Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal live

Comments

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@DaveMagoo said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

I cannot get Midi CC 74 to map to the filter cut offs and work... every other CC mapping seems to map ok...any idea why....this is the same for SynthMaster Player...very odd...

Under Setting, there's a button "CC74 -> CC1", just turn it off. This is by default on, so CC74 becomes CC1.

I tried that but it did not work But I did get some wierdness where the knob when a bit wild and then stopped once I changed preset and also this option is not on SynthMaster Player...any other advice?

• @DaveMagoo said:
    I tried that but it did not work But I did get some wierdness where the knob when a bit wild and then stopped once I changed preset and also this option is not on SynthMaster Player...any other advice?

Are you sending CC74 from an MPE device? If so please set the MIDI Input Channel to MPE

• edited January 2020

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Just to confirm double confirm, I did just hit the download even at 14.99 and, yes, got nervous when I then had to enter password etc and got the the 'bing you bought it' sound but then up popped the 'you've already paid for this one sucker' message. All good.

Thanks.

Is that a temporary issue? I mean, at some point the price tag will become a cloud icon to doenload the universal version on the iphone?

I trust you, but it's still a bit scary.

Edited: Finally, I've installed it via iTunes. Still, screen seems cropped on my iPhone 5SE.

@DaveMagoo said:

Are you sending CC74 from an MPE device? If so please set the MIDI Input Channel to MPE

No, I’m using the Roland A-01 to send midi CC over Bluetooth LE

• edited January 2020

I‘ve got SynthMaster One a long time ago for my iPad. Now it should be universal. Why I have to pay, when I try to download on my iPhone 7 Plus? Anyone else?

• edited January 2020

• @Iskander said:
    I‘ve got Synthmaster One a long time ago for my iPad. Now it should be universal. Why I have to pay, when I try to download on my iPhone 7 Plus? Anyone else?

You don't have to pay. Please see the notes about this earlier in the thread.

@anickt said:
    @kv331audio_bulent So when all is said and done how many presets should I have including the Desktop Upgrade? I am showing 1289 total.

Yep, that's the correct number.

I’m at 1283. Hmm

• @AudioGus said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Here is a NEW VIDEO showing the dial bug on...

IPad Pro 10.5 - ios 13.3 in Garageband
    ipad Mini 2 - ios 12.2 in Aum

At the end of the video (sponsored by Aero Mini’s) I show that moving the dial very very slowly avoids the bug. It is completely unusable at this speed of course but maybe it helps to get the bug fixed. Cheers!

Looks like SM1 is looking for vertical movement. I found that horizontal movements would sometimes cause this issue but vertical never.

• edited January 2020

• @fjcblanco said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Just to confirm double confirm, I did just hit the download even at 14.99 and, yes, got nervous when I then had to enter password etc and got the the 'bing you bought it' sound but then up popped the 'you've already paid for this one sucker' message. All good.

Thanks.

Is that a temporary issue? I mean, at some point the price tag will become a cloud icon to doenload the universal version on the iphone?

I trust you, but it's still a bit scary.

Edited: Finally, I've installed it via iTunes. Still, screen seems cropped on my iPhone 5SE.

You see the cloud icon only if you downloaded it and delete it in the past.

Due to an AppStore flawed functionality, it scares users with a dialog to buy it again while downloading a universal app for the first time on another device. If you have already bought it once, it won't charge you again on another device of yours.

• Enjoying SM One now that most of the UI works correctly in the release @kv331audio_bulent congrats on the release.

I have one small bug report. If i change the vlfo to global it crashes every time in AUM. Lost an excellent sounding patch when i found that defect. Some apps allow to restore last unsaved settings after a crash. Any chance SM1 coukd do this in a future version?

Also, where do i find in app purchases?

• edited January 2020

@Jocphone said:
    Enjoying SM One now that most of the UI works correctly

Are you experiencing any issues rotating dials with less than perfectly vertical movement when using it as an AU as a minimized half height UI (if this question makes sense)?

• edited January 2020

@anickt said:

@AudioGus said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Here is a NEW VIDEO showing the dial bug on...

IPad Pro 10.5 - ios 13.3 in Garageband
    ipad Mini 2 - ios 12.2 in Aum

At the end of the video (sponsored by Aero Mini’s) I show that moving the dial very very slowly avoids the bug. It is completely unusable at this speed of course but maybe it helps to get the bug fixed. Cheers!

>

Looks like SM1 is looking for vertical movement. I found that horizontal movements would sometimes cause this issue but vertical never.

Yah for me the reason I always intuitively move to the side right away is to be able to see the dial. If I stick to just vertical movement my finger completely obscures it. Now you have to go vertical, wait for a few beats and then move to the side. So clunky. It was much better and quicker before with zero ‘dial bail’ just like in fullscreen. Gah, this will be so painful if it isn’t resolved.

• @AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

Are you experiencing any issues rotating dials with less than perfectly vertical movement when using it as an AU as a minimized half height UI (if this question makes sense)?

If you mean when the AU window is half height, no i just tried all the dials and saw no issues.

• edited January 2020

@Jocphone said:

@AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

If you mean when the AU window is half height, no i just tried all the dials and saw no issues.

Do you try rotating the dial horizontally or diagonally, comparing half and full height? For me it often cuts out when it is at half height.

• @Jocphone said:
    where do i find in app purchases?

IAPs are accessible from the Preset Browser (currently, only Desktop Library is meant for SM1 - more libraries coming this year for SM1)

• I know this was a problem when sm1 first come out but when scrolling presets it has a mind of its own and continues scrolling and can’t stop it

• are we going to get some ambient / down tempo ish sound packs? soundscapes/drones/plucks / more interesting zoney lush pads

• @reasOne said:
    are we going to get some ambient / down tempo ish sound packs? soundscapes/drones/plucks / more interesting zoney lush pads

Seconded.

• edited January 2020

Yes hopefully some the preset makers from here do a pack someday. Like spider..

• @AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

@AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

Do you try rotating the dial horizontally or diagonally, comparing half and full height? For me it often cuts out when it is at half height.

Ah i see what you mean @AudioGus I usually drag them up and down With no issue. But if i drag more horizontally thEn it gets a bit jittery. You know what the answer to that is..? :wink:

• @MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

IAPs are accessible from the Preset Browser (currently, only Desktop Library is meant for SM1 - more libraries coming this year for SM1)

Thanks @MobileMusic found with your help. I don’t use presets that often but it feels right to bung the dev a few coppers after their recent effort on this and for engaging with the forum so well.

• @Jocphone said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

Thanks @MobileMusic found with your help. I don’t use presets that often but it feels right to bung the dev a few coppers after their recent effort on this and for engaging with the forum so well.

Saying that, there are some excellent sounding presets in the desktop expansion pack. Will have to dig in and find out how they are put together. This is a really top notch sounding synth.

• edited January 2020

@anickt said:

Our knobs and sliders have always worked with vertical movement and this hasn't change since day one. If you move away from the control in x axis while changing its value that's used for fine adjusting the value.

• This discussion was created from comments split from: SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal Public Beta available.
  • edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@anickt said:

Our knobs and sliders have always worked with vertical movement and this hasn't change since day one. If you move away from the control in x axis while changing its value that's used for fine adjusting the value.

OK I get it. Vertical movement only is coarse adjustment. Once the control is active (circle appears) you can move your finger off of it to see it moving as long as you’re moving only one direction at a time. Moving slowly in X direction while also moving vertically up or down (kind of a slow diagonal motion) is for fine adjustment. Feedback for value is in the window top center below the current preset name. Makes perfect sense to me now. One thing that’s missing in a couple of places is the ability to set a knob to default. LFO and Env Amt in Filters and Velocity on Envelopes. Thanks @kv331audio_bulent

PS - there are some places where it would be nice to be able to enter a value directly rather than have to drag which can be fiddly if you’re trying to hit an exact value. I’m thinking mostly of any place that involves tuning.

• @anickt said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@anickt said:

OK I get it. Vertical movement only is coarse adjustment. Once the control is active (circle appears) you can move your finger off of it to see it moving as long as you’re moving only one direction at a time. Moving slowly in X direction while also moving vertically up or down (kind of a slow diagonal motion) is for fine adjustment. Feedback for value is in the window top center below the current preset name. Makes perfect sense to me now. One thing that’s missing in a couple of places is the ability to set a knob to default. LFO and Env Amt in Filters and Velocity on Envelopes. Thanks @kv331audio_bulent

PS - there are some places where it would be nice to be able to enter a value directly rather than have to drag which can be fiddly if you’re trying to hit an exact value. I’m thinking mostly of any place that involves tuning.

I agree that it would be useful to be able to set knobs to a numeric value. I find it difficult to get modulation knobs to 0 for filters for instance.

• edited January 2020

@Jocphone said:

@AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

@AudioGus said:

@Jocphone said:

Ah i see what you mean @AudioGus I usually drag them up and down With no issue. But if i drag more horizontally thEn it gets a bit jittery. You know what the answer to that is..? :wink:

It is clearly broken then and they need to fix it. i spent two years building up a muscle memory using this thing while walking around etc. Select dial, move finger to the side, select dial, move finger to the side. There is no way I can just update my UI dial habits that smoothly, particularly considering every other iOS synth on the planet does not break the connection to the dial, ever.

This discussion has been closed.