Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats 1.1 bug list

12346»

Comments

• I’d go through the support link and tell them that way. I usually hear back from Ramon within a day or two. Since my iPad is 44.1 I don’t have any issues. Seems there have been problems with other apps as well. I remember some with NS2 and 44.1 vs 48 devices.

• @anickt said:
    I’d go through the support link and tell them that way. I usually hear back from Ramon within a day or two. Since my iPad is 44.1 I don’t have any issues. Seems there have been problems with other apps as well. I remember some with NS2 and 44.1 vs 48 devices.

Yes I contacted them. Sad Face.

• Is there any .pdf manual out?

With all the tricks and midi routing/settings this Daw needs a proper manual...

• @Sergiu said:
    Is there any .pdf manual out?

With all the tricks and midi routing/settings this Daw needs a proper manual...

They are working on it. 😀

• I thought I would open this up after reading this thread. Crashing on plugin scan for me. Will check in again after next update.

• @gusgranite said:
    I thought I would open this up after reading this thread. Crashing on plugin scan for me. Will check in again after next update.

Gus just do scan for new. I got through 240 plugins with Kaspar the only one crashing.

@gusgranite

• edited May 2020

I think the devs should warn users that Zenbeats may crash during scanning and prompt them to perform scan for new until all plugins are added in the database .
    PS. It’s normal ,but no1 reason people think it’s buggy .

Of topic , I think Reaper DAW used to behave like that .

• @Korakios said:
    I think the devs should warn users that Zenbeats may crash during scanning and prompt them to perform scan for new until all plugins are added in the database .

I’ve seen plug-ins cause problems with a number of applications. Certain audio plug-ins have caused issues for me with FCPX for instance.

The update for Zenbeats has scanned all of my AU’s with no issues where it didn’t work properly in the previous version.

• @onerez said:

@gusgranite said:
    I thought I would open this up after reading this thread. Crashing on plugin scan for me. Will check in again after next update.

Gus just do scan for new. I got through 240 plugins with Kaspar the only one crashing.

@gusgranite

Scan all crashes every time when it hits Kaspar AU. When I removed that app, I could complete a scan all every time.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@Korakios said:

I think they're focusing on fixing it completely rather than going the workaround route. Except for Kaspar AU, there are no other plugins that I've heard crash the full scan. I'm sure the developers would very much like to know if there are others.

On another note: Trying to load MultiTrack Recorder AU crashes Zenbeats 100% of the time. Not that anyone would need to run MTR normally in Zenbeats, but I was testing which plugins don't show their parameters, and that issue came up. Reported to ZB tech support.

• Good idea to report through the support link in the app. I get email response in not more than 48 hours and typically much less.

• @anickt said:
    Good idea to report through the support link in the app. I get email response in not more than 48 hours and typically much less.

yep.

• @wim said:

@anickt said:
    Good idea to report through the support link in the app. I get email response in not more than 48 hours and typically much less.

yep.

I figured you were already on top of that but just threw it out there for all to see.

• @wim said:

@onerez said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite

Scan all crashes every time when it hits Kaspar AU. When I removed that app, I could complete a scan all every time.

Why remove Kaspar? Do a scan for new after crashing on scan all
    I don’t think ZenBeats will ever stop crashing on scan all option , since new AUs will always come and some of them will not be compatible (until bug fix )

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

@onerez said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite

I don’t think ZenBeats will ever stop crashing on scan all option , since new AUs will always come and some of them will not be compatible (until bug fix )

To verify the issue and report to the developer. Bugs don’t get fixed in a vacuum. Also, who knows what else may have been left behind in a scan for new. I originally wanted to see a) if other plugins caused a crash, and b) whether or not that was the cause of many apps not showing their parameters.

Shortcuts are fine, but sometimes taking extra time to help developers out doesn’t hurt either. They’re not going to be able to test every plugin out there.

Removing Kaspar was no loss because I have no presets to lose and could just put it back after the test.

I disagree that the bugs with scanning will go on forever. If other hosts can manage, Zenbeats will eventually figure out what they’re doing differently and eliminate the issues.

• edited May 2020

@wim said:

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

@onerez said:

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite

To verify the issue and report to the developer. Bugs don’t get fixed in a vacuum. Also, who knows what else may have been left behind in a scan for new. I originally wanted to see a) if other plugins caused a crash, and b) whether or not that was the cause of many apps not showing their parameters.

Shortcuts are fine, but sometimes taking extra time to help developers out doesn’t hurt either. They’re not going to be able to test every plugin out there.

Removing Kaspar was no loss because I have no presets to lose and could just put it back after the test.

I disagree that the bugs with scanning will go on forever. If other hosts can manage, Zenbeats will eventually figure out what they’re doing differently and eliminate the issues.

Are you still getting crashes on scan after the latest update?

• @wim said:

Well , I find it a normal process, sure I’d prefer not to crash , but simply exclude the problematic AU and add it to a quarantine list until it’s fixed .
    But I prefer a million times to crash on AU detection ,rather than crashing while working on a project (when adding an AU)

• edited May 2020

Deleted