Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

2019 - The Year Behringer Buried the Synth Market!

Comments

• Did everyone see, they released the Cat yesterday.

• I was waiting for a bag joke...

• edited January 2020

People have been demanding this for decades, quite a few are now outraged now their wishes have been granted. Strange days...

Let them eat synths!

• My only disappointment is that it was not the VCS3 clone. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m kinda getting bored with the standard stuff they keep releasing (honestly I’m not complaining - we are just getting spoilt!).

• Crave, Neutron, Deepmind are all original.

Not even looking at the Wing thing because I don’t want to change my have enough hardware stuff status.

• @Lurcher said:
    My only disappointment is that it was not the VCS3 clone. Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m kinda getting bored with the standard stuff they keep releasing (honestly I’m not complaining - we are just getting spoilt!).

Just grab this while you wait. Shipping is reasonable.

https://reverb.com/item/30217238-ems-vcs3-1969-crickewood-dk1-documents-fully-serviced-many-mods

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Crave, Neutron, Deepmind are all original.

Not even looking at the Wing thing because I don’t want to change my have enough hardware stuff status.

Isn’t the Crave just a Mother32 clone?

• Just a little too late for me, I have enough analog stuff, I am way more interested in what’s happening in iOS as the tablets improve..

I do like the idea of every young musician having an analog mono to experience and to jam with friends, but there are plenty of Minibrutes already about...

• edited January 2020

"Buried" is rather over-stating it. But they are changing things. Nostalgia re-releases is definitely a substantial % of the overall market right now. However, they need one or more (original) halo synths to be viewed as anything other than a low-cost, low-creativity leader.

It's a safer investment as a company to rebuild something people like/want from the past, where there's already a model and a market, than to go and try to innovate and create something new in hopes people fall in love with it and buy enough to sustain the company.

• @vitocorleone123

as mentioned above - DeepMind, Crave and Neutron are orihinals. Every obe different and interesting products. I have Neutron and in my opinion it is one of most interestin semi-modular modern synths, has some pretty mice festures and, what is most inportant, it sounds very different from other midern analog synths - it has it's own character.

DeepMind has amazing FX unit and some festures very unique and nit available even even in lot more expensive synths...

Crave is also interesting and unique thanks to it's features/price ratio.

• Crave vs Mother 32. They nailed it!

• I am looking forward to a Behringer SEM Module...love the SEM filters

• edited January 2020

@dendy said:
    @vitocorleone123

as mentioned above - DeepMind, Crave and Neutron are orihinals. Every obe different and interesting products. I have Neutron and in my opinion it is one of most interestin semi-modular modern synths, has some pretty mice festures and, what is most inportant, it sounds very different from other midern analog synths - it has it's own character.

DeepMind has amazing FX unit and some festures very unique and nit available even even in lot more expensive synths...

Those 3 aren't "halo" instruments, though. They show Behringer has potential to create one. But, again, it may not have a financial incentive yet to create one. That said, most manufacture's of high-end things like to have something like that. Think of auto makers. Or espresso machines. Or... lots of stuffs. It helps define the brand and demonstrate what can be done. Right now, Behringer doesn't have that when it comes to synths. And maybe they don't, and shouldn't, care, if that's not their goal, and they see long-term success in creating clones.

• edited January 2020

@vitocorleone123 said:

@dendy said:
    @vitocorleone123

Those 3 aren't "halo" instruments, though. They show Behringer has potential to create one. But, again, it may not have a financial incentive yet to create one. That said, most manufacture's of high-end things like to have something like that. Think of auto makers. Or espresso machines. Or... lots of stuffs. It helps define the brand and demonstrate what can be done. Right now, Behringer doesn't have that when it comes to synths. And maybe they don't, and shouldn't, care, if that's not their goal, and they see long-term success in creating clones.

I think they will keep making clones in most cases for at least 2020 into 2021 (vintage poly synths and the eurocrack clones). There will be a point where it will make more sense to create fewer products based on new designs using their acquired tech.

• edited January 2020

More people are buying hardware synths these days. Market is healthiest it’s ever been and purists will keep avoiding this company which used to be good advice regarding anything with audio inside.

The midi stuff has always been very good.

There will be no B-Armageddon!

Something worth considering...

There’s been about 5 direct analog clones of the 303 around long before this one and countless software versions. Nobody was upset with those, what’s different now?

Roland rents romplers if your countries disposable income level exceeds the threshold set by the marketing department. They have stated publicly they will never re-issue the classics as that is “chasing ghosts”

I would be more upset about that behaviour personally. Also like the idea of owning a few 👻 at some stage.

• Superb decision by Behringer to move into synth manufacturing, they’re going from strength to strength, hope 2020 continues in the same manner.