Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamuary 20/20 Creation Thread - Post Your Creations 👊🏼™️

edited January 2020 in Creations

Well folks, a big Happy New Year to everyone on the forum. I sincerely hope that 20/20 will bring each one of you joy, happiness, health, wealth and love in the new year.

That being said, Jamuary is that time of the year in which we get to Jam and Jam and Jam and share our Jams with our online brothers and sisters...so i figured i would take the first step and offer up my newest creation of 20/20.

Here’s to sharing some loverly music with everyone 👊🏼™️❤️

Comments

• Updated title. Would love to see everyone else’s work. We could even save a playlist of them on YouTube.

Hope to see you here 🙏🏼💕

• Any specific criteria or genre?

• edited January 2020

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    Any specific criteria or genre?

All genres are welcome. Just need to be on YouTube. Would love to see your work added to the Jamuary #20/20 craze 👊🏼™️

• I’m trying something this year. My “jams” are going to be one minute loops (good Instagram loop length), one per day, that I’ll use as launchpad fodder to do larger remixes...

Maybe mon-sat loops and sun remix those 6 into a longer jam...? Not sure yet. At any rate it will give me a chance to work on my new Pure Acid controller setup...

jam #1

• Good stuff @echoopera and @MonkeyDrummer. I'm also doing stuff on Instagram.

Here's my first one from last night:

• @MonkeyDrummer what controller is that? And how are you mapping it?

• Nice stuff @auxmux and super intense work @MonkeyDrummer

I like the focus of 1 minute loops with a remix at the end of the week. I may adopt that technique at some point during this long month.

• Here’s my Day002 jam:

• Nice jams @echoopera and thanx for posting here. Here is my first jam.

• @dmnc said:
    Nice jams @echoopera and thanx for posting here. Here is my first jam.

Nicely done. Love the flow of this piece. Thanks for sharing.

• edited January 2020

Decided to map out the month. Let’s see how well i can stick to the roadmap 🤪

• Had same thought re ReSlice!

• Feel free to use any of these triggers to create if you like them.

• @auxmux said:
    @MonkeyDrummer what controller is that? And how are you mapping it?

Vestax VCM-600. Prob. one of the best usb midi controllers ever made. Built like a tank, has a footswitch input, etc. REALLY hard to find at a price a sane person would pay.

Only real down-side is the cc assignments are fixed.

I'm thinking of maybe doing a video showing how I'm using it once I get it all figger'd out.

• edited January 2020
  • Thanks everyone for contributing. Let’s keep it going.

Day.003 here:

• @echoopera said:
    Thanks everyone for contributing. Let’s keep it going.

Day.003 here:

Fantastic! Please tell me that the drones and textures at the beginning and in the background are made with monoke beta :) sounds awesome.

I am doing the jamuary thing on Twitter and limit myself to 2:20 (it’s the limit of twitter, right?)

• @david_2017 said:

@echoopera said:

Day.003 here:

Fantastic! Please tell me that the drones and textures at the beginning and in the background are made with monoke beta :) sounds awesome.

I am doing the jamuary thing on Twitter and limit myself to 2:20 (it’s the limit of twitter, right?)

Thanks. The drones are all Aparillo and Factory on this particular track. Haven't massaged Mononoke enough yet to get it into the workflow, but will soon get there.

Love seeing your posts on twitter...thanks for sharing it on this thread.

Happy Jamuary 20/20!!

• @echoopera thanks mate! Glad you like it.

Yeah you massaged factory and Aparillo big time. Wonderful man! Wonderful!
    I hope Aparillo and I will get friends at some point too...

• @echoopera said:

I’ve been considering doing the same thing for a while now (unsure if I’ll try it with Things 3 or OmniFocus 3 so I’ll most likely end up experimenting with both). Let me know how it goes for you and good luck.

• Nice tracks you guys did there. A little late here my day three:

• edited January 2020

Improvised ambience in AUM ... Used a lot of loop manipulation via Turnado, Effectrix & Replicant 2, with a whole bunch of synths and effects.

• @craftycurate said:
    Improvised ambience in AUM ... Used a lot of loop manipulation via Turnado, Effectrix & Replicant 2, with a whole bunch of synths and effects.

viiiibes diggin it!! sequencing those notes or playin em in? either way im all about it! at about the 4 min mark now.

Here is my contribution for today. I did one yesterday too but didnt like how it turned out as much.

• @echoopera said:

Day.003 here:

That’s pretty chill...

• Here’s today’s spawn... linking to the special edition director’s cut
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/B66K82DhqfS/?igshid=1m2lj031uzzy3

• @MonkeyDrummer crazy good stuff going on there!

@all we should start talking about video effects that are cr sting rhythmic interest. Like the one from monkeydrummer. What do you guys use to make your jam videos interesting (visually).

Right now I am using my iPhone to record, screen record on iPad and combine audio from iPad with video from iPhone. Still looking for a trick to get both synchronized, but this is my workflow right now

• ‪Saturday Night fever and #jamuary2020 goodness on day004‬

• And the resulting track of the setup above:

Thanks as always to everyone for contributing to this inspirational thread 👊🏼™️

• edited January 2020

@david_2017 I use Staella for most of my videos and also Glitch Art Studio. I do all the editing in LumaFusion.

Day 4 from me: 0coast + Fractal Bits and FX

• @echoopera said:

I need you to map out my workflow for the month too 😂 good stuff!!