Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Barker — Against the Clock (FACT) + Octatrack Question

edited January 2020 in Other

Love this guy's album, and it turns out he can make a really decent track in 10 minutes without stopping! Piqued my interest in the Digitone. Can anyone figure out if he's recording the Digitone into the Octatrack?

Comments

• edited January 2020

I love this series. Even artists I'm not interested in I can't stop watching. This one was particularly good. Thanks @Artefact2001

Has anyone seen any of these that are iPad-centric? Or even use one?

• edited January 2020

@ExAsperis99 said:
    I love this series. Even artists I'm not interested in I can't stop watching. This one was particularly good. Thanks @Artefact2001

Agree, always fascinating to see the huge range of approaches in making music :)

• @Artefact2001 said:
    Love this guy's album, and it turns out he can make a really decent track in 10 minutes without stopping! Piqued my interest in the Digitone. Can anyone figure out if he's recording the Digitone into the Octatrack?

Why would he?
    The DT can run in sync with the Octatrack (and as it seems, it does).
    Long live MIDI clock 😅

• Can anyone figure out if he's recording the Digitone into the Octatrack?

My guess is: No. For what he says at the end, started by sampling bells sounds from the Nord Drum as the rhythmic basis of the track (guessing sampling vs sequencing because its easier to get something interesting quickly with slices) and then he starts sequencing the Digitone without sampling it.

• Turning off the comments on this ruined the channel.

• Did they turn comments off because of the response of this episode?

• @[Deleted User] said:
    Turning off the comments on this ruined the channel.

Yep, that’s why I’m posting here! Think it was cause of some moronic misogyny, perhaps relating to the video above.

• edited January 2020

@Artefact2001 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Yep, that’s why I’m posting here! Think it was cause of some moronic misogyny, perhaps relating to the video above.

alot of people got slated in the comments and to be honest the quality of music was very bad in some cases which is fine but the artists have to accept criticism as they are also getting the exposure. The comments didn't fit to the image the site wanted.... shame.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Artefact2001 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

alot of people got slated in the comments and to be honest the quality of music was very bad in some cases which is fine but the artists have to accept criticism as they are also getting the exposure. The comments didn't fit to the image the site wanted.... shame.

You can tell a lot about organizations by whom they “allow” you to comment on or criticize.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Artefact2001 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

You can tell a lot about organizations by whom they “allow” you to comment on or criticize.

Yep, thing was when someone amazing played the comments went wild with praise.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Artefact2001 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Yep, thing was when someone amazing played the comments went wild with praise.

But that umfang one was a dumpster fire on the back of a train wreck...

• edited January 2020

I actually think Umfang is pretty great. Her tracks are really minimal and trashy, and the apparently simple rhythms are off-kilter, which works well in the Brooklyn warehouses she usually pays in. The video was really confounding and BORING, and it sure looks like she doesn't care too much about her gear — a cardinal sin among the fanboys who watch Against the Clock and want to make GAS wishlists. (Myself included.)

I would hesitate in blaming HER for the shitty comments. I mean, if I worked at Fact, and I had to choose between showcasing women artists or letting sexist comments* overwhelm the forums, I'd definitely side with the women artists. Although you'd wish there were a third way, but paying for moderators is not cheap.

*_And if you don't believe that the comments were that demeaning, I have a suggestion. Join any only forum and take a female-identifying name. If you're a man, you'll be ASTOUNDED what guys say to random women. I once had a handle on a CHESS site taken from a nearby snack cake; after years of being ignored as BrooklynRook or whatever, "Lil Deb" got hit on literally every game. It was crazy_.

• edited January 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    I’m a big fan of the series, here’s a couple of my favourites.... (I like the ones which are basically a jammed out track)...

Often wondered if iOS against the clock could be a thing to try? Like start with an empty host and build / jam for 10mins?

that is practically my session every time... 10 min jam on ios from scratch on the tram. hihi