Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SynthMaster One v1.3 Universal Public Beta available

Hi folks, we're so glad to announce the availability of SynthMaster One iOS v1.3 Beta 2. This beta is open to public and you are encouraged to try it out if you have an iPhone 7 and above, or iPad 5th generation and above (You can of course test on older devices as well). The beta registration link is: https://testflight.apple.com/join/9arSp29l

Here's a video I prepared to demonstrate the new features:

Don't forget that our Winter Sale is ending in 2 days, you can purchase SynthMaster One iOS for only $9.99 (Regular: $19.99). The new update is free for existing users and it will be released next week!

We have really cool new features in this major update:

1. Universal App: SynthMaster One is now available on iPhone as well. We have skins for iPhone 6/7/8, 6P/7P/8P, X, XR/11 supporting their native resolutions.
  2. New Presets: The number of factory presets increased to 650 (was 500 before)
  3. IAP Store: Users will be able to purchase additional preset banks through our IAP Store. Our first IAP is "Desktop Presets Upgrade" which increases the total number of factory presets to 1250 ($9.99)
  4. MIDI Banks&Programs support: Users can now assign selected presets to a MIDI Bank, drag-n-drop presets to MIDI Programs list, and send CC0/CC32/PC messages from their MIDI controllers to change the current preset.
  5. Cloud syncronization: With our own cloud implementation, users can sync their SynthMaster One related data (presets, scales, waveforms, favourite presets, MIDI programs) across multiple platforms (Win/Mac/iPad/iPhone). They can also upload their presets to the public user library and download presets uploaded by other users.
  6. Files App integration: Users can now import/export presets, waveforms and scales using the Files app browser interface introduced with iOS 11.
  7. Scales: SynthMaster One v1.3 comes with more than 300 scales ranging from 5 tone to 12 tones, in equal or alternate temperaments
  8. Workflow improvements: Users can now see modulation sources/targets in realtime when a note is playing. When user clicks on a knob/slider, it is zoomed to indicate that the control is being edited. When user long presses a knob/slider, they can edit the modulation amount without going to the mod matrix page.

Thank you for supporting the development of our products folks! and please help us spread the news!

Comments

• Things that I haven't tested well:

Interapp Audio
    AudioBus

• Awesome.

Just one question... does this beta app install separately so that it doesn't interfere with the existing version?

• @tk32 said:
    Awesome.

Just one question... does this beta app install separately so that it doesn't interfere with the existing version?

Good question, testing this use case now.

• @tk32 said:
    Awesome.

Tested this flow:

1. deleted current version
    2. installed from AppStore (v1.1.7)
    3. created 2 presets, marked some presets as Favourite
    4. quit the v1.1.7 app
    5. installed from testflight (v1.3.0 beta)
    6. the data was preserved (2 presets + favourites)

So, on my machine NO DATA LOSS

• Thanks for testing :+1:

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent New beta not showing up in my TestFlight FYI

Never mind - just showed up!

• @anickt said:

My bad, just added the new build to the build list on appstore connect. Sorry about that :(

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@anickt said:

My bad, just added the new build to the build list on appstore connect. Sorry about that :(

Both betas popped up just after my previous post. Thanks!

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@tk32 said:
    Awesome.

Tested this flow:

1. deleted current version
    2. installed from AppStore (v1.1.7)
    3. created 2 presets, marked some presets as Favourite
    4. quit the v1.1.7 app
    5. installed from testflight (v1.3.0 beta)
    6. the data was preserved (2 presets + favourites)

So, on my machine NO DATA LOSS

Someone said before if we install beta/stable versions without deletion the existing app (beta/stable) on the device, it will not result in loss of our presets. Presets would be lost when we delete the app. So just reinstall beta/stable version without any deleting.

• $9.99 for a desktop class synth on iOS with hundreds of presets and dozens of features is a real deal

• Wish you luck with the beta but i deleted it because i can’t get on with the interface. Too many ignored/unheard taps on the menus.

• @Jocphone said:
    Wish you luck with the beta but i deleted it because i can’t get on with the interface. Too many ignored/unheard taps on the menus.

Try the new beta. It’s much better.

• @anickt said:

@Jocphone said:
    Wish you luck with the beta but i deleted it because i can’t get on with the interface. Too many ignored/unheard taps on the menus.

That was in the new beta.

• awesome! testing it today
    also, when will the ipad version show the iap for the desktop presets

• edited January 2020

@Jocphone said:

V1.3 has no issues with taps on menus in both iPhone and iPad versions. You probably tried v1.29

• @MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:

V1.3 has no issues with taps on menus in both iPhone and iPad versions. You probably tried v1.29

2nd beta 1.3.0 downloaded this morning. About 1 in 5 menu taps actually work. Not for me

• @Jocphone said:

@anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

Any chance you could screen record so the dev can see and address the issues? Videos often are very helpful to a dev in seeing /understanding an issue that they might not understand from a description.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Jocphone said:

@anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

Any chance you could screen record so the dev can see and address the issues? Videos often are very helpful to a dev in seeing /understanding an issue that they might not understand from a description.

Some items are double tap to activate

• Before update

After update

On iPhone X. The update gave me more screen app real estate! Good work @kv331audio_bulent

• @kv331audio_bulent just to make sure: the scrolling behavior hasn’t been fixed yet, right?

• edited January 2020

Cool you can ‘buy’ the big 1200+ Factory expansion (says it doesn't charge you) and take them for a spin.

Cant wait to load up! :)

• @anickt said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Jocphone said:

@anickt said:

@Jocphone said:

Some items are double tap to activate

And some (preset browser at least) seem to require a really quick tap

• @jipumarino said:
    @kv331audio_bulent just to make sure: the scrolling behavior hasn’t been fixed yet, right?

It has

• @anickt said:

@jipumarino said:
    @kv331audio_bulent just to make sure: the scrolling behavior hasn’t been fixed yet, right?

It has

Interesting, I wonder if I somehow managed to install an earlier beta, it's doing the same as before in my iphone XR. I'll try in my ipad later today.

• edited January 2020

@jipumarino said:

@anickt said:

@jipumarino said:

It has

Interesting, I wonder if I somehow managed to install an earlier beta, it's doing the same as before in my iphone XR. I'll try in my ipad later today.

Click on the SynthMaster logo on the top left header. That will display the About dialog. Click on the Help button. The menu will display the "Revision Number". Is it 8667, Built on 01/01/2020 ?

BTW, swipe up closes popup dialogs.

• @AudioGus said:
    Cool you can ‘buy’ the big 1200+ Factory expansion (says it doesn't charge you) and take them for a spin.

Cant wait to load up! :)

curious as well

• edited January 2020

@kv331audio_bulent

Dual keyboards on iPhone looks really cool!

iPad - Keyboard Expand mode closes the top keyboards on swiping up (Y axis) on the top and middle keyboards. We can close the top keyboards by tapping the Expand button again - no need to close them on swipe up as we cannot use Y Axis gestures.

In AU mode, keyboard closes on swiping left on the keyboard.

AU does not load in GB on iPhone but works in GB on iPad.

• edited January 2020

Hey @kv331audio_bulent will you be able to support the bigger 11 inch screen of the iPad Pro too?
    Rn its only centered and black boarders left and right (see screenshot)

For users with the Desktop version will it be possible to just take the presets from Desktop and copy them into the Files folder?

• @MobileMusic said:
    @kv331audio_bulent

Dual keyboards on iPhone looks cool!

iPad - Keyboard Expand mode closes the top keyboards on swiping up (Y axis) on the top and middle keyboards. We can close the top keyboards by tapping the Expand button again - no need to close them on swipe up as we cannot use Y Axis gestures.

In AU mode, keyboard closes on swiping left on the keyboard.

AU does not load in GB on iPhone but works in GB on iPad.

I'll disable swipe close for the keyboard dialogs.

• @david_2017 said:
    Hey @kv331audio_bulent will you be able to support the bigger 11 inch screen of the iPad Pro too?
    Rn its only centered and black boarders left and right (see screenshot)

For users with the Desktop version will it be possible to just take the presets from Desktop and copy them into the Files folder?

Can't promise it for next week's official release but will definitely do it. Maybe will show it at NAMM Show.

This discussion has been closed.