Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats 1.1 bug list

Comments

• @Korakios said:

@wim said:
    Uh oh. Show AU plugin parameters isn’t working. 😬

Confirmed

Same here

• @anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

Confirmed

Same here

Hang tight for a patch on this one. After iOS 13.4, we had several issues with plugins crashing upon displaying parameters. Most plugins will have this feature disabled until a fix is implemented tested.

• @MatthewAtZenbeats have you been able to address the problem of Zenbeats changing the file type of sfz files to an audio format (this screws up the AudioLayer sfz import) as I don’t want to install it again on my other iPads since the update didn’t change anything on the iPad with Zenbeats installed?

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@anickt said:

@Korakios said:

@wim said:

Confirmed

Same here

Hang tight for a patch on this one. After iOS 13.4, we had several issues with plugins crashing upon displaying parameters. Most plugins will have this feature disabled until a fix is implemented tested.

Nice job today! Anyone with even the slightest amount of interest in Zenbeats should attend a session. I learn something new every time! Like I knew SampleVerse is killer but the ability to draw and mix LFO and Oscillator waveforms that you showed today is killer! Thanks!

https://www.roland.com/us/roland_cloud_academy/zenbeats/

• Anyone having issues editing midi in the pattern editor in the new update? I started my first new project last night since the update rolled out. I'm working in the timeline view and I've been having an lot of issues editing notes inside patterns. I wasn't able to resize notes, when selecting multiple notes the options to delete, copy, cut would be greyed out so I couldn't do anything. Seems inconsistent and fully quitting the app and going back and deleting pattern and making a new one seems to fix it. But I've also had weirdness in the timeline resizing patterns and the beginning of the timeline not displaying on screen (cutting off the first 4 bars). I've been able to solve most of it by quitting and restarting the app but issues seem to pop back up for me

• Anyone know how I can use midi effects in Zenbeats? I recall doing it once but I jacked the software in because it seemed rubbish. With the new updates it seems much, much better. One problem, though: I can't work out how to use midi effects! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• @audio_DT said:
    Anyone know how I can use midi effects in Zenbeats? I recall doing it once but I jacked the software in because it seemed rubbish. With the new updates it seems much, much better. One problem, though: I can't work out how to use midi effects! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Take a look at the pictures on
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34795/roland-zenbeats-by-roland-corporation-auv3/p31

@rms13 said:
    Anyone having issues editing midi in the pattern editor in the new update? I started my first new project last night since the update rolled out. I'm working in the timeline view and I've been having an lot of issues editing notes inside patterns. I wasn't able to resize notes, when selecting multiple notes the options to delete, copy, cut would be greyed out so I couldn't do anything. Seems inconsistent and fully quitting the app and going back and deleting pattern and making a new one seems to fix it. But I've also had weirdness in the timeline resizing patterns and the beginning of the timeline not displaying on screen (cutting off the first 4 bars). I've been able to solve most of it by quitting and restarting the app but issues seem to pop back up for me

I did have an issue , the editor was completely frozen , but I did a soft reset on my ipad and relaunched Zenbeats

• @Korakios said:

@audio_DT said:
    Anyone know how I can use midi effects in Zenbeats? I recall doing it once but I jacked the software in because it seemed rubbish. With the new updates it seems much, much better. One problem, though: I can't work out how to use midi effects! Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/34795/roland-zenbeats-by-roland-corporation-auv3/p31

Thank you! This has rescued me from eternal confusion. I'm getting into this app a bit. It still seems a bit unstable but I love the Ableton-style live thingy.

• @Korakios said:

@audio_DT said:

@rms13 said:
    Anyone having issues editing midi in the pattern editor in the new update? I started my first new project last night since the update rolled out. I'm working in the timeline view and I've been having an lot of issues editing notes inside patterns. I wasn't able to resize notes, when selecting multiple notes the options to delete, copy, cut would be greyed out so I couldn't do anything. Seems inconsistent and fully quitting the app and going back and deleting pattern and making a new one seems to fix it. But I've also had weirdness in the timeline resizing patterns and the beginning of the timeline not displaying on screen (cutting off the first 4 bars). I've been able to solve most of it by quitting and restarting the app but issues seem to pop back up for me

I did have an issue , the editor was completely frozen , but I did a soft reset on my ipad and relaunched Zenbeats

Seems like any new install of any app benefits from a full re-start these days. Kind of like using a computer. 😆 I’m pretty sure that’s after recent iOS updates.

• Ok. Every time I open LayR multi out... crash! I have restarted iPad Pro and still crashes. I can open the single out version ok, but not multi.

• Ok this is odd, I just installed layr on iPhone 11 and it opens fine. Ughhhhhhhh

• I'm still seeing weirdness trying to copy, paste, move or edit patterns in the timeline after restarting my iPad. Today I was trying to copy and paste patterns and after I move a pattern it would jump back to the previous position as soon as I tapped someplace else. Here's an example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4tqnr5elf0yyeq4/RPReplay_Final1589401128.MP4?dl=0

Quitting the app and going back in seems to fix it. I guess I'll submit this to Roland support

• @rms13 said:
    I'm still seeing weirdness trying to copy, paste, move or edit patterns in the timeline after restarting my iPad. Today I was trying to copy and paste patterns and after I move a pattern it would jump back to the previous position as soon as I tapped someplace else. Here's an example:

Quitting the app and going back in seems to fix it. I guess I'll submit this to Roland support

If you’re copy/pasting or dragging in one track you have to make sure your finger stays within the boundaries of the track when you release. The only time what you describe happens to me is when I go outside the boundaries of the track before the operation is finished.

• Maybe it’s been noted but here is one: reopening a project with Sampleverse = Sampleverse muted

• @anickt said:

@rms13 said:
    I'm still seeing weirdness trying to copy, paste, move or edit patterns in the timeline after restarting my iPad. Today I was trying to copy and paste patterns and after I move a pattern it would jump back to the previous position as soon as I tapped someplace else. Here's an example:

If you’re copy/pasting or dragging in one track you have to make sure your finger stays within the boundaries of the track when you release. The only time what you describe happens to me is when I go outside the boundaries of the track before the operation is finished.

I keep it in the boundaries until I release it. When I click on the next clip the other one jumps back. After I quit the app and relaunch it it works normally. It's intermittent

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Maybe it’s been noted but here is one: reopening a project with Sampleverse = Sampleverse muted

Cannot replicate. Never had this happen. What iOS/platform?

• @anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:
    Maybe it’s been noted but here is one: reopening a project with Sampleverse = Sampleverse muted

Yeah me neither I have never had that one happen hopefully can get it sorted out

• edited May 2020

@anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Current iOS, 10.5 pro

Might be specific to these conditions: Autosave then the “do you want to continue working on etc?”
    And the lead preset “Collision”

• @Littlewoodg said:

@anickt said:

@Littlewoodg said:

Current iOS, 10.5 pro

Might be specific to these conditions: Autosave then the “do you want to continue working on etc?”
    And the lead preset “Collision”

I only got “do you want to continue...” when I dumped ZB without saving. Then it opened a project called Autosave and I had re-name it in order for me to make sense of what I was doing. Maybe it’s just a matter of saving as you go so you open the most recent version next time you start up? I’m in the habit of starting a project and then saving with a unique name. Then I open that specific project or start a new one next time.

• edited May 2020

Hey all.... any of you have this issue? When I close or exit zenbeats, it does not really close out....

@MatthewAtZenbeats

Edit. Also does same on phone.

• @onerez said:
    Hey all.... any of you have this issue? When I close or exit zenbeats, it does not really close out....

@MatthewAtZenbeats

Edit. Also does same on phone.

By habit I usually close out of any app by saving whatever I’m doing and double clicking the home button and swiping up. If I exit ZB from the home menu (where it asks if you “really want to exit”) it will do what you’re seeing. Are you doing the class today? Nice to see @MatthewAtZenbeats and Travis on the Discord. These guys are committed!

• @anickt yes that is my normal process. I always like a clean slate with only what I’m going to use.

• I think the exit button is just an artifact from the other versions where it actually does something. There are other UI anomalies like this (such as the Quarantined Plugins, which is inapplicable to the iOS version). I don't think iOS apps can actually shut themselves down. Force-quit is the only way.

I always follow this with clearing the memory as well out of habit. I'm convinced I have many fewer problems with music apps than many people for this reason.

• edited May 2020

@wim said:
    I think the exit button is just an artifact from the other versions where it actually does something. There are other UI anomalies like this (such as the Quarantined Plugins, which is inapplicable to the iOS version). I don't think iOS apps can actually shut themselves down. Force-quit is the only way.

I always follow this with clearing the memory as well out of habit. I'm convinced I have many fewer problems with music apps than many people for this reason.

Agreed - a fresh start cures a lot of issues

• Ok so this is getting to be a bit on my nerves..... So did what @MatthewAtZenbeats suggested about un checking the force 44.1. Now when ever I try to load FAC Alteza it crashes every single time!!!! So go back in and check 44.1 and I can get it to load but the other items wont work.... so what do I set the plugin compatibility at??? I tried on Alteza to force it to 44.1 and crash........

Anyone?

• @onerez said:
    Ok so this is getting to be a bit on my nerves..... So did what @MatthewAtZenbeats suggested about un checking the force 44.1. Now when ever I try to load FAC Alteza it crashes every single time!!!! So go back in and check 44.1 and I can get it to load but the other items wont work.... so what do I set the plugin compatibility at??? I tried on Alteza to force it to 44.1 and crash........

Anyone?

Are you on a 48k device? I don’t have this issue but I’m on a 2019 iPad which is 44.1.

• Yes iPad Pro 3rd gen.

• Does this help?

• @anickt I tried once and it crashed. I’m out for a few hours to hustle some money on the golf course so I can pay for all this shit I buy. Lol.

Will check later. Thanks for the help!!!

• @anickt no luck. Crashes every single time now. I’m about to give up on this