Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Garageband Guitar Solo

Comments

• Wow! I didn't think that was possible.

• That was pretty darn cool!

• An iPad... someday... ;-)
    I'd like to be able to bend down notes on the guitar in GB... Is there a way to do this? I am not a guitar player (at all), but I would think/hope that one could do so. I hear such enough in dozens of recordings over the years but you can't run your finger down the GB fretboard and get a smooth transition from one note to the next & bending the strings in either direction only does the same thing - up. Bummer!

• That's how a guitar works. You can only bend notes down by bending the neck forward or using a wammy bar.

• edited February 2014

Mostly, yes what PaulB said.

or pull the string up/down, pluck it and release back for a down bend. But you don't hear a lot of that on guitar :). Mostly you are probably hearing the whammy bar bends.

another option is thumbjam, which has up/down bends for most instruments controlled by the accelerometer.

• I can see him bending the strings on the GB guitar in that video though. But I think Brain means slides. You can do single string slides in iFretless Guitar.

There are some apps that can do multiple string/ pedal steel slides but as far as I know they're all the kind where you cannot get the sound out into AB, IAA, Audiocopy or Audioshare or whatever.

• edited February 2014

IFretless Guitar would be my choice to do this. A pity you can't get higher notes on the GB guitar.

• Htmx is correct, I forgot about prebending. Fretless guitars are cool, you can slide either way.

• You could also detune the string....although that's not something I've seen on any app.

• Thank you for the responses, I have been interested in the iFretless Guitar for a while, but have opted to spend the $9.99 on less expensive apps during this frenzy of auditioning - but I seem to be nearing the end of that phase, so I imagine it's on the horizon. A friend of mine has been busy putting together a rather nice home studio & I look forward to incorporating my iOS studio into his setup... he plays a little guitar (& he has a friend that's competent enough on guitar, so between the three of us I might be able to get what I'm looking for - even if I have to pony up for a guitar interface!

• Or you could use a B bender hipshot to bend like many country lead players use. In Brad Paisleys case it is a G bender but just a fair warning, don't try to play like Brad or you might tie your fingers in a knot.

• Uh... huh? As Steve Martin said long ago: "What is that you're saying?!?" A 'B bender hipshot'??? Will it break my iPhone? ;-)

• Ha ha! I haven't heard of someone using a 'B-Bender' since Jimmy Page! They're very cool, but they sure make your guitar weigh a ton!! ...can't say I'd recommend installing one on an iPhone though....