Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Why I Love Rap

Comments

• edited January 2020

@sigma79 said:
    Evil b and Eksman

@LinearLineman So that's the style you're talking about?

• I love hip hop but can’t stand braggy rap or when a rap goes past 8-16 bars. Reminds me too much of talk radio. 🤣

• Dont know many rappers. Bought this album though as he worked with an electronic artist, who dosent really make much hip hop.

• To any classic 90s/2000s rap fans
    Check these albums that dropped this year from Duckdown Records

Smif n Wesson - The All

Black Moon - Rise of da Moon

Sean Price & Lil Fame - Price Of Fame

(No autotune or mumble raps)

Real hiphop is still alive!

RIP Sean Price!

• Hip-hop is the basis of everything I make because I grew up on Wu Tang, Nas, Camp Lo etc.
    But I just wanna mention, Ye and La Flame got me into Mike Dean's sound a lot.

• edited January 2020

@rs2000, yeah, that goes there. I would just add a loop from Rite of Spring. Happy new year, brother!

@sigma79, that’s exactly what I am driving at. The subject, the loop. Not my favorite but representative of what I’m talking about.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @rs2000, yeah, that goes there. I would just add a loop from Rite of Spring. Happy new year, brother!

Happy new year of creativity 2020 😁

• @LinearLineman said:

Not exactly hiphop, but a great idea.

• WTKWTK
    edited January 2020

Clear Soul Forces! Definitely one of the most underrated hiphop groups imho nowadays. 10 years on stage and counting...

Now:

Then:

And as a feature (props goes 2 Apollo brown as well):

• @Mull said:
    Can’t listen to much modern hip hop but there is still good stuff out there. Always go back to the stuff I was raised on, hip hop when done right is transcendent of its constituent parts. Yes it might just be an 808 drum line over a Herbie Hancock loop but with the right MC, the right flow and the right word play? It can leave you shaking your head at just how perfect it all fits. Hip hop has built its own masterpieces from the ground up on the bones of what mainstream culture discarded. One of my faves.

Love this but to really make the most of it I'm going to need that hypodermic nurse...

• edited January 2020

I also hate modern 'hiphop'.. those generic trap beats with autotune vocals. Melodic Fruity loops beats with sweet melodies aimed at the hitparade kids..

Rap music should be raw.. just dope beats and dope lyrics:

• This thread is veering dangerously close to Get Off My Lawn!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

• edited January 2020

Yah rap is more about ‘Get dah fuck off my lawn bitch niggah!’

• So are we going to start sharing some YT acapellas and get some beats going or is this just a load of jibbah jabbah?

• @DCJ said:

@rms13 said:
    Mainstream rap/trap is all crap today.

Come on. Not all mainstream rap.

You aren't going to find anything interesting on commercial radio or Spotify playlists but it's out there.

Nonsense. Kendrick Lamar is a perennial commercial list resident.

Kendrick does nothing for me. But music like all personal tastes are subjective. Anything I say is obviously my personal opinion. I get that millions of people are into him and mainstream rap and pop music in general but I'm not the target audience of the mainstream

• @TonalityApp said:
    +1 for Snarky Puppy

+1

There are a new generation of jazzers who have been influenced
    by Hip-Hop and African based musics, they are amazingly good.

I used to do hip-hop and garage production years ago.
    It is far more challenging than it seems at first glance.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    This thread is veering dangerously close to Get Off My Lawn!

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

• edited January 2020

I was born in a tiny town in BC, Canada, and spent the first few years of my life living with my Mom and Dad in a logging camp with about 12 people. We moved to bigger towns based on my need to go to school.

My mom laughs when she reminds me that my best friends when I was growing up were frogs, raccoons, and the occasional bear.

Which is why I am always amazed that somehow, from the mid-eighties, I discovered KRS-One, Public Enemy, Paris, Poor Righteous Teachers, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B and Rakim, Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc.

I spent hours reading the lyrics on the cassette inserts. I was captivated and intrigued, and as far away from this music as a person could be.

This was before the proliferation of the web, so you can imagine the surprise when I walked into my school library and asked if there were any books about Malcom X, Farrakhan, the Black Panthers, and the Nation of Islam. The stunned silence of the librarian answered me pretty quickly.

I was so influenced by lines like,
    “teachers teach and do the world good
    kings just rule and most are never understood”

So I guess I love rap because it somehow managed to leap cultural barriers and expose me, at a very influential age, to the idea that there are people in the world that have extremely different realities to mine, and that respecting that their views are based on those experiences is important. I love rap cause it helped raise me.

• I can’t find the full album on YT but this song and the whole album are an absolute trip

• @DYMS said:
    I was born in a tiny town in BC, Canada, and spent the first few years of my life living with my Mom and Dad in a logging camp with about 12 people. We moved to bigger towns based on my need to go to school.

My mom laughs when she reminds me that my best friends when I was growing up were frogs, raccoons, and the occasional bear.

Which is why I am always amazed that somehow, from the mid-eighties, I discovered KRS-One, Public Enemy, Paris, Poor Righteous Teachers, Big Daddy Kane, Eric B and Rakim, Run DMC, LL Cool J, etc.

I spent hours reading the lyrics on the cassette inserts. I was captivated and intrigued, and as far away from this music as a person could be.

This was before the proliferation of the web, so you can imagine the surprise when I walked into my school library and asked if there were any books about Malcom X, Farrakhan, the Black Panthers, and the Nation of Islam. The stunned silence of the librarian answered me pretty quickly.

So I guess I love rap because it somehow managed to leap cultural barriers and expose me, at a very influential age, to the idea that there are people in the world that have extremely different realities to mine, and that respecting that their views are based on those experiences is important. I love rap cause it helped raise me.

++many

• @rms13 said:
    Kendrick does nothing for me.

I'd like to be the random internet commenter to encourage you to try a little harder with Kendrick. If there are modernisms that turn you off (like autotune does me) try to look past them or just hit next. If that doesn't work, maybe watch this interview and try again. Worth it, promise.

From where I sit, Kendrick Lamar should be mentioned next to Prince, The Beatles, Pixies, Tribe Called Quest, Talking Heads, Dylan, James Brown, Miles Davis, Brian Eno, J Dilla and other masters of their respective genres.

• don't forget Bad Brains :)

• @DYMS said:

If you are from B.C., are you into Swollen Members? I love them and especially into Madchild's solo stuff.

• @rms13 said:
    If you are from B.C., are you into Swollen Members? I love them and especially into Madchild's solo stuff.

I left Canada around 91, so they never really registered on my map. I will check them out though, thanks.

• edited January 2020

@rms13 said:

@DYMS said:

I saw those guys back when I used to live in Scotland! They were supporting Kool Herc about 20 something years ago and at the time I had never heard of them but after their set I bummed a cig off Madchild and had a wee chat, he's a lovely fella. Are they big in Canada?

• edited January 2020

@JackDwyerburger said:
    I can’t find the full album on YT but this song and the whole album are an absolute trip

I love this whole album and I’m not a huge hip hop guy. Something about combining Kool Keith and Dan the Automator just works. There’s another album that Dan does with Mike Patton called Lovage that’s really unique. Actually maybe I really do like hip hop come to think of it. Old albums by Tribe Called Quest, Wu Tang Clan and The Roots grooved pretty hard in my book.