Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are customers of IK and PG upset at their pricing schemes?

Hello, i have amplitude, vocalive and mic line for iPad, i recently purchased a Dimebag and slash add-on in amplitude, i later found out that if you owned the Slash for iPad app (same price) you can call up the amps in Amplitube, how ever i tried to verify this because i rather use the Slash app instead of deal with the annoying scrolling through dozens of pages of silly amps i don't own, have to buy yet can't try even in Amplitube (which i also paid for already) and when i went to get it i was asked again for money!

IK has no answers for this in one thread, instead they suggested to contact tech support and locked the thread. https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23071&sid=f4bacea93391f9b081f1cc4f35066b48&p=98154#p98154
The idea we should pay twice for a signature add-on or app is not fair to begin with yet locking the thread and suggesting to contact tech support could only mean this is not a bug.

With out talking latency again, I like to ask people here if you also experienced this double pricing or is it a bug., sure IK did not mention this but should they of not in advance?

Comments

• You might try a thread title that sounds less trolly. Otherwise, you will end up with an echo chamber of complainers and not hear from the many people that have a different view worth considering.

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    You might try a thread title that sounds less trolly. Otherwise, you will end up with an echo chamber of complainers and not hear from the many people that have a different view worth considering.

Hi

it may sound like a rant, maybe a pissed off customer., Trolling if anything is when someone hijacks the thread posting comments which have nothing to do with the question...sort of to blind side the point from the public for their own personal interests.

• I have many IK apps and Positive Grid apps. I try to carefully see what it is I’m buying and then buy it. I am very pleased with the quality of 100% of the apps from both companies. I hope they become AU v3 but I’ve never felt schemed or scammed in the slightest, from them or any other company for that matter. I do kinda miss Pearl Guitar and Improvox, but I also miss my 1973 Volkswagen Bug.

• edited December 2019

@NoiseHorse said:
    I have many IK apps and Positive Grid apps. I try to carefully see what it is I’m buying and then buy it.

thanks for your comment, how is it that you can try anything of Its with out buying them, can you explain this? My question is referring to been asked for money over and over, i don't see any option to try anything.

• @GavrielProductions said:

@NoiseHorse said:
    I have many IK apps and Positive Grid apps. I try to carefully see what it is I’m buying and then buy it.

thanks for your comment, how is out that you can try them? can you explain this? whenever i see amps in amplitude im asked to BUY them..how could of i tried Slash or Dimebag Darrel amps? i say thy are scamming customers.

And I disagree - nowhere does it say that if you buy the gear in AmpliTube that you are entitled to the stand alone app free.
    In fact quite the reverse if you buy the stand alone apps you can unlock the relevant equipment in AmpliTube for free.

• Have you raised a ticket with IK customer services? What was their response?

• @BiancaNeve said:

@GavrielProductions said:

@NoiseHorse said:

thanks for your comment, how is out that you can try them? can you explain this? whenever i see amps in amplitude im asked to BUY them..how could of i tried Slash or Dimebag Darrel amps? i say thy are scamming customers.

And I disagree - nowhere does it say that if you buy the gear in AmpliTube that you are entitled to the stand alone app free.
    In fact quite the reverse if you buy the stand alone apps you can unlock the relevant equipment in AmpliTube for free.

I already mentioned that in my thread, its illogical to charge the same for an in app purchase yet again for the stand alone amplitube app with only those amp sims (Fendr, orange, hendrix etc)

• edited December 2019

@gusgranite said:
    Have you raised a ticket with IK customer services? What was their response?

I wanted to ask the same question another person did, but IK locked the thread i was fallowing..i can not see why anyone should contact tech support unless the IK team mentions its bug in iTunes store or a mistake, to lock the thread altogether and instead suggest the OP contacts tech support sounds like a scam IK does not plan on stopping and instead rather kept it under the hood.

@gusgranite said:

I wanted to ask the same question another person did, but IK locked the thread i was fallowing..i can not see why anyone should contact tech support unless the IK team mentions its bug in iTunes store or a mistake, to lock the thread altogether and instead suggest the OP contacts tech support sounds like a scam IK does not plan on stopping and instead rather kept it under the hood.

I think contacting support is the first thing you should do before slamming a company online. at least give them a chance to look into it and respond.

• I’ve been happy with all my purchases from IK and Positive Grid. I primarily record guitar and vocals. I like having the many different options for amps and effects from both companies. Any time I’ve had an issue with IK they have responded promptly and my issues have been resolved.

• edited December 2019

@mjcouche said:
    I’ve been happy with all my purchases from IK and Positive Grid. I primarily record guitar and vocals. I like having the many different options for amps and effects from both companies. Any time I’ve had an issue with IK they have responded promptly and my issues have been resolved.

i don't buy it, ik has a a online army of trolls, not saying your one but that i can't find any company that is perfect and they are certainly one of them. sorry

PS, Enrico from IK gave me tons of stuff when i was at a US major label during the 1990s+, i love the people there but just can't grasp the whole pricing scheme., i thought it was a iTunes store bug or something.

• It’s due to how the App Store is set up, and IK’s attempt to offer a variety of purchasing choices. Unfortunately, as you’ve seen, trying to be creative with the App Store only leads to trouble. I really don’t think there’s anything nefarious going on.

Hello, i have amplitude, vocalive and mic line for iPad, i recently purchased a Dimebag and slash add-on in amplitude, i later found out that if you owned the Slash for iPad app (same price) you can call up the amps in Amplitube, how ever i tried to verify this because i rather use the Slash app instead of deal with the annoying scrolling through dozens of pages of silly amps i don't own, have to buy yet can't try even in Amplitube (which i also paid for already) and when i went to get it i was asked again for money!

I’m having trouble un-packing what you’re saying above. It sounds like the root issues are

1. You purchased the Slash add-on via IAP in AmpliTube and when you try to use one of the amps it says you need to purchase it. If that’s true, then first of all, have you tried doing a “Restore Purchases”? Also, have you verified you were actually charged for it? If both of those are true, then contacting IK support is definitely the thing to do. Posting here will not sort that one out.
    2. You expect that you’ll should be able to use the standalone Slash app without having to purchase it separately since you bought it in AmpliTube. Yeh, this isn’t possible due to the way the App Store works. You can unlock an IAP in an app based on ownership of another app from the same seller. But, you can’t go the other way around. You can’t make it possible to install another app for free because someone purchased an IAP in a different app. The App Store mechanics just don’t allow that.
    3. You don’t like the confusion of it all. I hear you there. What IK has always tried to do is offer what you actually want, the purchase of standalone apps for each thing such as Slash and Dimebag. At the same time, they’ve offered all that as IAPs in the main Amplitube product. This is a bad idea, but I’m sure not done to cheat people. It just leads to no end of confusion. Fortunately, back when I was thinking of getting AmpliTube, I saw all these issues playing out online and in the App Store reviews, and decided to just purchase AmpliTube and IAPs. I would have been pissed too if I went a different route.
    4. You don’t like the scrolling through a bunch of amps you don’t own in AmpliTube. Yes, it would be nice if they filtered those out, or shoved them down to the bottom of the list or something. Marketing over Usability sucks.

At least that’s my take on it based on what could be a misunderstanding of what you wrote. I’m not a defender of IK, just trying to sort through the issues.

Tagging @ikmultimedia, who has been active and responsive here.

• @gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

I think contacting support is the first thing you should do before slamming a company online. at least give them a chance to look into it and respond.

Your joking right? why not just tell all customers who buy your products to contact tech support about prices and billing schemes or just advise the person to return their purchase in the iTunes store and buy the silly slash app if they still like the product? solved?

@gusgranite said:

@gusgranite said:

Your joking right? why not just tell all customers who buy your products to contact tech support about prices and billing schemes or just advise the person to return their purchase in the iTunes store and buy the silly slash app if they still like the product? solved?

I don’t know... maybe I like sticking up for IK because they take a lot of flak lol. They make wicked plugins, I know that much. Well I hope you land in a happy place!

• edited December 2019

@wim said:
    It’s due to how the App Store is set up, and IK’s attempt to offer a variety of purchasing choices. Unfortunately, as you’ve seen, trying to be creative with the App Store only leads to trouble. I really don’t think there’s anything nefarious going on.

I’m having trouble un-packing what you’re saying above. It sounds like the root issues are

1. You purchased the Slash add-on via IAP in AmpliTube and when you try to use one of the amps it says you need to purchase it. If that’s true, then first of all, have you tried doing a “Restore Purchases”? Also, have you verified you were actually charged for it? If both of those are true, then contacting IK support is definitely the thing to do. Posting here will not sort that one out.
    2. You expect that you’ll should be able to use the standalone Slash app without having to purchase it separately since you bought it in AmpliTube. Yeh, this isn’t possible due to the way the App Store works. You can unlock an IAP in an app based on ownership of another app from the same seller. But, you can’t go the other way around. You can’t make it possible to install another app for free because someone purchased an IAP in a different app. The App Store mechanics just don’t allow that.
    3. You don’t like the confusion of it all. I hear you there. What IK has always tried to do is offer what you actually want, the purchase of standalone apps for each thing such as Slash and Dimebag. At the same time, they’ve offered all that as IAPs in the main Amplitube product. This is a bad idea, but I’m sure not done to cheat people. It just leads to no end of confusion. Fortunately, back when I was thinking of getting AmpliTube, I saw all these issues playing out online and in the App Store reviews, and decided to just purchase AmpliTube and IAPs. I would have been pissed too if I went a different route.
    4. You don’t like the scrolling through a bunch of amps you don’t own in AmpliTube. Yes, it would be nice if they filtered those out, or shoved them down to the bottom of the list or something. Marketing over Usability sucks.

At least that’s my take on it based on what could be a misunderstanding of what you wrote. I’m not a defender of IK, just trying to sort through the issues.

Tagging @ikmultimedia, who has been active and responsive here.

Sorry if i am blunt honest but your confusing my thread

Just so people know, Apple told me that i have 14 days to return any products including in app purchases at this link; shorturl.at/CMPU5 and i can buy this slash ios app which i can use inside amplitube ( if i still want it) , SOLVED.....why did you not offer this and instead this long message is only PR to me.

Let me reply to your lines above.
    1-Never said that the Slash add-on via IAP in AmpliTube did not work inside Amplitube..it works.
    2-What's the question???
    3-If i knew that i could use the app inside Amplitube as aadd-on via IAP why not buy the app only, why pay twice?
    4-I think its IK's fault for not telling customers to buy the signature app if they own Amplitube because they can use both and not the other way around., was a simple question i noticed been dodged.
    5-Yes marketing dos suck, which i what it feels like reading all this, just been honest, Apples solution is much faster.

First off, i totally 100% support Enrico and IK Multimedia, i met Enrico in NY 1998, again in Paris during 1999, i have nothing but love and best wishes for this company, i want to see IK do even better, so don't assume i hate IK or slammed them about anything. i was assuming this was a bug.

But ... if you purchased an IAP and it’s not showing up as having been purchased, then what other sane remedy is there? If you can show them that you indeed purchased it, then they should, and are obligated to, fix it.

If you’re wanting the Slash app to be available separately because you purchased the IAP, that ain’t gonna happen. It doesn’t work that way on the App Store. But, maybe by contacting support, and showing that the IAP isn’t working even though you purchased it, they might give you a promo code. Probably not, but just a thought.

BTW, there may not be a way to get a refund for an IAP. But, if you do want to try, then contacting Apple is the only way to do it. Neither IK, nor any other seller, can arrange for refunds. That has to go through Apple.

Maybe I’m trying to help where help isn’t really wanted, and sympathy is, though. If so, sorry...

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

Eh. OK, cross post suggests I am trying to help, but shouldn’t be. Sorry (sincerely).

As I mentioned, I tried to understand the issues, but wasn’t clear from your description of them. Sorry for not unpacking it correctly.

I’ll leave it over to the people who agree with you that IK is evil...

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

Your joking right? you can simply return the IAP like a purchased in cases like this...i was wondering if its as bug.

But ... if you purchased an IAP and it’s not showing up as having been purchased, then what other sane remedy is there? If you can show them that you indeed purchased it, then they should, and are obligated to, fix it.

No it does show up and works, i never aid it did not.

If you’re wanting the Slash app to be available separately because you purchased the IAP, that ain’t gonna happen. It doesn’t work that way on the App Store. But, maybe by contacting support, and showing that the IAP isn’t working even though you purchased it, they might give you a promo code. Probably not, but just a thought.

I already returned the IAP for the APP, solved!

BTW, there may not be a way to get a refund for an IAP. But, if you do want to try, then contacting Apple is the only way to do it. Neither IK, nor any other seller, can arrange for refunds. That has to go through Apple.

Yes there is, here is the [Link] shorturl.at/CMPU5

Maybe I’m trying to help where help isn’t really wanted, and sympathy is, though. If so, sorry...

Never said the in app IAP did not work, where did i say this?

I do not think this site should compromise its honesty over one company, no matter what freebies or discounts they get from IK or other companies, its trolling to pretend i said the IAP did not work, we know this is about a suspected BUG which is more less a deliberate marketing scheme.

Bottom line, Apple says return the purchase at shorturl.at/CMPU5 SOLVED!
    My take on all this is IK should tell people that their IAP is only add-on but the APP can be used both ways.
    I would not be suspecting a bug if the IAP was sold for less.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

“i recently purchased a Dimebag and slash add-on in amplitude, ... have to buy yet can't try even in Amplitube (which i also paid for already) and when i went to get it i was asked again for money!”

I misunderstood apparently. Not important. Bye...

• edited December 2019

@wim said:
    Eh. OK, cross post suggests I am trying to help, but shouldn’t be. Sorry (sincerely).

As I mentioned, I tried to understand the issues, but wasn’t clear from your description of them. Sorry for not unpacking it correctly.

I’ll leave it over to the people who agree with you that IK is evil...

Edited: if that how you see this then IK is Evil, i say its scam and you in it!

• In response to the thread title: I feel like I've gotten good value for the iK and PG products I've bought. I also have done a fair amount of research before buying the apps and hardware I've bought. And feel like I got what I expected.

• @espiegel123 said:
    In response to the thread title: I feel like I've gotten good value for the iK and PG products I've bought. I also have done a fair amount of research before buying the apps and hardware I've bought. And feel like I got what I expected.

sounds like a PR stunt

• @wim said:

“i recently purchased a Dimebag and slash add-on in amplitude, ... have to buy yet can't try even in Amplitube (which i also paid for already) and when i went to get it i was asked again for money!”

You wrote that., scroll up and read it again. TROLL!

I do not think this site should compromise its honesty over one company, no matter what freebies or discounts they get from IK or other companies.

You are in the conspiracy theory zone now. @wim and I do not get special freebies or discounts from IK. We simply chill out here on ABF to relax our shoulders and avoid doing the dishes.

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

Bit harsh, mr Wim is a distinguished member who only trys his best to help... honest! 🙂

• edited December 2019

@gusgranite said:

I do not think this site should compromise its honesty over one company, no matter what freebies or discounts they get from IK or other companies.

You are in the conspiracy theory zone now. @wim and I do not get special freebies or discounts from IK. We simply chill out here on ABF to relax our shoulders and avoid doing the dishes.

Its in black and white, Apple says that if the developer sells an ios app which freely shows up as a IAP inside another app by the same developer such as Amplitube then simply return at this link shorturl.at/CMPU5 if and buy the ios SIGNATURE TONE app if you want both, solved right?

I do not agree with you that IK should charge the same money for a IAP (signature tone) aka add-on in Amplitube when someone can buy that IOS signature apps and use it i Amplitube as well for free. Apple says its the developer who decided this and not them or any mechanism in the app store., why not apply to both then??

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@wim said:

Cut and paste from here...
    But OK, look, I can see I’m not welcome here. If you don’t engage me further, I’ll be gone anyway. -peace, I hope your day gets better. B)

@espiegel123 said:
    In response to the thread title: I feel like I've gotten good value for the iK and PG products I've bought. I also have done a fair amount of research before buying the apps and hardware I've bought. And feel like I got what I expected.

sounds like a PR stunt

Nope. Just a satisfied customer who doesn't want future AB forum visitors to get the impression that your opinion is shared by everyone.

Not sharing your opinion does not make me a shill.

• Why is anyone engaging with this bad-faith complaint?

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@wim said:

Cut and paste from here...
    But OK, look, I can see I’m not welcome here. If you don’t engage me further, I’ll be gone anyway. -peace, I hope your day gets better. B)

Read it again, i never said that the SLASH IAP did not work inside Amplitube, i said that there are many amps in AMPLITUBE that i did not buy, can not try and have to scroll through compared to the SLASH app ( i assumed this btw)... and then i elaborated that it was for the reason i rather buy the IOS SLASH APP which comes with a free IAP compared to the other way around were you have to pay TWICE if you get th IAP first before the app.

There ar several comments here by people suggesting that IK puts marketing over quality with all these amps adverts inside Amplitube and you can't try them until you pay, i did not say this, others did.