Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mixer for iPad

Looking to hook up an old Boss drum machine to my iPad Pro. It’s RCA out. Any suggestions on mixers or adapters?

Comments

• I think this is replaced with the UCA-222 now, but this would be my first consideration for a budget solution.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

^this for the most inexpensive, targeted solution.
    Unless you want to take the opportunity to get an interface with more capabilities such as MIDI. Sometimes spending more saves money and time later on.

• Here’s what I’ve found that may help:

IK Multimedia iRig Stream - had 2 RCA ins and will connect to iOS devices

https://www.amazon.com/IK-Multimedia-iRig-Stream-resolution/dp/B07Z6GWZPV

IK Multimedia iRig Pro DUO - has two 1/4” / xlr inputs and will connect to iOS devices. So you can purchase and dual RCA to dual 1/4 TS cable.

https://www.amazon.com/IK-Multimedia-channel-professional-interface/dp/B0148JMEEI

Apogee Jam +

https://www.amazon.com/Apogee-Jam-Plus-Instrument-Interface/dp/B07GG18DVZ

Many other audio interfaces will work (the manufacturer’s website will normally say what it’s compatible with) so my 2 cents would be to pick up a dual rca to dual 1/4 TS cable. Also if the boss drum machine has a headphone out, you could connect an 1/8 to 1/4 cable (or if it’s a 1/4” output, then 1/4 TRS to 1/4 TRS).

Apologies if this information wasn’t useful, but I do hope it helps.

• @day_empire said:
    Looking to hook up an old Boss drum machine to my iPad Pro. It’s RCA out. Any suggestions on mixers or adapters?

I have 2 iPad Pro’s hooked up to 2 different interfaces, One is the Apogee Duet, the other is the RME Babyface Pro. The Apogee only has 2 inputs, the Babyface Pro has 4 inputs onboard, but can be expanded as it has ADAT. Both have midi .. the Apogee is USB midi .. the Babyface Pro is 5pin DIN midi. There is an upgraded version of the Babyface Pro that will be available after NAMM next month. The RME Babyface Pro also uses the same Patchmix mixer software their really high interfaces use .. and it’s a joy to use (for me at least) The Apogee has a very rudimentary app that does not give you any eq capabilities .. only input/output/pan and a few audio adjustments, plus if your using a USB-C 2018 iPad their app won’t work right (at least last I checked)

Myself I plug analog mixers into both interfaces then run my hardware synths and drum machines into those .. and then just mute the tracks I don’t want recorded in the recording process. There are other interfaces that will work now like the Steinberg stuff .. but I thought I’d share what I am actually using.