Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

wireless iphone midi controller to control ipad and apps?

edited February 2014 in App Tips and Tricks

Yo. I'm currently running my vocals thru amplitube into loopyhd using audiobus and a irig mix or irig pro as the mic input.

Just picked up a wireless mic. Is there a way to use my iphone5 as a midi controller wirelessly, to change between amplitube presets, and start/stop/mute/clear loopy, so I can leave the ipad onstage and rock peoples minds right in their face.

I might be ahead of the possibility curve with this one, but hopefully some of you might lead me in the right direction. Thanks in advance homies.

Ps. Release AB2 yo!!

Comments

• Check out the Apollo app. It allows for midi over Bluetooth and works great.

• Thx homie!

• edited February 2014

@funjunkie27 So apollo gets em talkin... what should I use to create the iphone controller to control AmpliTube and loopy HD? TouchOSC? Lemur? Thoughts??

• Either should work. There's also MidiDesigner, and others. I'm partial to MidiDesigner. I imagine it comes down to exactly what you hope to accomplish. I'm sure all of the controller apps have their strengths and weaknesses, but I don't know them well enough to talk to that.

• I have a similar question, except I have "OLD" equipment - An Ipad1 and a 4th gen ipod-touch. Neither of these devices have Bluetooth LE which Apollo requires.
    Are there any other ways of pairing either of these devices to my new Ipad Air so they might act as MIDI controllers?

• TB Midi Stuff is another contender. TouchOSC requires the use of a PC based editor to design or modify where TBM does it in situ.

• edited February 2014

Dedicated WiFi and MidiBridge. I use a $100 iUSBPort as the hotspot. Addition benefits include USB filesystem accessible from AudioShare using its browser.

• Yep...the iUSBPort is another good alternative, but I think it has a bit more latency. Of course if your iOS device doesn't support BT LE, that's a good solution.

• Not as fast as BTLE, but not far off either. Ideal for a control surface, maybe not so much for note controller (like ThumbJam has a little problem with traffic density).

• edited March 2014

I have an old 8Gig iPhone 3G(S?) with ios 6. Can I use this as a midi controller or will it just bog down my efficiency? If it is too slow, any ideas of what I can use it for?

• ...thanks in advance!

• You can, it's a question of what kind of feedback you want to see on your phone. Check out MIDI-Bus.

• edited April 2014

Can I use TB midi or lemur on my phone to control apps on my ipad? Any videos or tutorials?
    I also have MidiBridge

• edited April 2014

Okay I did it! I am able to use my iPhone 3GS in one hand to control apps on my iPad2 (with my other hand) using MidiBridge over wifi. Very cool!