Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spectrum Updated! (0.65 - Jan 2020)

13»

Comments

• edited January 2020

Hey thx for responding. Ive lowered the txt on the ipad air3 and it fits proper now.
    Great app👍🏼

@burns_audio said:
    @hibjshop do you have larger text enabled? What locale is your phone set to? I'm not sure why some content is underlined and the text doesn't fit properly on your device otherwise.

• @hibjshop said:
    Hey thx for responding. Ive lowered the txt on the ipad air3 and it fits proper now.
    Great app👍🏼

@burns_audio said:
    @hibjshop do you have larger text enabled? What locale is your phone set to? I'm not sure why some content is underlined and the text doesn't fit properly on your device otherwise.

You shouldn't have to adjust your text size. Next update I'll use fixed sizes.

• @burns_audio Great thanks i’ll be awaiting, since using it often, it is a bit visually annoying ha

• This is the most recent thread I could think of... maybe I should have opened a new one... just a quick note, if you switch from bluetooth to lightning output, or vice versa , maybe any audio output mid session - spectrum takes a nosedive. Accidentally found this out while trying to play around using a BT speaker plugged in, but my phone decided to switch to BT and in AUM the AUv3 got the red lines over it.

It's a pretty fringe case, exiting out of AUM and going back in fixed everything, but I can reliably crash spectrum every time switching the output mode. Just throwing it out there :) @burns_audio

• @iammane thanks for letting me know, it's a case I've never tried. Do you know offhand if the sample rate is changing?

• @burns_audio said:
    @iammane thanks for letting me know, it's a case I've never tried. Do you know offhand if the sample rate is changing?

Oh man, maybe... I’m not sure how to tell. I don’t doubt it though because I’m pretty sure Bluetooth isn’t running at same sample rate as like a pair of headphones or a wired speaker

• soooo.. this ones been out a while 😎
    any one made any presets wanna share

i’ve really been digging into it recently and gotta say it is replacing a lot of other synths since it’s so versatile

• @reasOne said:
    soooo.. this ones been out a while 😎

i’ve really been digging into it recently and gotta say it is replacing a lot of other synths since it’s so versatile

I got mirack because of MI plugins but I always end up with Spectrum. My fav is resonator but never do presets. Always start from scratch. It’s so rewarding!

• @despego said:

@reasOne said:

I got mirack because of MI plugins but I always end up with Spectrum. My fav is resonator but never do presets. Always start from scratch. It’s so rewarding!

absolutely in mirack just go from scratch ! mirack is my fav app for sure...something about the spectrum apps makes me wanna start with presets for some reason, the thing sounds amazing but the module is more instant gratification to me and seems less complex to work thru

• well dagnabbit

• @reasOne said:

I was about to start making presets and then I got distracted.

I've done a few projects using them and I saved
    those sessions as templates for the future.

I tend to use them in AUM alongside dRambo.

They are plenty fun.

• I still wish it was possible to manually type in values in Spectrum, it’s super annoying when fine tuning a values only to see it change when lifting the finger, arghhhhhh!

And in the recent updates it’s not possible to hide the (for me) useless X&Y pad to make the knobs bigger...(by scaling the UI).

Still a very fun and usable synth it is.

• @Samu said:
    I still wish it was possible to manually type in values in Spectrum, it’s super annoying when fine tuning a values only to see it change when lifting the finger, arghhhhhh!

And in the recent updates it’s not possible to hide the (for me) useless X&Y pad to make the knobs bigger...(by scaling the UI).

Still a very fun and usable synth it is.

could be cool to hide the xy pad, i’ve never been an xy guy on anything, that’s why i sold my korg kaosillator thing in one day of having it lol

• Just released an update that should fix Spectrum not rendering audio when offline rendering on some hosts, and fix some crashes.

As well, I added Samu's feature request.. double tap the knob to manually enter a value with the keyboard :)

No further updates planned at this time.. I am spending all my time working on my next project, a web-based DAW with google-docs like multiplayer and third party plugin support, https://sequencer.party. Chrome or Firefox is required at this time unfortunately so no iOS support yet.

• @burns_audio said:
    Just released an update that should fix Spectrum not rendering audio when offline rendering on some hosts, and fix some crashes.

As well, I added Samu's feature request.. double tap the knob to manually enter a value with the keyboard :)

No further updates planned at this time.. I am spending all my time working on my next project, a web-based DAW with google-docs like multiplayer and third party plugin support, https://sequencer.party. Chrome or Firefox is required at this time unfortunately so no iOS support yet.

Awesome, @burns_audio ! I’ve never seen those bugs but it's good to know they're fixed! On the other hand, I’ve never been able to trigger anything in Granular with the “note” input (equivalent to sending a trigger to the trig input in clouds). Is there a trick to it or is it broken? Thanks!! The web-based daw project sounds fascinating!

• edited August 2021

@dvi said:
    Awesome, @burns_audio ! I’ve never seen those bugs but it's good to know they're fixed! On the other hand, I’ve never been able to trigger anything in Granular with the “note” input (equivalent to sending a trigger to the trig input in clouds). Is there a trick to it or is it broken? Thanks!!

Patch Note into Frequency with a depth of 1.0 in the mod matrix. Just tried it, it works :)

You still need to set Density or set another source to Trigger mod destination to actually trigger grains. I thought there was a MIDI gate mod source but I don't see it so I must have imagined that. I'll add an issue but no timeline for releasing that.

The web DAW already has a functioning port of Spectrum: Modal, and the other Mutable ports are not far behind :)

• @burns_audio said:

@dvi said:
    Awesome, @burns_audio ! I’ve never seen those bugs but it's good to know they're fixed! On the other hand, I’ve never been able to trigger anything in Granular with the “note” input (equivalent to sending a trigger to the trig input in clouds). Is there a trick to it or is it broken? Thanks!!

Patch Note into Frequency with a depth of 1.0 in the mod matrix. Just tried it, it works :)

You still need to set Density or set another source to Trigger mod destination to actually trigger grains. I thought there was a MIDI gate mod source but I don't see it so I must have imagined that. I'll add an issue but no timeline for releasing that.

The web DAW already has a functioning port of Spectrum: Modal, and the other Mutable ports are not far behind :)

Ah, I see, note is CV; I was indeed looking for MIDI gate mod source, so “note” was the one closest to it. I would love it if it was added but of course no rush. Thanks for replying!

• @burns_audio said:
    Just released an update that should fix Spectrum not rendering audio when offline rendering on some hosts, and fix some crashes.

TOTALLY picking this up again. I still woulda paid money for this, but glad you've got a new project in the works! All the best man

• @burns_audio Also, version I see in App Store is 0.66, when update comes thru it'll be 0.67??

• @icsleepers said:
    @burns_audio Also, version I see in App Store is 0.66, when update comes thru it'll be 0.67??

0.7. I released it this morning, App Store can take up to 24 hours to release it globally so hopefully you see it soon

• Awesome, again kudos to you man I STILL say this is my favorite app released in recent years...