Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi output errors in new zenbeats update

Has anyone else experienced strange issues with outputting midi in the new zenbeats update?

It seems like output ports are meaningless and midi data output to one put gets output to all potential output ports

@MatthewAtZenbeats ~ have you encountered this? Any solution at this point?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited January 2020

Ok after some further testing I can confirm this

Any midi getting output on midi device 1 will also be output on midi device 2- it won’t even allow me to select a third midi output device as this will reset everytime I open settings, the third midi output resets as if I never selected anything.

I cannot seem to get midi cc values to record to a midi track and play back as external midi output ~ what is the best way to check that the midi cc events are being recorded if they are on strange cc numbers like 19, 16, 17 ?

@MatthewAtZenbeats all of this midi stuff was working perfectly before the last update and now it is broken and preventing me from working on music or even opening my existing projects properly. Is there any way for me to downgrade to the previous version? Any idea how soon this will be fixed? Very frustrating to have loss of functionality like this with an update.

@wim have you ran into any of these issues with the latest update?

• Hi @annahahn

Sorry for the issue, but I need more info about the setup and what you are trying to do. Also are you using version 1.0.5 or the latest 1.1 (which we just launched this evening?

• edited January 2020

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    Hi @annahahn

Sorry for the issue, but I need more info about the setup and what you are trying to do. Also are you using version 1.0.5 or the latest 1.1 (which we just launched this evening?

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

Thank you for this! Just tested in the new update 1.1 and the issue is there as well. It also seems the new Track midi menus do not work either as it will not allow me to select a midi out other than ALL unless I go to advanced in which case the midi bleeds through to the other output ports as I described above.

It seems I can select midi input tracks properly, however selecting midi output tracks always jumps the selection back to ALL. You also cannot select more than the first two midi output ports in SETTINGS as ports 3 and up jump back to empty as soon as you reopen the SETTINGS menu

Frustrating that I just missed the update window-do you have any idea how long it will take for these issues to be addressed in an update? I can’t work on my tracks now as they are dependent on this functionality, is there any way for me to revert to 1.0.4 or receive some sort of beta that fixed the functionality or reverts it to its 1.0.4 state?

Thanks so much again!!

• Hi @annahahn

Thanks for clarification. Sorry for the frustration. I've reported the issue and will get back to you when get more information.

@annahahn said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    Hi @annahahn

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

Thank you for this! Just tested in the new update 1.1 and the issue is there as well. It also seems the new Track midi menus do not work either as it will not allow me to select a midi out other than ALL unless I go to advanced in which case the midi bleeds through to the other output ports as I described above.

It seems I can select midi input tracks properly, however selecting midi output tracks always jumps the selection back to ALL. You also cannot select more than the first two midi output ports in SETTINGS as ports 3 and up jump back to empty as soon as you reopen the SETTINGS menu

Frustrating that I just missed the update window-do you have any idea how long it will take for these issues to be addressed in an update? I can’t work on my tracks now as they are dependent on this functionality, is there any way for me to revert to 1.0.4 or receive some sort of beta that fixed the functionality or reverts it to its 1.0.4 state?

Thanks so much again!!

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    Hi @annahahn

Thanks for clarification. Sorry for the frustration. I've reported the issue and will get back to you when get more information.

@annahahn said:

@MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    Hi @annahahn

Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

Thanks so much again!!

Thank you so much @MatthewAtZenbeats !

If you become aware of any fix or way that I can use a different version please let me know! Very much looking forward to getting back to my tracks~ thanks so much again!!

• Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

One last thing, can you please be sure to also note that midi cc recording/playback does not seem to work? I have been trying to get midi cc values to record to an armed midi track but they don’t seem to stick.

Am I doing something wrong/ am I missing some step like ‘enable cc record’ or something like this? Again this worked perfectly in 1.0.4

Thanks so much!!

• edited January 2020

A

• Will look into this as well. When you are recording CC's are they assigned a specific instrument parameter?

Also, try clicking on the instrument menu button in the upper left and uncheck Block All RAW MIDI CC's. See if that helps

@annahahn said:
    Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

One last thing, can you please be sure to also note that midi cc recording/playback does not seem to work? I have been trying to get midi cc values to record to an armed midi track but they don’t seem to stick.

Am I doing something wrong/ am I missing some step like ‘enable cc record’ or something like this? Again this worked perfectly in 1.0.4

Thanks so much!!

• Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

I found some other strange midi errors

When you have multiple midi tracks next to each other, you cannot always select individual midi inputs...strange things happen where if you select a midi input on one track it assigns the same input to its neighbors and then only allows one of them to actually receive the signal

• edited January 2020

@annahahn said:
    Hi @MatthewAtZenbeats

I found some other strange midi errors

When you have multiple midi tracks next to each other, you cannot always select individual midi inputs...strange things happen where if you select a midi input on one track it assigns the same input to its neighbors and then only allows one of them to actually receive the signal

Yes I can confirm this one as well.
    I found if I "select" the track (highlights at the bottom) it seems to accept the Midi in better.

I am also seeing exactly the same problem with Midi Out Selection.
    I have a midi interface (iConnect) which has around 20 midi outputs.
    I can only assign the any of the 20 outs to the first two Output fields in Zenbeats.
    If I try and assign to any midi outputs above that, and then hit "Set". It will never keep them set.
    They always revert back to empty.

I have Ipad Pro iOS 13 12x cpu 256gig.
    Running Zenbeat alone with no other apps in all tests.
    Hope it gets resolved, this app is exciting me but I just cant use it cause I can only assign two midi outs to the entire app.

• Thanks for the info. We're working on these issues now. I'll update this post with more info soon

• @MatthewAtZenbeats said:
    Thanks for the info. We're working on these issues now. I'll update this post with more info soon

Legend Mat. Thanks!
    Just in case it helps, this is the Midi interface Im using also.
    https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi4plus

Cheers.