Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

*UPDATED 5/14* - Sliver - from Alex Matheu (GlitchBreaks dev)

123457»

Comments

• Update out, adds ADSR amongst other things. Just tried playing it via virtual midi from another app/keyboard and it works brilliantly!

• edited May 2014

Thanks again @distraub this excellent sound design tool is now an awesome monophonic synth with ADSR.
    Iv e removed my vid`s as they are no-longer needed their purpose have been served, I will make some new ones in the future.

• Agreed! I just played with it, and love the new ADSR feature. Great job @distraub! Thanks so much! :-)

• edited May 2014

Thanks Guys! I am glad you like the update. And yep I am already working on another one.

@Multitouch another video would be awesome.

• Hey, @distraub, I think I may have discovered a problem (though it's not beyond the realm of possibility for me to be making a mistake). If I play several notes rapidly I. Succession, with ADSR turned on, the sound will often cut out or mute by about the third note. Lifting my finger and playing the note again will let it play fine, but the cutting out messes up the sound. I've checked extensively, and I don't think it is due to the natural decaying of the affected sound, and I don't think it is due to my release settings. Could you look into this?

Is anyone else seeing this?

• @Audiojunkie was that with the built in keyboard? Or MIDI, I don't have the ability to test MIDI at the moment, but I can't seem to replicate this with the built in keyboard.

Can you send me a PM with your settings and I can work it out to see if I can replicate?

Ale

• Yes, it was with the built-in keyboard. I tried it with several settings. Maybe I should uninstall/reinstall first before we go further, since no one else has brought up the issue....

• I don't think a reinstall would do it, and I am not saying you didn't find a problem, can you send me your settings?

• Sure. I didn't get a chance to do anything last night. Hopefully I'll have a chance this weekend. :-)

• So I've finally started to click with this app. I really like the kind of hollow metallic sound that this app can easily conjure to whatever sample you load into it. It seems to be mostly coming from the delay but other elements add to it, as well. Coupling that with being able to control pitch by the keyboard, it adds a unique character that I haven't seen replicated with other apps.

Another thing I like a lot about this app is how, for me anyway, the qualities of the results are worlds different if things are automated, compared to if they're not. A lot of apps, the character of the sound is still there, even with automation. With this app, the character really does seem to change radically with automation, I like that.

• edited March 2015

Oh damn.... i thought yep.... finally an update for this.
    A bit silent from @distraub. I hope he is well. It's a great developer and GlitchBreaks is great too.

• Ah, sorry, hehehe, didn't realize I'd fake people out doing that!