Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2020 NAMM Show - What would you like to see?

Comments

• @CRAKROX said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:
    Meanwhile in the ISLA batcave...

@kobamoto I think you need to look at this...

Thanks for posting this, the more I see of the unit the more I feel I “need” one ha ha.

I wanted to tag some other users but I wasn’t sure about who... @rs2000 maybe? @espiegel123?
    Who are the hardware sampler lovers?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@CRAKROX said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Thanks for posting this, the more I see of the unit the more I feel I “need” one ha ha.

I wanted to tag some other users but I wasn’t sure about who... @rs2000 maybe? @espiegel123?

It's a machine with a very specific workflow, probably best for people who have always loved the SP1200 and are now looking for a worthy successor.
    Been working with AKAI MPC1000, MPC Live, Force, Yamaha SU700, Roland SP404 and 555, Zoom SampleTrak, Digitakt, Octatrack...
    If I had to decide for which hardware to buy today, it would most likely either be the AKAI Force or the NI Maschine MK3 plus a small powerful laptop. IMHO these are the ones that are the most fun to write pattern/loop-based music on.
    I already had my hands on an MC707 but so much functionality crammed into a tiny LCD is no joy to use.

• @rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@CRAKROX said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

It's a machine with a very specific workflow, probably best for people who have always loved the SP1200 and are now looking for a worthy successor.
    Been working with AKAI MPC1000, MPC Live, Force, Yamaha SU700, Roland SP404 and 555, Zoom SampleTrak, Digitakt, Octatrack...
    If I had to decide for which hardware to buy today, it would most likely either be the AKAI Force or the NI Maschine MK3 plus a small powerful laptop. IMHO these are the ones that are the most fun to write pattern/loop-based music on.
    I already had my hands on an MC707 but so much functionality crammed into a tiny LCD is no joy to use.

Do you have an iPad :trollface: an mc707? Are you considering using it as looper??

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Push 2 is still getting updates. I wouldn't bet on Push 3 appearing until there's features inside Live that v2 can't deal with.

Would like to see hardware designed for arrange view stuff from Ableton.

Like what? Like all the trillions of controllers out there for any single and boring DAW in the world???

:trollface: Just kidding...

What do you have in mind? I recently bought an old iControl for garageband desktop and it's amazing (yes it still works and has support for latest version of garageband).

What do you will love to see in such controller? Arrange views are very boring... or aren't them?

I only can imagine Ableton going vertical also for arrangement to keep things coherent from design... horizontal makes no sense just tradition!
    I need refreshing ideas! Please share!

I’m use arrange view 95% of the time so jogwheel, automated faders, insert marker, split and tons of other stuff would be useful to have on buttons.

iOS is my session view, here plenty of options there!

Why not a Behringer Touch?

There's a big list of Ableton specific arrangement view commands that wouldn't be covered by the standard protocol. I have a Push v1, 2 Korg Nanokontrols and a Launchpad mini gen 3 mapped to give me hands on control but it's a bit messy to remember what's what and quite a few cables to manage!

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@CRAKROX said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

Do you have an iPad :trollface: an mc707? Are you considering using it as looper??

No, only played with one for a few hours to find out how much better it could be compared to Loopy HD, Nanostudio 2, GR16, BM3.
    I've watched this video before to prepare myself:
    I find the iPad apps more accessible. BM3 was a love-hate candidate because it needs as much getting used to as the MC707 but in the end, with BM3 you have a much better display and switching to the MC707 somehow felt like going one step backwards: A great mixer surface, a sensibly chosen set of buttons and knobs but a super-low-resolution, tiny LCD that reminds me of annoying menu-diving in hardware from the 80s/90s. And you cannot work without it, a lot of its functions rely on the LCD.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Push 2 is still getting updates. I wouldn't bet on Push 3 appearing until there's features inside Live that v2 can't deal with.

Would like to see hardware designed for arrange view stuff from Ableton.

Like what? Like all the trillions of controllers out there for any single and boring DAW in the world???

:trollface: Just kidding...

What do you have in mind? I recently bought an old iControl for garageband desktop and it's amazing (yes it still works and has support for latest version of garageband).

What do you will love to see in such controller? Arrange views are very boring... or aren't them?

I only can imagine Ableton going vertical also for arrangement to keep things coherent from design... horizontal makes no sense just tradition!
    I need refreshing ideas! Please share!

I’m use arrange view 95% of the time so jogwheel, automated faders, insert marker, split and tons of other stuff would be useful to have on buttons.

iOS is my session view, here plenty of options there!

Why not a Behringer Touch?

There's a big list of Ableton specific arrangement view commands that wouldn't be covered by the standard protocol. I have a Push v1, 2 Korg Nanokontrols and a Launchpad mini gen 3 mapped to give me hands on control but it's a bit messy to remember what's what and quite a few cables to manage!

Mmmmm draw something! Maybe a custom solution...

• @rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@rs2000 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@CRAKROX said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

No, only played with one for a few hours to find out how much better it could be compared to Loopy HD, Nanostudio 2, GR16, BM3.
    I've watched this video before to prepare myself:
    I find the iPad apps more accessible. BM3 was a love-hate candidate because it needs as much getting used to as the MC707 but in the end, with BM3 you have a much better display and switching to the MC707 somehow felt like going one step backwards: A great mixer surface, a sensibly chosen set of buttons and knobs but a super-low-resolution, tiny LCD that reminds me of annoying menu-diving in hardware from the 80s/90s. And you cannot work without it, a lot of its functions rely on the LCD.

I think the same plus price. Djs1000 has more appealing but also pricey...

I want drawings. All those wishes require brave people! (Maybe novation or indies)
    It could be possible build a custom solution with some tooling if these finally doesn’t fit the specs.

I’m waiting for the NAMM to start my owns or buy something if becomes reality (circuit 2)

Exciting times!

• On iOS I’d love to see a new Studiomux type app that actually works

• @gsm909 said:
    On iOS I’d love to see a new Studiomux type app that actually works

Ha! Exactly. You'd think after so many years this would've been solved.

• I'd like to see the sampling/resynthesis addition to Synclavier Go!

• Its not a new mixer if thats what you are saying. Reloop Elite is the mixer unless theres a new mixer. Then theres the Rane 72. So expensive considering you need a laptop, decks and the software. It made me buy am Ipad for production, should I ever decide to go DVS with one deck. Still think djplayer pro can only achieve this. Will wait and see what they bring to NAMM anyway before selling a 1210. At the mo it looks like all thats needed is the ios program and a fader upgrade for a roland dj 99. Prob best for me to sell a deck though as the mixer sound isnt the best. Quite sure the sound ultimately routes through mixer even the it comes from ios. So maybe its best to just use 1 deck for scratches. Not that bothered though as scratching does take up a lot of time and effort to produce a sound but dvs on ios with a fader upgrade might be worth it. Not sure why Im even going on about it. Maybe for opinion.

• Still annoyed my Vestax pmc 07 pro went missing from under my bed. Although Rane sound quality might be better from reading. Could of still been used today. Theres options like rane 56. Pmc 05. Reloop kut. Pioneer club mixer with a fader upgrade. Z2 or mixars duo or to put a £130 innofader pro 2 in a £109 mixer. Might be ok with just one deck plus post processing.

• Question. Please answer if pos. I got audio cables that go from korg volcas to audio interface. 3.5m stereo to dual mono trs. Can I output from the headphone out on mixer to audio interface like its a volca. Mixer only uses its pre-amps which I guess will get amped by the zoom u44.

• @sigma79 said:

Its not a new mixer if thats what you are saying. Reloop Elite is the mixer unless theres a new mixer. Then theres the Rane 72. So expensive considering you need a laptop, decks and the software. It made me buy am Ipad for production, should I ever decide to go DVS with one deck. Still think djplayer pro can only achieve this. Will wait and see what they bring to NAMM anyway before selling a 1210. At the mo it looks like all thats needed is the ios program and a fader upgrade for a roland dj 99. Prob best for me to sell a deck though as the mixer sound isnt the best. Quite sure the sound ultimately routes through mixer even the it comes from ios. So maybe its best to just use 1 deck for scratches. Not that bothered though as scratching does take up a lot of time and effort to produce a sound but dvs on ios with a fader upgrade might be worth it. Not sure why Im even going on about it. Maybe for opinion.

Yup I thought the Craze one was the same... that one seems new but we should wait until more leak or release.

• @Shazamm said:
    I will be there as always trying to get all the IOS gear for my youtube channel and to share with all you good folks that dont get to go

awesome. what is your youtube channel?

• @TheDubbyLabby said:

@sigma79 said:

Its not a new mixer if thats what you are saying. Reloop Elite is the mixer unless theres a new mixer. Then theres the Rane 72. So expensive considering you need a laptop, decks and the software. It made me buy am Ipad for production, should I ever decide to go DVS with one deck. Still think djplayer pro can only achieve this. Will wait and see what they bring to NAMM anyway before selling a 1210. At the mo it looks like all thats needed is the ios program and a fader upgrade for a roland dj 99. Prob best for me to sell a deck though as the mixer sound isnt the best. Quite sure the sound ultimately routes through mixer even the it comes from ios. So maybe its best to just use 1 deck for scratches. Not that bothered though as scratching does take up a lot of time and effort to produce a sound but dvs on ios with a fader upgrade might be worth it. Not sure why Im even going on about it. Maybe for opinion.

Yup I thought the Craze one was the same... that one seems new but we should wait until more leak or release.

Could be a new mixer mate.

• edited January 2020

I want to see a tiny-as-possible USB/USB-C interface with charging, stereo input, stereo output, MIDI input/output, all via 4 1/8 jacks + 5-pin MIDI dongles.

Like the Rode SC6-L

Or one of these cheapo audio thingies.

• Novation Circuit 'Pro'?

• Double sized grid (8x8 ala their ableton controllers)
    • Double the patches, projects, patterns, sample storage slots (hey, already have double the buttons right?)
    • 4 instrument/external MIDI tracks
    • Shift key = top 8 knobs always control the same 8 parameters. Preferably user-definable but would be ok with some generic defaults like attack, release, cut-off, etc
    • Audio input. Sampling would be huge but just for easy of minimal jamming, I love gear with audio inputs.
  • @papertiger said:
    @d4d0ug ...or an updated version with the Volca Drum sequencer!!

Not that I'd be likely to buy them again but a Volca refresh seems about in order. Take the best bits from each of the sequencers and make them as-standard-as-makes-sense across the entire line. Bump up the memory on all of them. AND ALLOW REMOTE SEQUENCE TRANSPOSITION FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY.

• @syrupcore said:

@papertiger said:
    @d4d0ug ...or an updated version with the Volca Drum sequencer!!

Not that I'd be likely to buy them again but a Volca refresh seems about in order. Take the best bits from each of the sequencers and make them as-standard-as-makes-sense across the entire line. Bump up the memory on all of them. AND ALLOW REMOTE SEQUENCE TRANSPOSITION FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS HOLY.

Make the Volca Sample a SampleR! :smiley:

• Seems like it's about time for the Arturia Keystep Pro, no? Bigger keyboard, more knobs for CC control, multi-track sequencer...

I'd like to see something like the Korg KR Mini drum machine with better sounds. Actually, I want it to have the Funkbox sound collection, now that I think about it. :) Along with zero programming and a speaker, just like the KR. Something for family fun times that can just sit on the piano and go when we say so.

On the other hand, I'd also like a MINI-Disc size drum sample player with no sequencer, lots of sounds and minimal controls. An Alesis d4/d5 in the palm of your hand. Something entirely meant to be triggered and controlled from an external sequencer like the BeatStepPro.

I guess using old iOS devices + interface could work for those but there's hassle involved that I'd prefer to skip.

• @sigma79 said:

@TheDubbyLabby said:

@sigma79 said:

Could be a new mixer mate.

Something djing related should come from somewhere.

About Korg/Novation grooveboxes let’s hope something comes too!

• edited January 2020

@syrupcore said:
    I want to see a tiny-as-possible USB/USB-C interface with charging, stereo input, stereo output, MIDI input/output, all via 4 1/8 jacks + 5-pin MIDI dongles.

Like the Rode SC6-L

Agreed, that would be good. These dongles also need longer pig tails on them (25cm). Need to be able to be tucked out the way if using the ipad on a stand.

• @PsyKology said:

@syrupcore said:

Like the Rode SC6-L

Agreed, that would be good. These dongles also need longer pig tails on them (25cm). Need to be able to be tucked out the way if using the ipad on a stand.

That's a common issue. I bought USB-C extensions and have been successful with all three lengths.

https://www.amazon.com/Extension-CableCreation-Extender-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B01FM4ZQLQ

• @sigma79 said:
    Question. Please answer if pos. I got audio cables that go from korg volcas to audio interface. 3.5m stereo to dual mono trs. Can I output from the headphone out on mixer to audio interface like its a volca. Mixer only uses its pre-amps which I guess will get amped by the zoom u44.

Should work fine. Just watch the level coming out of the headphone amp on the mixer—might be too hot for your audio interface inputs.

• @syrupcore said:

@sigma79 said:
    Question. Please answer if pos. I got audio cables that go from korg volcas to audio interface. 3.5m stereo to dual mono trs. Can I output from the headphone out on mixer to audio interface like its a volca. Mixer only uses its pre-amps which I guess will get amped by the zoom u44.

Should work fine. Just watch the level coming out of the headphone amp on the mixer—might be too hot for your audio interface inputs.

Thanks syrupcore. Should be fine. Kinda thought the same. Noise of cables and headphone output.

Recently blew a Rega hifi speaker. Output from laptop headphone socket into hifi amp. Thought it could have been not choosing line vs aux but it was likely the fact the drivers on laptop were all crackly and popping. Must have amped it. Bit of a donut reallyres. Theres no speakers in this setup.

• Did some already say drambo?

• I will love to see a NI Traktor F1 mk2 full class compliant to use it with some iOS apps...

• Interesting to see the Korg 2600 at NAMM, whats the chances they got a R2D2 patch set up?