Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Connecting the 2018 iPad Pro to MIDI Keyboard

I’ve now upgraded to a 2018 iPad Pro and want to play synths on it from a MIDI Keyboard. I posted about this regarding a 2015 iPad a while back but I’m sure there have been new interfaces since then.

I’d like to use these synths live so would like audio out etc. Any advice on reliable setup appreciated.

Comments

• @maestroman said:
    I’ve now upgraded to a 2018 iPad Pro and want to play synths on it from a MIDI Keyboard. I posted about this regarding a 2015 iPad a while back but I’m sure there have been new interfaces since then.

I’d like to use these synths live so would like audio out etc. Any advice on reliable setup appreciated.

I'm not sure on the midi controller keyboard you'd like but, having just recently (including today!) getting into this external gear stuff, I've had to buy an audio interface. I got this one - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017LVWBKW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 - which has allowed me to plug in an Arturia Microfreak (which came today - yay!) and an Uno Drum machine. I'm sure people more expert than me can chime in with advice, but this setup has worked for me, personally. Just make sure you have the necessary cables - I've had to pinch a USB cable from my printer for use with the Microfreak, for example, to enable USB in/out of it. I found it all a bit of a headf*** to start with but now it's all good. As for a controller keyboard, I have a Korg Nanokey Studio but, tbh, I hardly ever use it. It works, though, and is good enough for me. If you're a 'proper' musician and need a proper musical keyboard, though, I couldn't help with that one. Happy music-making, though!