion clear, please. It is just for a feedback. :wink:

• Synthmaster is full joy to program! But the AU parameters not showing up full/organized in BM3 is 😱, have years of BM3 and Synthmaster as my sketchpad. Hope you can give this a look after some rest.

• @bounce said:
    Synthmaster is full joy to program! But the AU parameters not showing up full/organized in BM3 is 😱, have years of BM3 and Synthmaster as my sketchpad. Hope you can give this a look after some rest.

@kv331audio_bulent

• Having a problem with the newest update where if I open it in AUM in auv3 and then maximize the screen window, the app crashes. Anyone else experience this?

• @sclurbs said:
    Having a problem with the newest update where if I open it in AUM in auv3 and then maximize the screen window, the app crashes. Anyone else experience this?

What is your iPad size/model?

• 2018 standard size

• edited January 2020

@sclurbs said:
    2018 standard size

Sorry for the note, but it is much more helpful to write out the full spec:

1. the ipad model: ( iPad Pro 2nd gen has 2 screen sizes: 11 inches and 12.9 inches., and there aro not only "Pro" models... )
    2. SynthMaster One - the version
    3. iOS / iPadOS version
    4. AUM (host) version

These details help a lot to eliminate bugs.

• Guess its just me experiencing crashes. Weird.

• @sclurbs said:
    Guess its just me experiencing crashes. Weird.

See note above asking for iPad model and os version. "Full-size" doesn't tell dev what iPad you have.

• @sclurbs said:

Not seeing any on 2019 iPad iOS 13.3

• @anickt said:

@sclurbs said:

@kv331audio_bulent
    SM1 (latest version) is crashing for me (iPad Gen 6; iOS 12.3.1), if I double-tap on the AUM's title bar to grow the window to max OR if I try to drag the window out to that size. I have analytics sent to send crash reports. Hopefully, you have received the 2 or 3 that were just generated.

Also, I can confirm that the Number of Voices popup menu that pops up when you tap on Polyphony has a max of 12 voices. 16 voices is not an option. This is tre in AU and standalone. The global polyphony popup also has a max of 12 voices.

• @espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@sclurbs said:

@kv331audio_bulent
    SM1 (latest version) is crashing for me (iPad Gen 6; iOS 12.3.1), if I double-tap on the AUM's title bar to grow the window to max OR if I try to drag the window out to that size. I have analytics sent to send crash reports. Hopefully, you have received the 2 or 3 that were just generated.

Also, I can confirm that the Number of Voices popup menu that pops up when you tap on Polyphony has a max of 12 voices. 16 voices is not an option. This is tre in AU and standalone. The global polyphony popup also has a max of 12 voices.

Just tried it on my Air 1. Will not load as AU in AUM. iOS 12.4.4. Loads as IAA.

I don’t care because the new iPad is my music machine. But FYI.

• @anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@sclurbs said:

@kv331audio_bulent

Just tried it on my Air 1. Will not load as AU in AUM. iOS 12.4.4. Loads as IAA.

You can max out the AU's window in AUM without a crash?

• @espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@sclurbs said:

@kv331audio_bulent

Only on new iPad 2019.

• @anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@anickt said:

@sclurbs said:

@kv331audio_bulent

Only on new iPad 2019.

What screen size?

• The right hand 1/3 of the synth is not viewable on iPod Touch 6 gen. iOS 12.4.4. This is the same for the universal app and the iPhone app.

• Hi @kv331audio_bulent , I hear your frustration about sales on iOS and wanted to say that I only bought the desktop version because I had the iOS one. I’d seen copious ads for it but somehow hadn’t felt tempted until I got to actually use it. Then there was little hesitation.

I know this is just an anecdote but there must be other desktop sales that were driven by an iOS sale.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@AudioGus said:
    I really hope this can be fixed with existing automation as I was in the process of exporting all of my BM3 sessions for mixing. I have pretty much been using Synthmaster One in BM3 nonstop since it came out and now everything is unusable.

DAWs are supposed to store parameter IDs, not indexes. I'll check this issue after returning home from NAMM.

My stomach hurts!

I just want to get automation back so I can export all my BM3 sessions as stems and then breath again. Ack, I should have tested the update better on my burner iPad.

Any ideas? Theories? Hope?

My stomach hurts!

• @espiegel123 said:

That is a bug. will be fixed in the next update.

• edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:

The DAW is storing parameter infos by index, instead of id. That's totally incorrect. I'll test this next week. I'm flying back from LAX today (at Heathrow right now)

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@AudioGus said:

The DAW is storing parameter infos by index, instead of id. That's totally incorrect. I'll test this next week. I'm flying back from LAX today (at Heathrow right now)

Great, thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it! I sure hope this doesn’t mean a BM3 update is needed as who knows if/when they come around.

• @AudioGus said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@AudioGus said:

Great, thanks for the insight, I really appreciate it! I sure hope this doesn’t mean a BM3 update is needed as who knows if/when they come around.

Make sure to report the bug over on the BM3 forum or by emailing the dev.

• edited January 2020

@espiegel123 said:

@AudioGus said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@AudioGus said:

Make sure to report the bug over on the BM3 forum or by emailing the dev.

Yes, i did start a thread there. Condolences were offered.

'Strangely' I am finding myself using NS2 more and more this past week. (thoughtful chin scratchy emoji)

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@AudioGus said:

It’s weird that apps still use Index or Description instead of row/app ID for reference. Index is just a position in the array and Description is just a label (may also get duplicated across rows/apps) that can change over time and break apps that use them but ID is unique and constant in an app that never changes. The purpose of ID is always for guaranteed unique reference (as many here know).

This discussion has been closed.