Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Zenbeats 1.1 bug list

Comments

• @MatthewAtZenbeats

also experience crackling with audio layer au3 v 1.1.1

and whats the trick to get icloud sync working with zenbeats?

• @nuno_agogo said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats

Yeah I think this is either a result of the buffer size size issues or the direct streaming form disk that audio layer utilizes.

All of the buffer size/inaccurate frame number stuff is still a problem in the latest patch 1.1.1

• @nuno_agogo said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats

Hi @nuno_agogo iCloud support is in our feature request list. I'll keep you posted.

• edited February 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats very often in 1.1.1 if you select advanced midi settings it will not show you them, instead it will show you the advanced audio input selection settings. Frustrating as I’m not sure how to get it to show me the advanced settings now which is preventing me from enabling the midi note output toggle box

I just got it to show me advanced midi finally but the steps required seem arbitrary and not reproducible, sometimes it displays properly, sometimes not

• So whats the verdict with the latest update? Its it safe to update to it?

• @Strizbiz said:
    So whats the verdict with the latest update? Its it safe to update to it?

Definitely better than the last update~ still has issues with barkfilter and thafkar

@MatthewAtZenbeats btw~ Rooms! Changed its name to Thafkar (the app formerly known as rooms) but still has the same issue with the buffer sizes that we have been emailing about. Barkfilter has the same crackling problem too

• @MatthewAtZenbeats there are still weird bugs with selecting midi output for a channel- in advanced midi, output can be set to one port and in the midi out menu that is accessible from mixer view it can be set to another. Not sure which one actually takes priority

• @MatthewAtZenbeats just found something super frustrating that is making midi borderline unusable again

If you select advanced midi on track 2 and select inputs and outputs, and then jump back to advanced midi for track 1, it applies the same port settings you applied for track 2

It basically treats the midi port selection as global which completely defeats the purpose of midi port selections on individual tracks

Is there any way an update that resolves this and the buffer rate issue could be released soon? I have been working with zenbeats 2 months trying to make music and I am getting so frustrated just beta testing all of the half functional midi features and buffer size issues~ desperately want to get back to making music instead of troubleshooting~ that said if there is a test flight version with any of this addressed that I could beta test would love to if that means some of these issues may have been addressed in beta

• @MatthewAtZenbeats

Hey Matthew hope you’re well

I’m still testing zenbeats midi- I know you said that this last update addressed the midi issues

BUT

In addition to the issues I’ve cited above, midi learn on send faders(the horizontal faders that control how much of a track is sent to a send track) is still completely not functional

I am confused what midi issues have actually been addressed as so far all of the midi problems seem worse in this update than the last

• edited February 2020

Seems importing midi file format ‘1’ is a no go...

• @RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP

Can you give more details or (better yet) share the MIDI file with me. Also are you importing it on LoopBuilder or Timeline View?

• edited February 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP

Can you give more details or (better yet) share the MIDI file with me. Also are you importing it on LoopBuilder or Timeline View?

Ok.. went ahead and made sure I was not wrong.. But both LoopBuilder and Timeline 'cannot import Midi Filetype '1' ... but after converting to Type '0' (with GM Midi's desktop program) it worked. But you can import these files through the 'Open Song/Import Midi option'.
    I guess type 1 is a multitrack midi filetype..

• edited February 2020

@annahahn said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats

I’m still testing zenbeats midi- I know you said that this last update addressed the midi issues

BUT

In addition to the issues I’ve cited above, midi learn on send faders(the horizontal faders that control how much of a track is sent to a send track) is still completely not functional

I am confused what midi issues have actually been addressed as so far all of the midi problems seem worse in this update than the last

@annahahn Thanks for all the reports! Check your email :-)> @RajahP said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP

Ok.. went ahead and made sure I was not wrong.. But both LoopBuilder and Timeline 'cannot import Midi Filetype '1' ... but after converting to Type '0' (with GM Midi's desktop program) it worked. But you can import these files through the 'Open Song/Import Midi option'.

Thanks for the file and info! I can confirm you can't import type 1 MIDI files on LoopBuilder. You can import them on Time Line view though.

• edited February 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@annahahn said:
    @MatthewAtZenbeats

BUT

@annahahn Thanks for all the reports! Check your email :-)> @RajahP said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:

@RajahP said:

Hi @RajahP

Thanks for the file and info! I can confirm you can't import type 1 MIDI files on LoopBuilder. You can import them on Time Line view though.

Ok.. the only way I can import Type 1 Midi files to the timeline is, song->import midi. Hopefully we can get Type 1 to import in the loopbuilder.. Could be the best workflow on iOS DAW... ....
    ..well and Auv3 MidiFx recording..

Thanks..

• Not really a bug but can you give the option of using the drum step sequencer instead of the piano roll when adding a synth instrument? In order to do that right now I add a drum instrument and then MIDI Out to Audiobus/Auria Pro and then mute the track in Zenbeats’ mixer so that the drum sound doesn’t play. It’s a clean workaround but the step sequencer option would be much better.

• @trancespotter said:
    Not really a bug but can you give the option of using the drum step sequencer instead of the piano roll when adding a synth instrument? In order to do that right now I add a drum instrument and then MIDI Out to Audiobus/Auria Pro and then mute the track in Zenbeats’ mixer so that the drum sound doesn’t play. It’s a clean workaround but the step sequencer option would be much better.

Noted!

• @RajahP said:

Thanks..

Remember this one Matthew! Thanks.

• @Sinthemau said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

@Sinthemau said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

That is on our to-do list for sure!

• edited February 2020

This is more of a request - could we get longer faders on the mixer - they are a little jumpy and not so precise right now. Could we have a view where they fill the whole screen?

• Would love to plunk down the 15 bucks for the unlock, but a lot of bugs it seems.
    Don't need to buy more bugs, have a good supply already....

• hello!

zenbeats always crashes when i try to rescan my audiounit effects.
    anyone else gain this experience?

• @Pissedjean said:
    hello!

Same for me.
    I had more than 30 or 40 crash before succeed to finished the scan.
    If you insist it’ll work but I can’t be very long.

• Mine scanned 157 with no issues. Latest IOS old 2017 9.7 iPad.

I did mine inside the settings.

@Jeezs said:

@Pissedjean said:
    hello!

Same for me.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Mine scanned 157 with no issues. Latest IOS old 2017 9.7 iPad.

I did mine inside the settings.

@Jeezs said:

@Pissedjean said:
    hello!

Same for me.

It totally scan 521 AUv3 plugins.
    After the scan the quarantine list remain empty although some plugins are blacklisted.

• @Jeezs said:
    After the scan the quarantine list remain empty although some plugins are blacklisted.

The quarantine list is for mainly other versions. I don't think it's an active function on iOS.

@Pissedjean said:
    hello!

It's best to use "Scan For New" rather than "Rescan All". It will still fail repeatedly, but if you keep retrying it'll eventually finish.

Zenbeats has acknowledged they have more work to do in that area.

• I was able to trace my AudioLayer SFZ bug to Roland Zenbeats. Below is a copy of the email I sent using the form on their website.

Roland Zenbeats SFZ Bug

I can not import sfZ files into the VirSyn AudioLayer app on an iPad Air 3 nor an iPad Air 2 running iPadOS 13.3.1 because the Roland Zenbeats app causes sfz files to be recognized as an audio file which prevents iPadOS from being able to recognize sfz files as a file type extension that can launch AudioLayer. The moment I delete Roland Zenbeats and its data from my iPad the problem goes away. When I download Roland Zenbeats from the App Store, the sfz problem immediately returns without even having to open Roland Zenbeats.

Tracking down this problem involved multiple iPad resets and erasures plus restores from iTunes backup before I was able to isolate the source of the problem to Roland Zenbeats. Furthermore, the VirSyn developer wasted their time coding beta versions of their AudioLayer app caused by a problem which had nothing to do with AudioLayer.

I hope you notify your users of this bug and are able to track down the source of the problem within Roland Zenbeats.

• ^^ wow. great work. Thanks for the heads up. I nearly bought Audiolayer yesterday but looks like for now I have to decide on one or the other .

I hope @MatthewAtZenbeats and the team can sort this out and make amends asap.

• @zeropoint said:
    ^^ wow. great work. Thanks for the heads up. I nearly bought Audiolayer yesterday but looks like for now I have to decide on one or the other .

I didn’t encounter this problem on iOS 12.4.5. The problem doesn’t happen with EXS imports on AudioLayer nor creating instruments with AudioLayer itself.

• That's a very interesting problem with audio layer. Thanks for the report and we'll look into it.

We're currently working on some additional plugin compatibility fixes as well.

Stay tuned!

@InfoCheck said:

@zeropoint said:
    ^^ wow. great work. Thanks for the heads up. I nearly bought Audiolayer yesterday but looks like for now I have to decide on one or the other .

I didn’t encounter this problem on iOS 12.4.5. The problem doesn’t happen with EXS imports on AudioLayer nor creating instruments with AudioLayer itself.

• edited March 2020

@InfoCheck - Ok, thanks. I’m already on 13.3.1 but yes, for now my main use case would be EXS imports and rolling my own so that’s good to know ....