Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mononoke : Expressive Drone Synthesizer

Comments

• @Gavinski said:
    I see the 'fold' and 'dsaw' here, but where is the s&h lfo please? Don't see any other new knobs at all...

• Haha, I thought I must be missing something, thanks Bram. Sounding good!

• Really great update, making it very hard to turn the machines on and go to work this sunny morning! Thanks @brambos

• Blissed out in feedback space!
    Thank you @brambos
    Five Stars

• edited March 2020

@brambos

fantastische !!! vielen dank !

@ohwell said:
    I’m surprised, it turns out that together, the s&h lfo, the super saw, and the fold option make the synth engine much more ´playable´ — like the pads always were. It’s now also super inspiring to just hold a few notes and go to town coaxing evolving soundscapes from the synth engine page itself.

like the hours spent in Dr Om noodlings

• Absolutely brilliant update.

I suppose that Bram is going to add even more features, as my following analysis shows without any room for doubt:

😇

• @brambos - unless it’s just my imagination, it seems like the fold control is also increasing the volume? With no master output control, this is a bit inconvenient. It seems like it would be better if it was volume neutral. Again, I could be imagining this. I didn’t do any measurements.

A volume control on each side could be useful IMO. (Though I realize one can control volume with the pads, of course.)

• Flipping heck I’m getting some good sounds from this. I’d agree with @wim though, fold does seem to ramp up the volume.

• @wim said:
    @brambos - unless it’s just my imagination, it seems like the fold control is also increasing the volume? With no master output control, this is a bit inconvenient. It seems like it would be better if it was volume neutral. Again, I could be imagining this. I didn’t do any measurements.

A volume control on each side could be useful IMO. (Though I realize one can control volume with the pads, of course.)

Being able to set a velocity range for the pads individually could prove very useful

• Yes, agree about fold, Causes massive volume increase, you need to simultaneously lower the volume of whatever pads you are using as you ramp up fold, not very easy to use in that case...

• The saw is very welcome, as well as the S&H. Both will add a little bit more mileage to it.

• I’m tweaking the wavefolder to reign in the volume peaks. Coming in the next minor update :)

• Is there a clever way that I'm missing to rebalance volume if I've set the two halves at radically different filter curious cutoff?

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

As far as I can see, no. I think it would be handy, but probably not a super simple thing to add. I just try remember to adjust where I play on the pads, which isn't really that bad to me since they're so expressive.

• It's fine to adjust where u play on the pads but it becomes problematic if you have pads that are on hold and then try to introduce fold

• wimwim
    edited March 2020

@Gavinski said:
    It's fine to adjust where u play on the pads but it becomes problematic if you have pads that are on hold and then try to introduce fold

Volume increase from Fold is being fixed, and affects both sides equally. We were talking is about volume balance between the left and right side oscillators, which can vary with settings like cutoff.

• Oh yeah, I see that now, thnx

• Can someone explain what "fold" actually do?

• It’s simply a type of distortion. The method used is to fold peaks in the sound back over themselves. So, for instance instead of a sine wave smooth hump, you end up with a peak, a round valley, then a peak. Google fold back distortion images to get a quick idea of what I mean.

• @brambos Interesting take here.

• Can Fugue Machine run Mononoke? If not, which Midi app can do the job?

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    Can Fugue Machine run Mononoke? If not, which Midi app can do the job?

It's not really designed to be sequenced so much as played.

• @iOSTRAKON said:

Yes, just be sure to switch Mononoke from mpe to midi mode on its synth tab.

• I usually do that but I need my hands free for this session

@wim said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

It's not really designed to be sequenced so much as played.

Thanks, man!

@xor said:

@iOSTRAKON said:

Yes, just be sure to switch Mononoke from mpe to midi mode on its synth tab.

• edited July 2020

One of the mozaic scripts records the pads and plays them back ok as I remember it...

Simple Recorder Looper

I seem to remember upping the limit on events without causing issues...

• @iOSTRAKON you can do it with Xequence2. riffer also works but riffer is not poly... stepolyarp also can do the job

• Thanks @mlau !!

@mlau said:
    @iOSTRAKON you can do it with Xequence2. riffer also works but riffer is not poly... stepolyarp also can do the job

• @iOSTRAKON also, if you have a digitone or digitakt, elektron just updated their devices and the audio class compliant is now stable... just phenomenal

• That’s great news but I don’t even have a USB port 😂

@mlau said:
    @iOSTRAKON also, if you have a digitone or digitakt, elektron just updated their devices and the audio class compliant is now stable... just phenomenal

• @iOSTRAKON vintage is underrated 😎