Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why I Love Rap

Comments

• @michael_m said:
    I used to be a big fan, but haven't found much rap that interests me for quite a few years now. Even when friends tell me about something really great, I listen to it and don't feel particularly excited about it.

On the other hand, I played Dr Octagonocologist last week and it reminded me of how much I love Kook Keith.

Nothing else beats that album for me.

I feel the same about modern stuff. Honestly I find Azealia Banks more interesting than most of it.

• Why I used to love rap...

• edited August 2020

I compared this to the original version of "Dead Wrong" and prefer this one. Those orchestral woodwinds add a nice menacing touch.

• Still repping UK hiphop 👊

• Going to enjoy going through this thread later, thanks :)

• «Mama Said Knock You Out» is still my favorite. Good to hear LL Cool J is okay and happy https://news.amomama.com/244470-ll-cool-j-his-wife-simone-smith-have-bee.html

• I'm a metal guy, so I have some bias towards the heavier rap stuff. Shout out to uk grime, lots of odd time sigs

GHETTS is a legend imo

In the states:

Bones: not sure if this is still underground but I like it

Clipping: he was in Hamilton

Amsterdam has an interesting trap scene from what I've heard too

• I remember buying a bag of lemon and walking around the block ( with 3 weeks off over xmas ) Going to the indian takeaway etc. Found and bought this. The artist is usually an electronic artist I aspire to still from 2003. On my faderfox etc. Im like yep, thats an Allen and Heath mixer. He looks like me a bit I think. A doppleganger. https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/jz9NSNbbXTkAjfiF7

• Just post one non rap track because of boredom. Theres better but this is nuts. Its sounds like a car crusher having a battle with a transformer at a scrapyard. What sort of synth is that or idea is that?

Difficult to know.

• Rest in peace DMX one of the illest ever Salute

• @oldschoolwillie said:
    Rest in peace DMX one of the illest ever Salute

RIP

• are there any rappers on the forum?

• Japanese (and most East Asian) hip hop is getting really good since the triplet flow got big

• @shinyisshiny said:
    are there any rappers on the forum?

I rap a bit here and there. Not really active right now tho

• Nice @KirbyMumbo

Here’s a different broken beat vibe

• edited May 2021

Imagine you run into a random person. That person is me. I tell you I dislike all rap I’ve heard since Stankonia in ‘01 (and old Three Six and Project Pat for fun...but I can’t truly say I consider them respectable artists like Outkast, just a nostalgia trip). That album hit me just right and is still electric to this day. Everything else I think sucks. What would you try to sway me with? For more context, early Bob Dylan, the Semi-Charmed Life guy from Third Eye Blind, Big Boi and Andre 3000 are currently my favorite rappers. So I’m looking for the best of the best (further hint: you can skip Kendrick Lamar). What is there?

This post is based on a true story.

• @oat_phipps said:
    What would you try to sway me with?

Nothing. Don’t listen if you don’t enjoy it.

• @KirbyMumbo said:

@oat_phipps said:
    What would you try to sway me with?

Nothing. Don’t listen if you don’t enjoy it.

That is...very different from the way I think about music. And a lot of other things.

Thank u, next

• @LinearLineman said:
    I posit the most diverse and original form of music today is rap music.

It also allows you to experience the magic of different languages. There are sites out there that collect rap songs in various languages, and it is simply amazing how great some of them sound. They tend to reflect the general characteristics of the given language (the soft lilt of Thai, harsher sounds of Arabic) and also reveal how some languages seem to be "made for rap" - try Persian/Farsi for one amazing example.